Erayrn
My Riley was an escape artist. A healthy active beautiful 9 yo Boston terrier who loved the chance to take himself for a walk. We took every measure to keep him safe but he would still occasionally get out mostly due to negligent gardeners. Today very suddenly my husband found him unresponsive. We rushed him to the vet and then to an emergency center. His liver failed, he was bleeding internally. He was fine just a few hours before. There was nothing they could do and he was gone and there is no reason why. There is nothing we can find that caused this. No snake bite, no poison, no plants. I am in shock, heart broken and confused.
Quote 0 0
Jody
Oh Eileen...I am so sorry for your loss. I know what you are feeling. I know exactly. My baby golden, Tony, died suddenly on me 8 weeks ago. He was 6 weeks from 7yrs old. He was fine. Nothing was wrong. The Sunday before he passed he was just a little more tired than usual. But nothing for me to go crazy about. He still took his bedtime treat and went to bed. No crying. No signs of pain. No nausea/vomiting/diarrhea. Just nothing. Then at 610am Monday morning he was limp. I picked his head up and he looked at me and died. That's it. I know what you are going through and how hard this will be. I want you to know that this site is saving me. There are some amazing people on here that know what you are going through. We are all here for you. With my deepest condolences at this diffucult time in your life...
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
I am so very sorry for your loss of Riley.  To lose him so suddenly is absolutely heartbreaking for you, especially as he seemed okay just hours before. All I can say is the first days/weeks are so painful, and just like Jody, this site was my saviour when we lost our dog 9 months ago.  Everyone here completely understands your grief, and will be here for you.  Once again, condolences to you.  Take care.

Hugs, Jackie
J Taylor
Quote 0 0
Victoria76
Sending you huge love X I know x
Quote 0 0