Angelbaby
I wanted to thank everyone for posting their stories they have helped so much.  We picked up our baby boys ashes last night.  He was the light of our lives for 17 years.  He had a suspected brain tumor.  Was having seizures. The last two months was a steady decline.  The last week was so sad.  I wanted so much for him to pass in his sleep but that was not to be.  We made the agonizing choice to end his suffering when he was struggling to breath.  He passed away 9 days ago and I miss him so bad.  He was a 10 pound Shih Zu.  Everyday is so hard.  I have other furbabies and find I am a helicopter mom right now so worried to lose another.  I am so grateful for everyones posts as they have helped me through some dark moments. 
Quote 0 0
cmsaenz
I am so so sorry for your loss. It does help knowing that there are so many other people who understand the pain that we are feeling. I read an article that asked why losing our sweet furbabies is sooooo hard? Besides the obvious that they are our babies, our family,  was the suggestion that there are really no traditions for losing them, obituaries, burials or even religious services. Not only are we lost in our grief, there is no instructions that tells us what we are supposed to do. My sweet baby pommie died last Friday so suddenly and my pain seems unrelenting. We will be picking up her ashes in a couple of weeks and I can only imagine how difficult it will be. I wish you love and support and for me, I know the 12 years I had with mine were a gift, of unconditional true love. 
Cindy
Quote 0 0
P_Mom
I'm so sorry for your loss. The decision and saying goodbye truly is pure agony. We understand what you're going through. My boy was also 10lbs - pure love, playfulness, fun, and joy everyday of my life.  I hate this new life without him. I just can't accept this is how it's going to be.  I fortunately have another 12 yr old baby and like you am a helicopter around him.  I feel like I know so much more.  Caring thoughts are with you now and in the days ahead.
Jennifer
Quote 0 0
Angelbaby
P_Mom wrote:
I'm so sorry for your loss. The decision and saying goodbye truly is pure agony. We understand what you're going through. My boy was also 10lbs - pure love, playfulness, fun, and joy everyday of my life.  I hate this new life without him. I just can't accept this is how it's going to be.  I fortunately have another 12 yr old baby and like you am a helicopter around him.  I feel like I know so much more.  Caring thoughts are with you now and in the days ahead.

Thank you for your reply.  I am so grateful for my chihuahua she is 11 and helps with the loss of my other baby.  I worry about her too as she is grieving also.  I bought her a dog stroller and waiting on it to be delivered.  I always took her brother for walks but she hated being on a leash.  I hope she likes the stroller.  I am hopeful to start something new for the both of us.  Somehow I feel guilty doing things without him, but each time I get through those firsts the next time gets a little easier.  Will always love and miss my baby.  
Quote 0 0
P_Mom
My boys also Chihuahuas and you're absolutely right they do grieve the loss of their pack members. My boy seemed lost for 2-3 months - didn't want to play with a dog cousin that came over 2 months after Patch passed which was highly unusual. He went into his little house and stayed there. I had tucked away one of Patch's favorite toys because I wanted to preserve the smell, then it dawned on me to bring it out for Sam. He sleeps with it and cuddles up to it all the time. I think it helped. I got a stroller as a gift from my sister for Patch since our walks were shorter as he aged. We only used it once because the snow soon came, but I think they are great for getting a dog out into the fresh air who can't walk or doesn't like the leash.  They have safety straps (I attached to harness) and I added extra cushion and a cozy blanket because the sidewalk bumps can be a little rough.  I understand the guilt, but your baby would want you to continue doing those things and doting over their pack mates. ❤
Jennifer
Quote 0 0
Angelbaby
P_Mom wrote:
My boys also Chihuahuas and you're absolutely right they do grieve the loss of their pack members. My boy seemed lost for 2-3 months - didn't want to play with a dog cousin that came over 2 months after Patch passed which was highly unusual. He went into his little house and stayed there. I had tucked away one of Patch's favorite toys because I wanted to preserve the smell, then it dawned on me to bring it out for Sam. He sleeps with it and cuddles up to it all the time. I think it helped. I got a stroller as a gift from my sister for Patch since our walks were shorter as he aged. We only used it once because the snow soon came, but I think they are great for getting a dog out into the fresh air who can't walk or doesn't like the leash.  They have safety straps (I attached to harness) and I added extra cushion and a cozy blanket because the sidewalk bumps can be a little rough.  I understand the guilt, but your baby would want you to continue doing those things and doting over their pack mates. ❤

Thank you so much for your post.  I have had a hard day today been sleeping on and off just no energy to get started.  You writing about spoiling the other  pack member really helped.  I teared up when you mentioned Sam sleeping with Patches favorite toy.  How sweet.  They are sweet little dogs.  I will let you know how the stroller goes it is supposed to deliver Friday.  
Quote 1 0