SweetCoco
Thank you for that brief moment of joy that you have given me. Today, I was woken up by one single bark of yours. It was so real and clear. It wasn’t a sad or distressed bark. It was the kind the you did to get my attention. You have my attention. I am ready for more. I am cherishing this moment and hoping that it will be one of many.

Anxiously awaiting my Sweet Coco.
Quote 0 0
NeonCat
I'm so happy this happened for you!
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Dear Marisela (SweetCoco),

I am very sorry to learn of your recent loss of your beloved Coco. But I am glad that you are experiencing "signs."

I researched and studied them extensively for many months after my  boy departed (a cat named "Marmalade") and also experienced them firsthand. They are not as frequent as they were for me, but every now and then I will experience a sign. They are very random and can be very subtle.

What is interesting is when a human being passes away people do not report hearing a human voice afterwards saying a word or two. It predominately happens only with pets for some odd reason.

Some believe that the afterlife is in fact like another dimension. So a pet can not reach us easily. And I do think that if those who have departed could easily reach us? Far too many people would immediately end their own lives to reunite with those they have lost. So there is a buffer between us and those that we have lost. There appears to be rules we do not know about, nor can easily understand.

I also believe that at times pets are concerned to communicate with us via signs, as they are afraid they may be hurting us if they do, as they can sense our profound sense of grief, sadness and depression and they can not easily comfort us like they used to. I experienced this once in a very profound way with my own cat Marmalade, and shared that story on this forum. I felt he was direct contact with me and then as I broke down the connection slowly vanished.

I hope you continue to travel through time and heal and experience more signs from your beloved. 

My kindest regards & most sincere condolences,
James
Quote 0 0
FClaire
Hi I have not been on here for a while as I have been trying to come to terms with the loss of my beautiful Ollie nearly 7 months ago in my own way. However I felt I needed to reply when I read your post on hearing your sweet coco bark. Just after we lost Ollie I was lying in bed one evening, not fully asleep. And suddenly I heard Ollie's bark, like you it was just the one bark. I knew it was him because it was his bark when he also wanted my attention. I have to say, I practically froze, as I couldn't believe it! I felt very strange afterwards. I have since started to doubt myself, but reading that you had the same experience has really reassured me that I wasn't crazy! and I did hear him. I am so pleased for you and I hope it has brought you some comfort in knowing Your little one is happy and will always be with you xxx
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Hi FC,

Welcome back. I have also been taking a break to try and heal up. Good to see you again. I hope you are doing a bit better.

I do think it is real what we experience. We don't hear humans say one word after they pass like "Hello." and then it stops. But with dogs and cats we do. A single bark or two. A single meow or two and then nothing.

I've read many case examples of this occuring. It is very, very common.

Marmalade was not a meower per say as he was near completely deaf. But what I heard WAS his meow. It was very distinct. It was so loud a few times I bolted up in my sleep!

With me it will be one distinct meow. Just out of nowhere. At times it will be very late at night or in very early morning hoursd before sunrise. But I have and do hear it. Not as much, but it does still occurs.

: )

Kind regards,
James
Quote 0 0
SweetCoco
FC and James,

First of all, I’m sorry for your losses.

Thank you soooo much for sharing with me your experiences. It makes me feel hopeful that I will be able to somehow feel my little one’s energy again. Until I read your messages, I was doubtful and began wondering if I had made it up. James, I want to read more about these communications. Any recommendations?

I do have to share another story, though.

My sweet Coco passed away on February 19. On February 21, I noticed a bird nesting in the most unusual place. I have a small balcony with a very exposed plant hanging from the rail and there was the bird, on the dirt in the basket! I thought it was a pigeon, but upon further investigation, I discovered that it is a mourning dove. The symbolism of that was just overwhelming. I read that they “represent peace, soothe and quiet our troubled thoughts, enabling us to find renewal, and give us optimism with their spirituality.” I have a male a female and two eggs!!

I don’t think that this is a coincidence. Do you?
Quote 0 0
SweetCoco
Take a look
Quote 0 0
FClaire
How beautiful , not a coincidence at all!
Thankyou James. Its been a long painful road, but I found once I reached the 6 month's point I started to see a glimmer of light again. I still have a little cry every day for my Ollie. The deep sadness is there, but I expect that always will be along with the pain, we just learn to live with it I think. I hope you are continuing to do well also xx
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Dear Marisela (SweetCoco),

If you read my and Marmalades story, you will have read how he completely altered my view on faith and God. I had been an atheist or agnostic for the better part of 50 years prior to encountering Marmalade. 

There is a great deal of information on Google search and even books on the subject of being communicated with our pets who have passed on. I am a researcher as part of my trade and really began looking into the subject as I was in such major distress. I pasted and cut info and archived it on my computer and an email account. But it was in snippets. So I'm not sure if it would easily read in a cohesive manner. But..if you search, you will easily find info as I did. I link some below however.

There are also numerous posts on this forum about being "visited" if you are curious to read of other members experiences.

Evidently it is quite often very, very subtle and missed. Involving Birds, butterfly's, coins, feathers and barks, meows in the dark, feeling a pet walking over you when in bed on top of the covers, catching something from the corner of your eye, hearing their paws or nails walking on the floor, hearing their collars jingle, being sent a friend (such as another pet), your pet whispering into the ear of another pet or a stray etc. to do something specific for you, feeling a sense of warmth in your heart. An energy etc. and of course being visited in dreams.

