MommaToJosie
So thankful I have someplace to post about this.
It’s with a heavy and sick heart I have to report that our sweet Josie was attacked and killed by a neighbors dog this evening. My husband did everything he could to try and pry her out of the jaws of the 100lb dog that ran into the road and literally crushed her to death. Thankfully, my family wasn’t injured and neither was our other dog, Lilah.
We are absolutely devastated.
Please pray for us. The thought of never holding her again is almost too much to bear.
She turned 1 in May. 😞
Quote 0 0
camunki
I am so sorry about your sweet Josie.

As your baby was only one year old, which is so young and for this to happen in such a tragic way, I cannot even imagine the feelings you are going thru.

Please keep talking about your Josie as she loves you and in life sometimes bad things do happen when we least expect it. Know your baby Josie is your guardian angel, still with you still loving you.

I am saying so many prayers for you and your family and glad your family and Lilah was not hurt during this incident.

((((Many hugs)))))

Cam

Quote 0 0
Ginger4256
Oh, I am so sorry.  This is just horrible.  Please take care and keep returning to the forum for support.   Heart.png 
Boo' s mommy
Quote 0 0
MommaToJosie
Thank you so much. Our Subdivision is small- 60 homes/2 streets. We’ve been here for 18 years and nothing like this has ever happened on our street. We felt completely safe here and my husband walks the dogs with our 12 year old daughter every night- rain or shine. We are just numb.
Quote 0 0
My_BUDI_Heart1XXX
Momma to Josie

I am so very very sorry for your sudden and horrendous loss.

Josie was absolutely beautiful! (She has the same name as my mother)

A loss so tragic and sudden will take a long time to process. 

You have my deepest and most heartfelt sympathy. I am so sorry.

I pray for your recovery, as a family, and for your peace of heart and mind. 

Baby Josie was, and is now, an Angel, for sure.

So so sad and tragic :-(

Prayers, Peace and Strength xx

Quote 0 0
Sil
MommaToJosie,

My heart breaks, have no words to express how I feel about your tragic sudden loss.  It is traumatic enough to loss a beloved pet due to an illness, but ….this just breaks my heart.  As pet owners, we need to be - Responsible owners, keep our pets on a leash, secure gates/fences, so awful things like this DO NOT happen.  I am sorry, but things like these make  mad - which, does not help you with your grief (sorry, if I am overstepping forum guidelines).  You and your family will be in my prayers.
Quote 0 0
TeeGirl
I am so very sorry for your loss.  I experienced the same type of incident in April of this year.  Both of my fur babies were attacked by a pit bull as I was walking them down the street.  I know your pain all too well.  Although I can say time will help you heal, I would suggest that you: 1. Don't blame yourself - don't rack your brain with "what ifs"  2.  Don't allow yourself to dwell on the incident.  Find a "happy place" to take your thoughts when images invade. 3.  Know that she loved you and you made her life happy while she was with you. 4.  Find someone to talk to who understands what you are going through.

Someone told me that we are gifted our fur babies for only a short period of time which is unbeknownst to us.  Be happy with the time you spent with her.  Again, I am sorry for your loss.

I am so sorry for your loss. A similar thing happened to my maltese Baxter last wednesday, except it was my new rescue dog that attacked him. We found him.when we got home and it was devastating. Our newest rescue had to be put down due to the severity of Baxters injuries. It is truly devastating and I know exactly how you feel.I read a book over tbe weekend by Jon Katz called "Going Home". You should read it. Its wonderful. Once again, so verry sorry!
Quote 0 0
JennyTeddy
Dear Mama to Josie,

How horrible! My heart broke reading your story. I can't even begin to express how my heart aches for you. 💔 I’m so deeply sorry for the loss of your baby Josie. 💔Sending you many hugs and love. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. My heart goes out to you, your family and your baby Josie. She’s beautiful.
If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Quote 0 0