rnrjunky
i lost my sweet girl SUMMER,early thursday morning.it kills me that i got home from work and found her in her doggie bed,gone..she passed sometime while i was at work.i am so devastated,we had her for 12 years..she was the bestest girl,i just don’t know how to cope with this heartache..
Quote 0 0
anang
mrjunky, 

My heart and condolences go out to you for the loss of your precious SUMMER. There is nothing that I can say that will make it OK. Grief is a horrible process that everyone on this forum is experiencing. But I want you to know what a beautiful gift you gave your girl for 12 years, a pain/abuse free life filled with love, peace, happiness, comfort and joy! Most doggies don't live as long as your sweetie pie, and although I know that is no comfort right now, I hope that in the long run you will look back on the amazing 12 year run that you shared together. I am not trying to minimize your loss in any way, shape or form, but I know that many of the members here have had traumatic experiences bringing their furry loved ones to the vet to be euthanized. Your angel passed away in the comfort of her home, surrounded by everything that made her comfortable.
I know that it doesn't take any of the pain away, but please know that you have friends here.

Love and regards,
Katie
K. Unger
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Dear Gabriel,

I also offer you my sincerest and heartfelt condolences for your recent loss of Summer. I am relieved that Summer passed at your home, which she no doubt truly felt a part of, that she most likely passed in her sleep, and that you provided her with so many happy years together. 

Thank you for providing her with a home when you did all those years ago and for showing her such love, adoration, affection, safety and comfort, which are all obvious in the caring tone of your message. All dogs should be so blessed and fortunate. I am also glad that Summer gave you back so much in return.

May God continue to bless and keep you during these difficult times. Please know that you are not alone, all of us here on the forum are with you in comradeship and your Summer is with you in spirit. Always...

James
Quote 0 0
rnrjunky
thank you for the kind words,this is so hard for me to deal with,i just miss her so much...i can see the spot i buried her and i tear up,i still talk in that direction,as if she can hear me...she loved when i said ..who’s a good doggie..she would get so excited..i miss my sweet summer girl
Quote 0 0
rnrjunky
another day goes by..and it doesn’t get any better...i miss my sweet girl SUMMER 9/29/19💔
Quote 0 0
Jasmines_Mom
I'm sorry for the loss of your baby Summer.  You obviously love her very much and I'm sure she knew that.  Just hold on to that.  People keep telling me it will get better and I'm sure one day it will but I'm not there yet either.  I've read that it's important to allow yourself to feel the feelings and experience the grief...and not just try to push it down or ignore it.  If we don't work through it now it will be harder on us in the long run.  Be kind to yourself and know that you're not alone.  
I miss you every minute of every day, my sweet baby Jasmine.
Quote 0 0