TyTy
Couldn't find one of my three cats on Thursday anywhere in the house. Her name is TyTy. I looked everywhere but to no luck. She was 15 y/o and from what I recall, cats go into hiding when their time is upon them. We found her in a secluded place passed away. This was my first encounter finding a loved one passed away. I absolutely lost it. Had to call my son to come and retrieve TyTy and take her to the vet to be cremated. It took my son an hour to show up so I just laid next to TyTy stroking her and balling like an infant. I know we all say it but she was the best. The unconditional love that she gave me over these 15 years was second to none.
In the last 9 months, I've lost a mother, father in law, aunt and a uncle. I cried hardiest for TyTy.
I'm not going to try to figure out why I cried the hardest for TyTy but maybe it's because she was with me morning, noon and night and just liked to be petted. Family is family and I didn't interact with them on a daily basis as I would with TyTy. it is what it is. I am starting to come out of the haze a bit. She will always be in my heart and I can't wait to see her at the Rainbow Bridge.
Mike
Quote 0 0
Jenniferhiggs1221
TyTy..very sorry for the sudden loss of your sweet TyTy..the fact that it was so unexpected and sudden makes it so much harder im sure..they are our family just as much as our human family..and our best friends and soulmates..its been a hard to believe but 6 weeks this wednesday since i had to say goodbye to my sweet orange tabby Reeses..i miss him everyday and will never be whole again..he was just such a huge part of my life like your TyTy was and its a hole in your heart that can never be filled..somedays are a little better than others dealing with the loss but i truly believe he is on the other side waiting for me and his spirit is still around because i do get signs from him still and hope you find comfort in your time of grieving knowing that your TyTy is also still around you and waiting for the day you will be together again
Quote 0 0
pannklaus
I am very sorry about the sudden loss of your special TyTy.  You have identified one of the reasons why we have so much pain when we lose a precious fur baby which feels greater than losing human people.  Our fur babies are with us 24 hours a day and we have a routine built around them.  When they are no longer there, there are constant reminders throughout the day that they are no longer with us. The grief gets triggered over and over by these painful reminders.  

I believe that TyTy is with my precious cat Lenny at the Rainbow Bridge and we will see all of our babies again someday.
Patsy
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Dear Mike (TyTy),

I too am very sorry to learn of your loss of your beloved. I am glad that you found your TyTy. Please know that you are not alone in your grief and sorrow. 

I cried more for the loss of my cat than for human any family member, relative or friend. I think that is because the love we receive from our pets is as they say "unconditional", and actually of a purer form than what we receive from human beings. As our beloved pets don't judge us, use us (dishonestly), insult us, lie to us, or betray us, and they show us such ongoing devotion, loyalty and love, day after day, week after week, month after month, and year after year, IF we are fortunate and blessed enough to know and experience them for that long.

I am happy that you got to experience the above with your TyTy for 15 years. : ** )

Kind regards & my sincerest condolences,
James
Quote 0 0
Jcunnane
Dear Mike,

I'm so sorry for the lost of your TyTy. We here know how hard it is to lose one our babies, our children so to speak. It's such a difficult process of grief that we go through but like you said it's because of the huge amount of unconditional love they give us 24/7. They don't ask much of us, don't judge us, just love us. 

I took lost my sweet ginger tabby, Bubby, 5 weeks ago this coming Thursday to renal failure. He would have been 10 on July 28th. I actually called him TyTy a lot! He reminded me so much of a tiger. Like you said, I have lost people in my life including my estranged father when I was 18 in 2001 to cancer. I cried more for Bubby then I did my own father. Like you said, cried like an infant. Even other family members were shocked that I was more upset "for a cat" then my dad. He was much more then a cat like your beloved TyTy.

Like Jennifer said and also many others, I too think they were waiting for us at Rainbow Bridge so we can be together again in perfect health and happiness. I can't wait for the day to wrap my arms around my big ball of orange love. He was my rock. 

I hope you find comfort here as I have. I have made many new friends that have helped me so much through this difficult process. They've even had me laughing in some of the darkest days. We're here for you whenever you need us. To listen, to talk, to lend a virtual shoulder to cry on. Just know you're not alone. 

Sending you hugs,
Jackie

Bubby's (Milo) Mommy - Always & Forever My Little Man 💜

Quote 0 0
TyTy
Thank you all for those word of encouragement. I come home after work only to be expecting TyTy to be there to greet me, but it's not happening. What does happen is that my other 2 cats are there greeting me and are just as happy as a child in a candy store to see me and enjoy my company.
I can't lose focus that I have 2 other lives that I'm responsible for. They both know that something is up so I'm giving them extra special attention. I also won't allow myself to compare my 2 remaining cats to my departed TyTy. Every animal is unique and has special qualities. Yes, TyTy was my favorite which is understandable. She was always the underdog and was picked on by my other 2 cats (a mom and a daughter). I guess she was a loner to speak of except when I was around. What no one can take from me is my everlasting memories of her. I still tear up from time to time but this are most definitely tears of happiness. I can honestly say that I'm a better person because of TyTy being a big part of my adult life. God bless everyone. Mike
Mike
Quote 0 0