Forum

Author   Comment   Page 5 of 6     «   Prev   2   3   4   5   6   Next

Reply with quote  #61 
Shanamylove,
Awe, it's sad how we react. I haven't been able to remove my cats bowls either nd sometimes I find myself reaching down to pick them up and fill. Or I think I see him in his favorite spots from time to time.
I'm just so happy for you that you've been better able to cope. Remember in the beginning people would tell us that it would get better day by day, and we absolutely shunned that idea like that would neverrr happen.
But I guess it does and I couldn't be more happy for you.
I still have moments that seem to hit in waves but hopefully it will get better soon.
We will never stop loving them and we will forever remember them but just without all the pain

Hugs to you girl!!
Carol
Shanamylove

Reply with quote  #62 
155, Elliemae
It will get better it will just takes time. I have also found keeping physically and mentally busy helps as well. Then you are not sitting around idly thinking of them and how much you miss them. The house is definitely a lot quieter with Shana gone, no remedy for that. And of course I will always and forever love and miss my girl, but I am relieved that the deep grief and constant breakdowns have lessened. I do get choked up and quickly occupy myself so I don't give in. Remember our belved pets wouldn't want us to be sad.

Reply with quote  #63 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mybeautifulboy
Hi Dawn, I am very sorry to hear about Daisy. I am sure that she knew that you loved her and that you were doing everything that you could to get her some help. I am sad that it turned out the way that it did. Did the vet say what they think happened with her?

I had 3 dachshunds as well, two 13 year olds and a twelve year old. One of of 13 year olds started acting like he did not feel well in November and I called our mobile vet to come to the house to see him the week after Thanksgiving. She diagnosed a UTI and told me to get him into the clinic for bloodwork and an X-ray to see if he had stones. He did fine with the blood draw but had a seizure and died while getting the X-ray. I think that the fact that he died so suddenly is what makes it so hard to understand.The pathology report shows that he died of a massive blood clot, but he also had several other things going on that I had no idea that he had. I absolutely feel so guilty and pray that he forgives me for not knowing that he was so sick.

I just want you to know that there are many here on this forum that are going through the same thing that you are and many of us are still grieving. It has been just a little over a month since I lost Bosco and I still cry everyday. My husband is also confused on what to do to help me. He has work to keep him busy, but I am a stay at home doggy mom.

Please take care of yourself.

So sad for you all ... our doggy is getting near this I think and I’ve been emotional enough watching her lose her sparkle ... thinking of you all ...
Shanamylove

Reply with quote  #64 
Flowerbed, Mybeautifulboy
I am deeply sorry for all of your losses. Please kmow that all of us here on Rainbow Bridge know your pain. So of us even share in the grief of thinking we could have done more for our pets. We will truly never know if that had been the case. Just know that we are all here for each other. We're here to listen and to understand when no one in the outside world can. We're here to provide comfort to one another. Please reach out as often as you need to. I know that the rainbow bridge has helped me a great deal. I hope it can do the same for everyone else.

Reply with quote  #65 
hi  carol sorry i havent responded but i got this pop up block thing going on and its asking me to disable it and I dont want to do that.  anyhow hope you are doing well and you have a "better" weekend.  All we can hope for right?

Reply with quote  #66 
Oh that's ok. No worries.
Yes I seem to dread the weekends especially Sundays. I guess because less on tv or they seem to be of a quieter nature. I'm not really sure. As it stands I just tend to 'dwell' more on that day. So far not too bad but then again it's still Saturday:)
How about yourself? Still progressing fairly well?
I don't know if you've been following Forum but this one lady ItCannotBeTrue has been posting regularly and has been threatening to 'end it all' etc etc in most of the posts. She's feeling extreme guilt over the loss of her dog due to negligence she says on the part of the vet and hospital she took him to Xmas Eve. Apparently she had bad feelings about taking him there as she got a bad vibe from the minute she walked in the door and wanted to leave but her husband said 'No we are staying'.
At first she wasnt too bad but lately it's been constant hints that she's going to take her life over it. So I've been posting to her and a few others have been from what I see. It's quite disturbing but I feel so badly for her.
We're all in the same boat of grief I tell her but she can't allow herself to fall apart like this.

Well, all we can do is try to go day by day. There's a lot of ups and downs along the way but as you said , being able to cope as best possible is all we can hope for.

Carol
MarkC

Reply with quote  #67 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 155
Oh that's ok. No worries.
Yes I seem to dread the weekends especially Sundays. I guess because less on tv or they seem to be of a quieter nature. I'm not really sure. As it stands I just tend to 'dwell' more on that day. So far not too bad but then again it's still Saturday:)
How about yourself? Still progressing fairly well?
I don't know if you've been following Forum but this one lady ItCannotBeTrue has been posting regularly and has been threatening to 'end it all' etc etc in most of the posts. She's feeling extreme guilt over the loss of her dog due to negligence she says on the part of the vet and hospital she took him to Xmas Eve. Apparently she had bad feelings about taking him there as she got a bad vibe from the minute she walked in the door and wanted to leave but her husband said 'No we are staying'.
At first she wasnt too bad but lately it's been constant hints that she's going to take her life over it. So I've been posting to her and a few others have been from what I see. It's quite disturbing but I feel so badly for her.
We're all in the same boat of grief I tell her but she can't allow herself to fall apart like this.

