boxermama
This morning my sweet boxer baby shelby passed to the rainbow bridge.Words cannot describe the devestation that I am feeling.I lirerally feel like I will never be the same again.Please tell me that it gets easier
Quote 0 0
GrievingHannah
I am so sorry for your loss, Shelby's mama.

To answer your question, I would just refer you to the quote below in bold blue.  I have found it to be so true after my Hannah died on February 3 (for a while, I was inconsolable and wanted to die).

You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Lee (Mack's and Hannah's and Heidi's and Janie's dad)

Fragile Circle

"We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached.
Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way.
We cherish memory as the only certain immortality,
never fully understanding the necessary plan."

Quote 0 0
Katel
Dear boxer mama, I'm so sorry on the loss of your sweet Shelby.  I do understand, there is no pain quite like it.    I've lost many little ones and for me in time I never stopped missing them and loving them but it does get easier.  You never ever forget them.  If you feel like it do come back and talk some more and tell us about your darling Shelby.  Sending you blessings for healing,
Kate
Quote 0 0
boxermama
She was totally a mamas girl and literally followed me everywhere.6 months ago they found a tumor on her heart and said wiithout chemo she would only have a couple of weeks.We went thru chemo and she was a champ did great. A few weeks ago she had a few fainting episodes which is common,but can end badly.They started her on a new med and she was fine.Early this morning she had another episode and didnt survive it.I was right there holding her the entire time which I am so thankful for.
Everyrhing I do is so hard.She literally followed me everywhere.So even little things like using the bathroom or taking a shower are dwvestating bc shes not waiting there.She has a boxer sister and they were sooo close so im trying to be strong for her.I also have a 7 month old son too,and I want to be normal for him too.I just feel like our perfect little family is broken and will never be the same
Quote 0 0
MattiesMom10
Dear Shelby's Momma,
I am so very sorry for your loss. I know the pain and empty feeling you have. I can not say it gets easier, but the quote in blue is so very true. We love our baby's and they always will hold our heart. I lost my girl on August 8th and I still have a hard time with the loss of her. I find comfort here on this forum and all the special people on here. Just a kind word and knowing someone else can take time from there pain just to let you know your not alone. Your girl is now your angel. I will keep you in my prayer to find strength and comfort during this most difficult time.
Thoughts and Prayers
God Bless
Hugs
Forever a paw print on my heart
MattiesMom10
Susan Turner
Quote 0 0
boxermama
Thank you so much.I am so sorry for all of your losses as well.I am not sure how to pull up the quote
Quote 0 0
MattiesMom10
Shelby's Mom

“The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not ‘get over’ the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will heal and you will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to.”

― Elizabeth Kubler-Ross and John Kessler

Hope it helps you.
Hugs to you

Susan Turner
Quote 0 0
Essbee
I lost my baby yesterday. My heart is broken. I hope you are able to heal. I hope I am too but I don't want to forget her. I don't want it to be real. Sending you love, wherever you are x
Quote 0 0
animal_qwackers
My thoughts are with you at this awful time in your life. The quote by Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, which Grieving Hannah posted, is so true. Recently, I lost two of my own babies and the grief is still raw. Over the past 14 years, I have lost six in all as well as my parents. I have learned to live with the earlier losses of four of my beloved cats but I still grieve them. I'm not whole at the moment due to my recent losses, but before tragedy struck me again this year, I was whole but I was never the same after the loss I suffered. I don't believe when loss strikes that anybody is the same, and it's so true that you don't want to be. I remember all my beautiful four-legged friends, their memories have stayed with me for years and will be with me until I take my last breath.

At the present time, your heart will feel shattered, your whole world will be crumbling down, and your life will feel as if it is in tatters despite the fact that you have to soldier on for your family and your other four-legged companion. Your life won't ever be the same, it can't be without your baby Shelby, but you will heal. We poor fragile humans, the ones left behind, have to carry on and bear the pain and torment. The grief and pain we feel is a testament to the love we felt for our babies. It is the price we pay as invariably our pets will pass over before us.

Over time, remember the joy and richness Shelby brought to your life. There will come a day when there will be less tears and more smiles. You will never forget your darling girl. Allow yourself to grieve and mourn her loss for as long as it takes and try to focus on the good times with her and the fact that she is now free from any distress and pain.

Everyone on here is on hand to help you out. They are a fantastic bunch of people and at times like these it's so comforting to know you are not alone.

Take care of yourself.

Wendy

“Death ends a life, not a relationship.” – Jack Lemmon

Solly, Gonzo, Daisy-Mae, Ebony, Jerry, Tigger, Bonnie, Suzy, Cleo, Spike, Sooty, and Tibby – dazzling lights that will never fade. Adored, cherished, I was privileged to know you all. Until we meet again, my beautiful babies. Bowls of love and cuddles, your ever-loving, devoted Mummy xxxxxxxxxx

Quote 0 0
boxermama
Thank you everyone so much.Today is day 3 and Im still in shock.I just still cant believe that she is not here.I figured the worst part has passed and things can only go up,but for right now I am just so depressed.I worry about her as well.I hope that she is ok without me.I hope and believe that she happy and playing at the rainbow bridge.
Quote 0 0