Forum

Author   Comment  
leap

Reply with quote  #1 
When I found out you were sick, I prayed and prayed and prayed.   I cried and just looked forward to celebrating your 3rd birthday.  I knew that we would make it.  And we did, but only 10 days after, you had to leave us. 

Thank you for holding on as long as you could.  Thanks for loving me, making me smile and all the endless amounts of kisses. 

You were the silliest, but so sweet.  All you ever asked for in return was belly rubs and kisses.  I miss you.  I cry and cry and I cant stop.  I dreamt that you came back last night.  You came back.  Then I woke up and you arent here anymore.  So I'm crying.. and I can't stop.  I miss you so much.  I love you so much.

Thanks for being my little brother, the silliest cutest little guy I could have ever had.

I love you.

nalasmom

Reply with quote  #2 
I am sorry for your loss.  I lost my best friend last week and it still hurts, but each day just a little more bearable.  I can't look at pictures yet, but I can sit in our favorite spots and feel her presence and know she is back to the dog she was before becoming ill. 

We're all here for you and praying that you find peace in knowing your little guy is with all of our friends at the Rainbow Bridge awaiting our arrival at the right time.
leap

Reply with quote  #3 
Thank you so much.. I'm really at a loss right now.. I know it hasnt been a full day yet, but i'm sooo broken... I can't stop crying and thinking back to memories of him...good memories that make me think hes still gonna come back... but then i snap out of them and remember that that is never going to happen and I cry... and I just can't stop... 

I want to be so strong like you but I don't know if I can do this... I can't see this ever getting easier... Hes taken such a big piece of me with him...

Casey

Reply with quote  #4 
Leap I am sorry for your loss. I know how bad it hurts now as I was in the same shape a few short days ago when we lost our husky of 14 years.
I was fortunate to find this place and was able to talk about my feelings and get feedback from the people in the forum and chat. I still miss my Skedio very bad, but at least I have been able to let go of my feelings of guilt and betrayal that I felt initially.
I hope you can find some strength and peace here by talking and writing about your loss. It allows you to remember the good things while allowing others to relate to your loss and let you know you aren't alone in your feelings.
nalasmom

Reply with quote  #5 
Leap, I know the pain feels unbearable.  It is inconceivable at times to think about how to get through the day when you have lost your best friend and soul mate.  I felt the same way when I lost Nala.  I didn't find this site for 5 days and felt lost.  I didn't think anyone knew the pain I was going through. 
Then I started to connect with people who shared my grief.  I heard from my vet and how much it hurt her to see Nala decline and how much she missed her.  I saw on this site how much people grieved over their own losses and I knew I wasn't alone.  I don't know exactly how you feel because only you know what you have lost, but I do know that each min, each hour, each day is time that is healing.  I still can't go through a day without a tear.  But my tears are more bearable and more about remembering happy times than about sadness.

Allow yourself to think of the happiness your little guy is feeling no longer bound by illness.  Allow yourself the joy to know that you made him happy while you were together.
Cindy

Reply with quote  #6 

I am so sorry for your loss.  Give yourself time.  It will get better soon.  Just be patient with yourself.

leap

Reply with quote  #7 
Thank you, all of you once again.. .Its been 3 days now... and like you mentioned nalasmom, I'll tear up many times and cry... I'm in school so not being home helps but its so draining, we're going through pictures of him and I'm sooo sad that we didn't take more....

Hardest part is sushi was my moms dog, (I loved him just as much as I moved back home this year) and my mom is sooo heartbroken as well...and it sucks becasue there is absolutely nothing I can do to make it better... and that alone hurts me too...

I just feel like if we had gotten him to the hospital faster he would for sure still be with us today... and I think thats what hurts the most... my mom feels the same way.. he could have been saved..

Cindy

Reply with quote  #8 
Do not second guess your actions.  It is unproductive.  It was his time.  Don't beat up on yourself.  I willl get better one day.  It may take time.  Take all the time you and your mother need.  It has be over 35 years since my first dog-Taffy was put to sleep; and I still tear up for her  passing.  However, we now think of her warmly and know that she is in peace and not in any pain.  Crying is a way of healing.  I am sorry for your loss.  It will get better one day-soon.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.