Jennahubbs
We lost our sweet Ollie a few hours ago. My husband and I adopted him from an awesome local shelter who took especially good care of him. He was a super playful, loving kitten when we first received him and slowly started slowing down. We assumed he maybe has worms so began treating that. After only 2 months of life with Ollie, we woke up this morning to find him unable to move, very pale, and barely breathing. When my alarm goes off in the morning, I always find him meowing on my side of the bed because I am the first to get out of bed. This morning he had somehow worked his way to my side to still greet me first thing. In a panic we rushed him to urgent care. Our sweet Ollie had FIP (feline infectious peritonitis). This is usually found with kittens carrying the virus feline enteric coronavirus which is usually harmless since they are just carries. When kittens have this, there is a 1 in 5,000 chance of the virus mutating into FIP. Our baby was that one chance.
It's crazy how fast he worked his way into our hearts. We know that he would have passed away with this virus anyways, so we were thankful that we had him for those two months to give him an adventurous, curious, and beautiful life instead of passing away in the shelter.
He was very loving and sweet. He was always right by our sides, sitting on our laps, and following us around the home. Never out of sight.
We don't know how to move forward. We keep looking at our feet to make sure we don't step on him, we keep waiting for him to greet us at the door. It feels like a nightmare that I'm going to wake up from and find my sweet kitty sitting by my bedside. We miss our baby Ollie.
We've never lost a pet of our own, so any advice helps.
Quote 0 0
BeachieGirl33
So sorry for your loss.  I know it is beyond hard and hurts more than anything.  My Little kitty went to the Rainbow Bridge 7 months ago and I'm still not over it and never will be.  He was 18 years old and had cancer.  Your Ollie might be gone physically but he is still with you in spirit and always will be.  We light a candle every night for Little - this might be something that would help you with your grief.  It also helps to write a journal to your baby with your thoughts and messages to him.  I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.  I hope you will be able to find some peace somewhere down this long road of grief.  And don't forget - Ollie will be waiting for you at Rainbow Bridge.

Hugs ...
Betty
Quote 0 0
Cynthia_H
Dear Jennahubbs:  

I am so, so sorry for you loss of sweet little Ollie.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.  

Last night I did a meditation which included visualizing my Mia (who I lost 3 weeks ago) and then placing that picture in my heart and feeling her and her love.  It was one of the more peaceful moments I have experienced since she became ill.

Take care, Cynthia.
Quote 0 0