Pablo16
Pablo was the joy of our lives. We loved him maybe too much. I would sing to him everyday and just marvel in his happiness and affection. We loved our baby so much and everyone who knew us knew we treated him like a son. So yesterday in the park we took him to play and something went wrong and he choked on a piece of stick. We did not know what to do but tried a few things and then rushed him to the vet but he did not make it. We are haunted by this memory and just keep stirring over the details. Life is not the same and if only we knew how we could have helped him he would be here. Our house is empty except for his fur which is still everywhere. I am not sure what to do from here...this is just unfair and I want him back every second :(
Pablo16
Quote 0 0
LisaAndy
Oh my goodness I am so sorry. It sounds like a tragic accident that could happen to any dog. You were taking him to do something he loved to go play. 
I can imagine you keep going over the details, but that is normal. But please don't blame yourself! Accidents like this happen, it sucks when they happen to you though!

I am very sorry, can you post a photo of Pablo?
Quote 0 0
Pablo16
Thank you for your response. This is th hardest thing we have had to go through. We both can't sleep or eat and my husband is suffering unbelievable trauma from it all . We don't know what to do

Pablo16
Quote 0 0
exit30
My heart breaks for you Pablo16, the sudden passing is absolutely gut wrenching. I just posted our story on LisaAndy's post, here is what we experienced if it helps:

Our Tuffy was 5 years old and in perfect health, when one day at work I get a call on my cell from my partner Cindy who is crying and frantic, Tuffy had collapsed on the kitchen floor right in front of her for no apparent reason.  She rushed him to the ER Vet up the road, I run out of work and drive as fast as I can to meet them, when I arrived they had Tuffy in the back and were working on him. The vet came into the exam room to inform us that he didn't make it, the words to describe how we felt do not exist, our world stopped spinning completely. 

I was a total mess for days, crying, not sleeping, and drinking to dull the pain, I was worthless at work and didn't stay a full day the rest of the week. I do not have the words to help you get over the loss, in my mind none of us ever do get over it, we just find a way around it as it is always there. This forum has helped me a great deal, as everyone on here has been through what you are going through. Just hang in there, and give yourselves time to grieve and be angry at the world for what has happened. All of our thoughts are with you. 
Quote 0 0
Pablo16
Omg that is an awful story. When they go unexpectedly it is the trauma that you suffer along with grief that is so painful. Pablo was only 18 months old. When I see people with their old dogs it just hurts. We were planning to move house and have a family and we couldn't wait to introduce him to it all. Now we are alone and our house is empty except for the memories of our little Pablo. Only a baby. Life is cruel
Pablo16
Quote 0 0
Suzyatwell
I am so sorry for your loss. I've not been on here in a few days but knowing that others are going through the same thing and reading the supportive words from people who care does help. Today is 1 month since we lost our girl, I have cried every single day for the past month. Our house isn't the same either - and the pain is the same. It was too soon, it was unfair and it's heartbreaking every single day. So many people on here say that their pet was "one in a million". I certainly feel that way - BUT, if there are so many "one in a millions"... my hope is that we'll be lucky enough to be blessed with another and we'll give her the same wonderful life as our baby girl who was taken way, way too soon. The pets who find their way into our hearts and our homes are the the most fortunate.  Please keep reading and writing and try to take care of each other.
Quote 0 0
Pablo16
Thank you for your reply Suzyatwell, it means a lot taking to people. Some friends have visited which does help and then others don't know what to say and stay away. I feel like people would have helped us more if he was a human, but they stood by watching us scream. People without dogs do not understand what it's like and he impact they have in your world. They change your life and how you interact with people- and then when that's gone it's like "wow what now". Such emptiness.
I told my dog walker and he was supposed to come today as scheduled and he wrote a beautiful email. He loved our little man and he is quite elderly. He said that he walks dogs because he can no longer have them due to so much heartbreak over the years. He said that losing them was worse than people sometimes because of the unconditional love they give you. It's so true- like all these one in a million dogs- they are simply gifts of life to us and I wonder if we deserve it because they are so special.
thank you again for your kind words
Pablo16
Quote 0 0