Forum

Author   Comment  
Cookie123

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi All. I found this forum because I’m totally distraught over the loss of our beautiful furbaby Milly. I’m also angry at our vet who we brought her to the minute she seemed ill. We have had her since a tiny baby and she turned 12 just a few months ago. Always a healthy, happy, playful little furball at least up until a week ago. Never sick. She started coughing n we knew there was something weird. So we took her to the vet straight away. I asked the vet if she might have a lungworm infestation because of the amount of slugs around at the time and he dismissed it. I explained to him that she was coughing a lot and seemed more tired than her normal playful self and again he dismissed it. He assessed her and said she seemed healthy gave her a steroid:antinflammatory injection and assured me that would sort her out. Within 24 hours she was so much worse so we brought her back to the vet. Again they assessed her and said she had a small amount of fluid on her lungs but gave her an antibiotic and said she’d be fine. Well she wasn’t. We came home 2 nights ago to find her under our bed hardly able to breath. I picked her up in my arms in tears and we rang a different vet who was from a different surgery and would see her straight away. She was dying in my arms and the vet knew it was lungworm infestation leading to pneumonia. The really hard thing is that she could have been saved if we brought her to the right vet. And we didn’t 😢 our hearts r broken💔
pannklaus

Reply with quote  #2 
I am so very sorry about the tragic loss of your beautiful furbaby Milly.  Later on, when you feel like reading other posts  you will find that others here have also lost their precious babies because of the actions of vets.  In particular, you can read Living_With_Tragedy who has been posting here for a number of months.

Right now you are totally overcome with the grief we all feel when we lose our babies, in addition to the anger, sadness, rage and broken hearts over the tragedy involved because the vet didn't do the right thing.  I am so sorry that you lost Milly in this way.  There are many people here who understand and will share your grief.

Reply with quote  #3 
@Cookie123

Feelings of guilt are normal. As pet parents we feel responsible for their well being. Please know that you did what you thought best at the moment. And shouldn't blame yourself. I've been working on not going down the "what if " road myself. It's not healthy for either of us. For anyone. Grieving is a process though, and we each need to walk it through at our own pace. I understand your loss, your pain. Your grief. My deepest condolences to you. I'm glad you found this forum. It had been an anchor for me and has made such a difference. Non pet parents can be dismissive and insensitive bcs they simply don't understand the incredibly love and bond we share with our fur babies. Everyone on this forum is a strong pet lover and unfortunately has lost a fur baby too so we understand. Keep posting as you need. Unload your grief. We're here for each other. ~hugs your way.
Cookie123

Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks so much for the lovely messages of support. I keep on just going over how it could happen so rapidly. If we had done this or that more she’d still be here. If we pushed the vet more. Y did we take his word for it that she was fine. I would do anything to have her back. Our daily lives just feel numb & empty without her.
Gingers_Mommy

Reply with quote  #5 
The first few days my focus was also on how it happened and all the different decisions I could have made to avoid that dreadful night. Things would replay in my mind. It's normal of a lot of people on this forum. I've had to actively force myself to think about and write down in a little notebook all our good memories. It's still a process as it hasn't been long. Last night at her one week of being gone I went deep into her last night and cried deeply and apologized to her. My heart goes out to you. 💛
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.