Ozmakitten
Hello. I’m Angela and I’m new.
On Saturday my 5 1/2 year old love of my life cat Arthur made a horrific noise and dropped dead. The vet suspects heart failure.
He was healthy and normal until that moment and my heart is broken.
He has left his sister. Although currently she is fine, my heart breaks for her to have lost her little soulmate. They have never been apart.
Has anyone else been left with just one and felt so sad?
Thanks, Angela
Angela
Quote 0 0
clowdy
We have the same situation I have left with one cat. During the first weeks my other cat is always meowing at the middle of the night looking for his brother. I felt sad because even my other cat is grieving and missing his brother as well. They were always together since they were young they never been separated. When the other one is sleeping in the bathroom the other one is there too. When the other one is sleeping in the window the other one is there too and it breaks my heart to be only left with one cat since they were together always
Quote 0 0
FishChris
Angela, I am so sorry to hear about your kitty Arthur :( My GF had a cat the year before we met, who was also young like yours, and it had a heart attack or an aneurysm, and died suddenly, and unexpectedly. She still talks about him all the time. 

You can never "replace" an animal, any more than you can replace a person.... As they / we are all individuals. But maybe sometime down the road when you are ready, you could get another kitten (a rescue ?) to make a new friend for his sister ?
Animal lover and photographer
Quote 0 0
Ozmakitten
Thank you for your kind words. My girl Mrs Bouvier is following me closely and hanging in there I guess xx
Angela
Quote 0 0
Pagmem
Dear Angela,

What a sad thing for you to have to go through. I don’t know which is worse - having it happen when you’re not expecting it, or having to watch them fade and know it’s coming and what you may have to do. Both are so painful. I am so sorry for your loss and am sending you hugs and prayers.

Blessings,

Melissa
Melissa
Quote 0 0
Olliexxx
Hi angela.
So sorry for your loss
My ollie was also 5yrs old when i had to let him go 3 days ago..he had fluid in hes lungs and near heart failure and i watched aimlessly as he struggled to breathe..i did what i thought was best for him and had him euthanized..i have lost the love of my life..my shadow..im at a loss..
I too have another cat whos 11yrs old but i dont think it bothers her..im keeping an eye on her though.
Warmest regards
Amanda
Quote 0 0