Maddiemae
We lost our sweet Maddie Mae on Memorial Day. She was an 11 year old Treeing Walker Coonhound, but she was a house dog. She didn't hunt raccoon, she hunted the couch. Maddie had an auto immune infection that started around February, and it began in her eyes. Our vet helped us do everything we could to stop it, but it took over her whole body and she turned anemic and suddenly went into respiratory failure. Then she was gone. Just like that. Our hearts are broken,we love our Maddie like a child. Maddie had a unique personality and was just the best companion a family could ask for.

On Monday, as Maddie enjoyed her final moments in the sun, my daughter noticed something amazing - a straight un-arched rainbow that stretched between two clouds. She took a picture of it, and I would like to point out that it did not rain on Monday. Later a friend pointed out to me that the image above the rainbow looks like a running dog. I know in my heart this was our sweet Maddie being welcomed across the rainbow bridge. Silly maybe, but I don't know how else it could be explained. It helped ease the pain a tiny bit, thinking that Maddie was going on to a better place. I know that I just cant wait to see her sweet face and rub her big hound ears again.  maddie.jpg  rainbow.jpg
In memory of Sweet Maddie
Quote 0 0
Millie
I am sooo sorry for your loss... I see the dog in the picture... such a sweet tribute to her.. blessings for a healing heart...
Shari Ostrowski
Quote 0 0
ebbsmom
WOW - the picture of the rainbow and the dog is amazing.  My Ebby was diagnosed with an auto-immune condition that made her severely anemic.  She was diagnosed on Tuesday and left on Thursday.  During that time she had 3 blood transfusions, and several visits to my vet, the ER vet and a specialty clinic about 80 miles away.  I would have done anything I could to save her, but it went so fast.

Maddie is beautiful - I know she and Ebby are probably running around, playing.....we will see them again.
Love you to the moon and back....
Quote 0 0
Maddiemae
Thank you for the replies. It helps to talk about it.  I know she is better now and that leaves me with peace, but I miss her so bad. The house just feels wrong - empty I guess - without her there to greet us or follow us around. 
In memory of Sweet Maddie
Quote 0 0
MyBella
I am so sorry for the loss of your Maddie, what a beautiful photo of the rainbow and I do see the dog running in the clouds, can only be your sweet girl crossing over, such a beautiful tribute.
I hope your fond memories of Maddie will help ease your pain in time.
You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Sincerely, Don & Vera
Quote 0 0
judylinn
I am so sorry for your loss of sweet Maddie.....mine beloved dog was Maddie as well. I totally believe in signs and the rainbow is just a message of love for you. It is so hard to lose our little loves...the pain is so huge...Sending you blessings and love..Judylinn
Quote 0 0
Cameronheel
So very sorry for your loss of your beautiful friend Maddie.  She is a stunningly beautiful dog in your profile picture.  Thank you for the kind words on my thread about my dog Cinnamon.  It means a lot to me.
Quote 0 0