Forum

Author   Comment   Page 6 of 6     «   Prev   3   4   5   6
Shanamylove

Reply with quote  #76 
Mybeautifulboy, first off let me say how sorry I am for the loss of Bosco. It seems like every time I meet someone new here that seems to be the dreadful introduction. Yes November 29, 2018 is a day I will forever hate. I had no idea those plug ins could cause so many health problems in dogs. It makes me wonder if Shana's supposed heart attack was caused by them. I had inquired about a necropsy but they told me that even with a necropsy sometimes the exact cause of death may not be known. I wish I had known about the plug ins at the time of her death for I surely would have had it performed. I have gotten better in dealing with her passing. I try to keep as much as possible. But I must admit that I can so relate to you when you say at this time last year she was alive and so on and so forth regarding the counting down of time. We have little Chip left and I truly love him but Shana was my girl. She was my shadow, my roommate, my friend, my love, my everything. I remember sleeping all the way on the edge of the bed just so that she could spread out and be comfortable. I remember thinking wait a minute, whose the human?? How I wish I could have those times with her.

Reply with quote  #77 
155, what did he mean by "the environment"? On another note, I'm so glad that we have this forum to express our love, loss and grief for our beloved pets. I'm so grateful that there is no hate here, with so much hate going on today and finally I'm extremely grateful for the support and understanding only we can offer each other. Our families and friends try to be supportive but unless you have been through this devastating loss, one cannot imagine what it is truly like. As a co worker put it to me, losing a pet is like losing a human.

Reply with quote  #78 
Hi everyone carol etc.

I too have not been on here as frequently.  I put my sweet yorkie Napoleon down on December 14th which is now  59 days ago and the overwhelming grief truly does get better   - it will never go away but it is not as "numbing" as it was. So for all you "newbies" HANG IN THERE (esp itcannotbetrue)  and count all your other blessings - all we can do   😉 

Reply with quote  #79 
Shanamylove I'm not sure what he meant. He just shook his head and said it in a question form. ' the environment'? I think he meant the pollution in the air or something. Something that there's no control of . I've read where losing a pet can have a far worse effect on a person than losing a human. It may sound bad to say, but personally I felt nothing near as close as the devastation I feel at Henry's passing then I did with close family members.
elliemae

Reply with quote  #80 
TODAY VALENTINES DAY IS A VERY TOUGH DAY FOR ME - ANOTHER "first".  My Napoleon would have been 13 today (a "teenager" in human years).  it has been 2 months to the day since i last saw him.

Reply with quote  #81 
The ' firsts' are extremely hard to go through aren't they. I'm sorry.
Shanamylove

Reply with quote  #82 
Elliemae, 155
I'm so sorry this day brings you so much pain. Try to focus on the good times you had with Napoleon. I on the other hand have been doing everything possible not to think of Shana because it is too painful. One day at a time for all of us. Let's try to have the best day we can knowing that our beloved pets would want that for us.

Reply with quote  #83 
Sorry to say I am NOT having a "better" day today (i never have "good" days since Napoleon died on 12-14-18 a date that for me I will ALWAYS remember).  Today has been very bad for some reason I miss him terribly even though I have his partner in crime Elliemae its just not the same without him.  Dear God, will this ever end?

Reply with quote  #84 
Elizabeth, I was asking myself the same thing this morning. It has been three months now, and I wonder if I will ever be happy again. I pray every night that this terrible sadness will end. I always seem to be a the verge of tears.

My condolences on your loss and you are in my thoughts.

Mendy
Shanamylove

Reply with quote  #85 
Elliemae, Mybeautifulboy
I'm sorry you're having a hard time. I can tell you it does and it will get just a bit easier. There is no set time time for grief to subside. I still have my down days but I just try to keep busy to not give into the pain. Watching my little dog Chip is more heartbreaking for me. It so obvious how much he misses her and still mopes around the house. I just try to show him more love but obviously I cannot replace her. Please try to be strong. They are always with us in spirit.

Reply with quote  #86 
thank you for your kind words millie.

Better today.  And yes they are always with us in spirit.  I think yesterday was tough cos we had snow here he had low thyroid so he loved the snow/cold, hated the heat.  More snow coming in tonight so tomorrow may be tough but at least (I think) I know why.

Reply with quote  #87 
Elizabeth, I was asking myself the same thing this morning. It has been three months now, and I wonder if I will ever be happy again. I pray every night that this terrible sadness will end. I always seem to be a the verge of tears.

My condolences on your loss and you are in my thoughts.

Mendy

Mendy I feel the exact same way.  So you are not alone trust me....we will get through this WE HAVE TO

Reply with quote  #88 
Elliemae
It's funny that you mention snow. Here in New York we woke up to some snow. As I was watching Chip run in the snow I saw the imprint of his little paws in the snow and it dawned on me that I will never see the imprint of my beloved Shana's paws in the snow again. It made me so sad to see the return of the small paws up the steps and not hers. I was also looking through my iPad and looking through some old photos of them. It also dawned on me that I will never see her running around my big backyard anymore. The backyard must seem so big now because Chip is so small. Just another tidbit to add to the sadness.

Reply with quote  #89 
Hi Millie, for some reason looking at our backyard has brought the tears for me as well. Bosco had certain areas of the yard that were his favorite and I look at the places where he loved to sit and soak up the sun and I just can’t believe that he is no longer here. He loved to go out at night during the summer to hunt for crickets, lizards and June bugs. He was so obsessed with hunting for bugs that he would wake us up in the middle of the night making us think that he had to go to the bathroom only to have us standing out in the dark while he looked for creepy crawlies.

It’s the little things that he used to do and his quirky little personality that I really long for.

Mendy
elliemae

Reply with quote  #90 
yes i am the same way.  Napoleon loved to be outdoors and in the snow and never again will i see his pawprints just Elliemaes when she does venture out.
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.