The strange thing is when humans pass none of these signs appear to come about. It is quite different.

Here are some links: 

https://www.amandalinettemeder.com/blog/10-signs-your-pet-is-visiting-you-from-the-afterlife

https://www.beliefnet.com/love-family/pets/5-ways-our-departed-pets-communicate-with-us.aspx

https://www.learnreligions.com/afterlife-signs-and-messages-from-animals-124096

https://animalcommunicating.com/signs-from-your-departed-pets/

https://www.post-gazette.com/life/lifestyle/2010/01/13/Pet-owners-say-they-feel-presence-of-their-deceased-furry-friends/stories/201001130224

Kind regards,
James

Quote 1 0
NeonCat
The stories of the messages you've received from your babies makes me hopeful. Both of my kitties passed this month. The grief has been overwhelming. I have prayed for signs from Ziggy and Josie, and particularly a sign that Josie will forgive me. Right after Josie passed, I dreamed of her sitting in one of spots she used to enjoy. She was just sitting; not "luxuriating" in the sun like she would have done in life. In the dream, my spirt body tried to reach her, but was unable. It was a disturbing dream - not comforting at all. Your experiences have encouraged me, however, to keep looking for positive signs. James, reading your posts about Marmalade are both heartbreaking and heartwarming. The story of the woman who felt led to help you is truly touching. As a fellow chronic migraine sufferer, I cannot even imagine what you went through. Thank you all for sharing your stories and experiences.
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Dear Neon Cat,

Thank you for your kind and gracious words and for reading Marmalade and my story of our adventure on the road together. As I wrote he truly kept me going and helped me to stay alive. He never, ever gave up on me and was loving and true. 

You wrote: She was just sitting; not "luxuriating" in the sun like she would have done in life. In the dream, my spirt body tried to reach her, but was unable.

Yes, this would be the other dimension I mentioned in a previous comment. We may not be able to "reach" them as they are no longer present in this World.

I've found that visitation dreams can be disturbing too and even surreal. But I think they are still signs of being contacted. It appears at times they may become garbled in communication IMO. Like a long distance phone call and signal inteference. As if we are being communicated by our pet from another dimension in time & space. I realize this sounds far fetched, but think about it..if someone from the late 1800's could visit us today and saw a computer for example, or a car, or an airplane or television they would pass out. 

As we know we live in a mysterious, vast, infinite Universe where anything is possible. There is so, so much we do not know and understand still.

The "signs" can be as subtle as a breeze I have found. As I mentioned at times I do believe our lost loved ones are very concerned to sadden us by their visiting us, as they were used to cheering us up with their presence in our lives. But if they visit us and we are still sad and grieving? they do not know how to understand that, so they may stay away. I experienced that first hand with a visitation once. A very, very strong and defined experience, but as I began to weap and breakdown it dissipated and ended. I could feel that happen.

I hope you continue on your journey of healing and wish you... 

My kindest regards,
James
Quote 0 0
NeonCat
Thank you, James, for taking the time to write to me. I don't want to "hijack" SweetCoco's post, but do want to let you know that what you've said helps and I appreciate it so much. Without looking back at your original posts, I can't recall your profession; however, I remember you work(ed) in film or ?? You have a special expressiveness in your writing! Thanks again,
-Karen, mom to angel kitties Ziggy and Josie
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Hi NeonCat, 

I'm sure SweetCoco won't mind your chatting. It is a comment thread too afterall. I've found these threads kind of become organic, where people chime in, ask questions, comment, communicate and then the thread returns to celebrating the pet it was originally based upon. It's all relative. 

Yes, I have worked in the entertainment industry for many years and been a writer for sometime. Research comes in due to the writing. Thank you for your kind response and I wish you wellness and healing.

All best,
James
Quote 0 0
codysmum102
I've been reading about people having dreams of their babies and seeing other signs.  My Cody passed 7 weeks and 4 days ago today.  I didn't experience anything until last night.  I was thinking, as I read other people's experiences, that I didn't really want to dream about Cody because it would be too sad when I woke up.  Last night I had a dream that I was looking for Cody and couldn't find him.  I was going through a large house and looking behind cabinets and a dishwasher when all of a sudden I looked up and he was running toward me like he used to with his smiling face, happy and excited to see me.  When I saw him my heart filled with joy and I yelled "bobbies" which was my nickname for him.  He was just about to jump up and I was about to hold him when I woke up.  I immediately started sobbing because he wasn't really here with me and I wanted to pick him up and hold him so much.  After I calmed down I thought maybe that was his way of trying to show me that he's O.K. and someday he will come running up to me again and I will really be able to hold him.  I hope it's true.  Many people  here on the forum believe that it is true and we will be reunited again.  I so want to believe that.  I do believe there is a heaven but I'm not sure what it will be like.  I pray every night to my mom and dad who passed to watch over Cody until I can get there and that I will be able to see them all again.  I miss him so very much.  He was my rock, my baby, my love and my best friend.  He got me through so many hard times and now that he's gone this is the hardest time of all and he isn't here.  Sorry to rattle on.  I saw your posts about communication and I felt the need to write about my dream.
Thanks for reading,
Julie
Julie 💔
"Grief only exists where love lived first."
--Franchesca Cox
Quote 0 0