lynntree
We had to have our golden retriever Marley put to sleep on Monday 04/11/2016. We rescued her 2 years ago and weren't sure how old she was when we got her or knew anything about her background. We knew that we were going to give her a good home and love her no matter what. Over the last several months Marley starting getting really bad, unable to get up to go to the bathroom, etc. My husband and I made the decision to take her on Monday after knowing in our hearts that it was time. We arrived at the vet and she felt her and said she felt like she had tumors and said it was time to put her down. I have lost a pet before but watching your pet go to sleep before your eyes is just heartbreaking. Since Monday I have not been able to stop crying and feel so depressed. I know in time it will get better but it is a terrible feeling now.
Lynn B
Quote 0 0
Jimbo106
Very sorry to hear about Marley. I've had a soft spot for Goldens since I was a child, and know how loveable they are. I'm glad her last years where with a family who gave her plenty of love.

Yes...the pain does lessen but I'm sorry you have to feel it now.

Hugs

Jim
Quote 0 0
lynntree
Thank you Jim. Yes she was very lovable. I feel comfort in knowing that we did give her a good home in her last days. Hopefully each day will get easier.
Lynn B
Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12
I am very sorry for your loss Lynntree  It is a very hard thing making the decision and watching your baby being put down.  I've done it with 2 of my babies in the last 13 years.  My solace is, knowing they are not suffering anymore, and are at peace, and together.

the pain is very new for you.  Its ok tocry, yell hit a pillow, anything you want to do.  keep posting in this forum. It is full of wonderful caring people who really help each other.  We have all been there.   Sue
Susan
Quote 0 0
lynntree
Thank you Sue. Yes I get peace knowing that she is not suffering anymore and at peace. I know with time it will get better, just really tough right now. Glad there are people to talk to here.
Lynn B
Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12
Lynn   Yes Indeed it is tough.  The first week or so after I lost Winston, I was hysterical with grief.  I didn't eat, shower, sleep or go out.  My 2 kids wanted to hospitalize me.  I truly thought I was having a breakdown.  I prayed to my parents (both gone) to help me. By some miracle it seemed to work. It still hurts terribly, but im nothing like i was those first couple of weeks.

This forum has been a life saver for me.  I can get all my feelings and grief out.  My kids just don't want to hear any more of it.  I keep it to myself, or I post on here.  My heart breaks at some of the stories.  Keep posting Lynn  it truly helps the soul.
Susan
Quote 0 0
lynntree
I know what you mean. My stomach is in knots and just keep crying at the drop of a dime. Thank you for your support and I will keep posting here.
Lynn B
Quote 0 0
et61
So sorry for your loss. keep posting and reading the forums. It is helping me get through my loss of my baby, Sweetie.
Quote 0 0
BeachieGirl33
So sorry for your loss.  Just be assured that your baby is waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge.  Peace and hugs to you!

Betty
Quote 0 0
lynntree
Thank you everyone for all of the support and kind words. It helps to know we are all going through the same thing and we can support each other.
Lynn B
Quote 0 0
Eddiesmom
It is very hard.  I had to put my rottweiler Henry down March 31st. I stayed with him the entire time but the second it was over I ran out hysterical, doubting what I had done, head pounding and feeling I was going to vomit.  I have done this once before, lab Louie, and don't remember being this distraught.  I think because I KNEW it was time for Louie and I might not have been as sure with Henry and that haunts me.  

Thank you for giving your sweet golden a good home for 2 years, she knows she was loved, what more can a living thing want?  
Sue E
Quote 0 0