graceofgod5
It's been three weeks since I lost my best buddy. I have gathered up most of his things and put them in a safe place where they won't be bothered or damaged. I still need them. They are comforting. His bed and blanket are still in his room and I'm okay for them to stay there. The clothes I wore are still folded on my night stand beside my bed and they can be there as long as I need them to be. 

I found my cat in the bottom drawer in my night stand. She was curled up in a circle and was very very still. I touched her to make sure she was still okay. She barely twitched. She stayed that way for a long time. After a while, she walked into the room I was in. I went in my room to see what she was doing and cried. I saved a bag of Zeke's hair and put it in my drawer, close to me. She was laying on his hair. They were best buddies and she was grieving.  We all are impacted by the loss.

In all of this, I'm reminded of the importance of telling the story. I have a long distance friend who was asking me what happened. As I was writing to her, I was weeping. It felt fresh all over again. The pain was real and on the surface. It was oh so hard to tell the story but healing is in the telling of it to compassionate people who will cry with you. 

That's my encouragement..as we are all in different stages of grieving...don't stop telling the story. Tell it as many times as you need to. I want to hear your story, as many times as you need to tell it, and I'll be here to "listen" and say...me too. I know that pain and we're gonna make it, even when we feel like we're not. 

We're all here for and with each other. Blessings.
Michelle
Quote 1 0
Chinadoll
Beautiful post. It's been 6 months for me, I haven't told my story completely yet. I've considered starting a topic just to express my feelings. I've tried to help others all along, this forum has been a tremendous blessing for all of us.
Charlie
Quote 0 0
Ozziemom
Absolute beautiful post it's been 5 weeks since I lost my best buddy and it seems like forever I cry everyday and that's ok 14 years is along time of unconditional love and companionship our life has completely changed without them. It is so true graceofgod telling your story is tough and by doing this you may begin to heal one day at a time they say when you can tell your story and it doesn't make you cry you know you have healed....and those who listen to your story know the true meaning behind the pain and it's painful. We will get through this ❤
Quote 0 0
graceofgod5
Chinadoll wrote:
Beautiful post. It's been 6 months for me, I haven't told my story completely yet. I've considered starting a topic just to express my feelings. I've tried to help others all along, this forum has been a tremendous blessing for all of us.
I've been encouraged by your responses and I'm sure others have too. I'd love to read your story when you feel ready to share.
Michelle
Quote 1 0
graceofgod5
Ozziemom wrote:
Absolute beautiful post it's been 5 weeks since I lost my best buddy and it seems like forever I cry everyday and that's ok 14 years is along time of unconditional love and companionship our life has completely changed without them. It is so true graceofgod telling your story is tough and by doing this you may begin to heal one day at a time they say when you can tell your story and it doesn't make you cry you know you have healed....and those who listen to your story know the true meaning behind the pain and it's painful. We will get through this ❤
Thanks for sharing! My heart is right there with you. My Zeke was almost 14. ❤️
Michelle
Quote 0 0
jmrlily
Thanks Michelle, that was beautiful.

I just told a little bit of my story in a post.

Look forward to hearing yours,

Jane
Quote 0 0