LucyT
This morning my beautiful dog Bizi was hit by a car and died instantly, she was on a lead and sitting down for the car to pass, but something spooked her and she darted out in front of the car. She was only 3, and we had adopted her from a shelter 6 months ago, but in those 6 months she gave us so much love and happiness. There are no words to describe how much I miss her and feel devastated that we can't give her the many more years of love that she deserved. Please hold on tight to your furbabies for Bizi's sake 12591972_10153327875311932_1788045655_o.jpg 
Quote 0 0
Sadiesmom061308
Lucy I am so sorry for your loss. Bizi was a beautiful girl. She knew you loved her. I don't know why these things happen. I had to put my dog Sadie down due to renal failure. She was 7 and a half. Know you are not alone. All of us here have lost our fur babies. Keep talking on the forum. Everyone is wonderful. Sending you hugs
Quote 0 0
LucyT
Thank you, I just want to cry and cry, she had not had a good life before coming to us, but you would not have known it, she was so sweet, affectionate and happy.  I was looking forward to loving her and making up for her previous life for many years to come.  It feels like she has been cheated out of the love that she deserved.
Quote 0 0
Sadiesmom061308
I am so sorry. It makes me so sad when they are so young and something tragic happens. It is an awful accident. You just have to know that you gave her the best 6 months of her life. Know she loves you. I know that you just want to cry and cry. My Sadie was put down feb. 18th. I cried the first week straight. Just when I think I might be alittle better a wave of grief hits me. I wish I had the magic answer. Wishing you some peace.
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
Hi LucyT,
I am so sorry about Bizi! That must have been so shocking to see. She looks so relaxed and happy in the picture. What a pretty girl! I think you also gave her much love and happiness in the 6 months that you had her. Despite this horrible, tragic accident she was happy and loved if even for a short time - thanks to you.
Thinking of you and wishing you peace.
MJ
Quote 0 0
bartlett
How sad to know that just when you were making her life happy that this terrible accident happened. I know you looked forward to giving her many more years of love and I'm so sorry you won't be able to do that. I volunteer at a shelter and know how much it means when someone rescues one of these hopeful,deserving babies and you have a loving heart to do that. My heart goes out to you. Maybe sometime in the future you can think about adopting again. There's so many out there looking for homes and someone to love them.
joan bartlett
Quote 0 0
LucyT
Hello

Thank you so much for your messages, I only just got the notifications as they were going to my spam folder.  It really does mean so much to hear from other dog lovers, even though we are all going through sadness and loss, that we can support each other and find some comfort.  I have started writing down everything I can remember about her so that I never forget her funny little ways.  It has been sad, but at the same time a little bit healing to think of all the ways she made me happy and showed her love.
Quote 0 0
Baumert81
Hello LucyT. I completely understand how your are feeling right now. I witnessed my little boy Hogan get hit by a car last Tuesday and I am still overcome with unbelievable grief and pain. Nothing prepares us for the sudden death of our fur babies. Hogan would have been 8 this year. I hate that I only had a short time with him, and even though I feel like I am dying inside I know that I loved him everyday and every minute we were together and if I could go back to that night I would hold him tight and never let him go. We just never know. Im sure your baby Bizi filled your life with as much love and companionship as my little baby Hogan did. Just be kind to yourself even thought its hard right now. Just know she is always by your side and always in your heart. She is no doubt in rainbow bridge running and playing with my sweet sweet boy. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Hogans Daddy
Quote 0 0
Chrissy
So sad.  Your love for the short time that you had with her, has given her the strength to go on and be happy in her final journey to rainbow bridge.  Take heart that you gave her all the love and attention during that time and the special times you spent together X.  Sending you healing thoughts.
Quote 0 0