lsavage62
My sweet Emmy was hit by a car a few hours ago and died.  She was solid gray with big yellow eyes and loved me so fiercely.  I got her when she was so tiny and fragile and watched her grow to the most graceful beauty I've ever known.  She was my little McDonald's french fry thief and would've made the best commercial for their fries.  I cannot believe that, just like that, she isn't here anymore.  I wasn't with her when she got hit, she was just lying in the middle of the road.  I feel so bad I wasn't here for her, I am just numb.  I wish this was just a dream.  Can somebody wake me up?
Lori Savage
Quote 0 0
ppowell
I am so very sorry, that is just awful! I hope you were able to retrieve her and get her out of the street. I lost my baby girl on MLK day to heart disease. This place, everyone "gets it" here,everyone here knows what kind of pain you are in and you WILL NOT hear stuff like "it was just a cat..." At this point in time, just take is an hour at a time. Time will not heal you, but it will help you cope better. RIP Emmy.....
Patricia P.
Quote 0 0
Beesmom123
Lori,
I am so sorry for your loss
What a beautiful girl!
I can understand your sense of shock and disbelief, we love them so much it is hard to comprehend they are no longer with us
And this just happened to you.. It took me several weeks before I could even post a message here after my boy died.
The night it happened I was barely functional and couldn't have written a coherent thought

You did the right thing in reaching out for support, give yourself time to grieve and be kind to yourself

Take care
Diana

Bee- "Good night sweet prince & flights of angels see thee to thy rest"
Quote 0 0
tramseyer
I am so sorry to read this, Lori. 

Your baby girl is beautiful, and shares her name with my Grandma. I would like to have watched her steal a french fry; she sounds so cute. 

I wish I could bring her back for you. The others are right, it will take time. Don't let anyone tell you how and/or when to grieve. You will be able, someday, to remember the good times with her and smile. 

I'll be thinking of you. 
Theresa 
Quote 0 0
Fluffy
I am so very sorry Lori. She was absolutely beautiful. I am so so sorry for you.
Quote 0 0
CarerQuie
I am so sorry to hear what happened to Emmy. She was a real beauty. x
Quote 0 0