donnacarr
Today my heart is heavy with the loss of our sweet Haley Jo. She was wracked with seizures early Sunday morning and despite additional medication, they could not be controlled. We ended her suffering last night. As I lay with her earlier in the day, at the hospital, I was trying to decide what to do. So I asked her what I should do. She lifted her head, looked right in my eyes and put her paw on my arm, and I knew what she was asking. I love her so very much and I miss her something fierce. At the same time, I know it was right, as much as it hurts. I will go forward, but today is my day to grieve and remember her. I will going through pictures for my Memorial wall and for myself. She is, by far, the most incredible dog to come into my life. Pictures cannot give her the justice that is our SWEET HALEY JO.
Donna
Donnadogheart
Quote 0 0
Baumert81
What a beautiful old girl! Her eyes are so full of wisdom. My thoughts and prayers are with you today!
Hogans Daddy
Quote 0 0
donnacarr
Baumert81 wrote:
What a beautiful old girl! Her eyes are so full of wisdom. My thoughts and prayers are with you today!

Thank you . She was a very wise girl, You have no idea of your accuracy there. She is the only dog I know that was able to talk. I am sorry you have experienced a loss. They are so precious
Donnadogheart
Quote 0 0
Beaglemomma
I am so sorry you are feeling as you do.  I am having my own meltdown today so through tears I want you to know that I understand exactly what you are going trough.  I lost my Molly at Thanksgiving with a stroke and couldn't even comfort her she was so frantic, so maybe I can offer you some comfort.  Problems shared are supposed to be cut in half, so I hope it helps to know someone else is grieving too and understands where you are.

You gave your baby the greatest gift possible, freedom from pain and suffering by taking on her pain yourself.

Someone is always here to chat with you and offer support so don't hesitate to tell us how you feel.  Wishing you peace and comfort.
janice
Quote 0 0
donnacarr
Beaglemomma wrote:
I am so sorry you are feeling as you do.  I am having my own meltdown today so through tears I want you to know that I understand exactly what you are going trough.  I lost my Molly at Thanksgiving with a stroke and couldn't even comfort her she was so frantic, so maybe I can offer you some comfort.  Problems shared are supposed to be cut in half, so I hope it helps to know someone else is grieving too and understands where you are.

You gave your baby the greatest gift possible, freedom from pain and suffering by taking on her pain yourself.

Someone is always here to chat with you and offer support so don't hesitate to tell us how you feel.  Wishing you peace and comfort.

thank you. I am sorry for your loss of Molly. I agree that it is important to share and that is why I returned here to post. I've been here before and I know of the comfort that is offered by fellow pet lovers here. I send big hugs to you today, thank you for grieving with me.
Donnadogheart
Quote 0 0
NormaT
Haley Joe looks lovely.

It's so difficult to know what to do when faced with their suffering. I'm just glad that she was able to guide you and I sense you two had a very special relationship. 

Norma
Norma 
Quote 0 0
donnacarr
NormaT wrote:
Haley Joe looks lovely.

It's so difficult to know what to do when faced with their suffering. I'm just glad that she was able to guide you and I sense you two had a very special relationship. 

Norma

We did have a special relationship. I'm glad she helped me make the decision. I knew she would tell me somehow if I asked her. It was undeniable what she asked and I certainly owed her that relief and love.
Donnadogheart
Quote 0 0
Sadiesmom061308
Donna,
Haley Jo is beautiful. She did give you a sign. You honored her wish. She is at peace free from disease and pain.
Sending You hugs
Tammy
Quote 0 0
donnacarr
Sadiesmom061308 wrote:
Donna, Haley Jo is beautiful. She did give you a sign. You honored her wish. She is at peace free from disease and pain. Sending You hugs Tammy

thank you Tammy, hugs to you too
Donnadogheart
Quote 0 0