Well, all we can do is try to go day by day. There's a lot of ups and downs along the way but as you said , being able to cope as best possible is all we can hope for.

Carol

I’ve seen her posts as well, Carol. I don’t know what to say to her. I’ve been doing some reading about grief over people losing their pets since Mollie died. It needs to be taken more seriously.

Reply with quote  #68 
Mark C
Yes I take it seriously too. I don't know what else to say but recommend she get outside help.
It's very hard to deal with but if you get to that point it's not good at all.
Thanks for responding . In a basically anonymous format such as this we feel helpless I know.

Reply with quote  #69 
Mark..I'm very sorry about you're Mollie also. I think Ive told you that before but there's just so many new people coming to forum every day. It shows us we are definitely not alone in our devastation .
Shanamylove

Reply with quote  #70 
155, Markc, Elliemae
I haven't been on for awhile, I must say that being on this forum has been helpful but at the same time it's very difficult for me. We are all going to the loss of our beloved pet. Now that I am feeling a little bit better, I just became aware of itcannotbetrue. Oh my goodness how horrible her story and her feelings of hopelessness. Please let's try to rally around her and show her love and support that all of us have received. Although the loss of our beloved pet is devastating it is definitely not worth any of us here taking our own lives. Our pets would definitely not want that.

Reply with quote  #71 
I want to take this time out to remind everyone who may not know about glade plug-ins. My remaining living dog Chip had been walking around the house with teary eyes. In my ignorance I thought that he had been crying over the sudden loss of Shana my beautiful red Doberman I lost November 29, 2018. His eyes always so mean like they were crying so I decided to take him to the vet to get a general check up. He was also very lethargic. The vet told me that his lungs sounded terrible. He said that he is lungs sounded to that of someone who has COPD. I could not believe what I was hearing. So he asked me if I had been using a different detergent or cleaner to which I am said no. Then he asked me if I use any of those glade plug-ins which I answered yes. I have plug-ins all over the house on all the outlets which are his height since Chip is a miniature pincher. The vet informed me that he is teary eyes were in fact an allergic reaction and not crying. He also said that this is the reason he may be experiencing difficulty breathing. He gave Chip a cortisone shot and told me to monitor him for the week. As soon as we got home I threw away every single plug-in. Chip's teary eyes as well as his labored breathing have gone away. He's running around more like he used to but occasionally mopes around especially in the evening. Please everyone check to make sure that your pets are not allergic to these plug ins. I feel so guilty about everything my poor little Chip had been going through. Almost makes me feel guilty that perhaps I could have prevented Shana's death if I had known about her pre-existing heart condition, but I decided that I'm not going to dwell on that. You can't safe guard everything in this life. I've decided to focus on the 10 good years I had with my girl.

Reply with quote  #72 
Thankyou for making people aware of the Glade Plug Ins.
It's good to hear that Chip is ok . That must have put a scare into you though.
You have nothing to feel guilty about and I'm glad you realize that. We don't necessarily know these things , and we surely cannot forsee them, and some things are just unpreventable in any case.
You got to spend a lot of years with Shana and she loved her life with you and that's what's important.
Mybeautifulboy

Reply with quote  #73 
Millie, I lost Bosco on the same day that you lost Shana and I have a couple of plugins around my house as well. It seems like more and more pets are getting illnesses that come on suddenly and have devastating outcomes. I hear about so many pets with heart conditions, cancers, diabetes, kidney failure and Cushing disease. Three of my four dogs have shown to have a high ALK P on their blood tests which is a sign of Cushings. I really wonder if all these illnesses are caused by something in the environment?

Thank you for sharing your story. I am glad that Chip is doing better as well. I hope your grief has lessened some, I still have days when I just want to stay in bed and cry.

Mendy

Reply with quote  #74 
Hi
Oh I was just going to say that when I went into the vet on January 3rd of this year to have my cat euthanised he had told me that from September of 2018 until the time I went in , he had put to sleep more pets in that time then he had in the entire 3 years prior. I asked him what did he make of that and he just shook his head and said , 'environment'?
Mybeautifulboy

Reply with quote  #75 
Wow, that is crazy. There are some vets that think that yearly rabies vaccine are not necessary and that they may actually cause more harm than good. My vet will not vaccinate my dog that has issues with bladder stones, because she said that it could cause problems. I hope that some of the universities are doing research so that we know how to protect our fur babies.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.