Soxpats
My heart is breaking. We lost our beautiful almost 8 year old cat Moo today. She seemed ok but I noticed that she was sometimes breathing funny. We took her to the vet today and she had pneumonia. When they were treating her she went into cardiac arrest and died. What bothers me the most is maybe if I took her earlier she would still be here.

I feel so awful because she was scared with essential strangers when she died. I wasn't there to comfort her. I will never forgive myself for that. I should have been there to comfort her. My kids are devestated. They have been crying for hours and not eating. She was not only a family companion but she helped us through so much.

My son got sick 7 years ago and she was a kitten. She has been such a comfort to the four of us. Easing anxiety. Up late when our son needed his care (which is constant). This has blown a hole in our hearts and our happy home.

Thank you for listening. I'm just so heartbroken.
Quote 0 0
tuxtails
Soxpats, I am sorry that you are going through this, it is a very emotional time for you all. The guilt is so gut wrenching, just when I think I have gotten past that, it comes back. We are all here for you and understand. Moo was a part of your family and she knows that you love her very much. It is amazing how our pets are there for us when we are experiencing troubles in our lives....they love so unconditional.....and they are there to share the happy times as well. I am sending healing thoughts your way and hoping you find peace. 
Toni 
(Tux's Mom)
Quote 0 0
Beesmom123
Soxpats,
My deepest sympathy on the loss of your beloved Moo
It's terrible to lose her so suddenly and we all feel guilt for what we did or didn't do
But you were there for her all of her life and she knew she was loved and cherished
And you did what you thought best with the knowledge you had at the time

I know that doesn't take away the terrible pain and sense of loss
I wish there was something I could do to ease your pain, unfortunately that is something that takes time to learn to,live with

Please feel free to continue to reach out for support, folks here understand how much a furbaby impacts ones life in so many ways

Sending you wishes of peace and healing
Diana, Byrons mom
Bee- "Good night sweet prince & flights of angels see thee to thy rest"
Quote 0 0
Graceful
Dear Soxpats and your family,

Moo sounds like such a special girl, and I am terribly sorry that her life ended so abruptly and so soon.   Please know that pneumonia can overtake a body very, very quickly, and it often does not surface until the signs of the illness are at critical mass.   This is true of humans because so many elderly people die of pneumonia; it overtakes the body without warning, and sadly, the lungs cannot function or recover. 

It sounds like this is what happened to Moo; as much as I understand (all too well) your anguish, please try to forgive yourself of any guilt you feel; there was no way you could have done more, nor any sooner.   You sound like such a nice person, raising your kids to love and cherish Moo, and treat her like a family member and a sibling. 

I can't help but also mention that your screen name tells me that you and I are from the same "neck of the woods"; we're kindred spirits here, as it is a very small world when you get right down to it. 

I also hope that your son will be okay during this sad time.  You may want to do a little memorial for Moo, and / or release some balloons into the sky for her, too.  Many people also put a special photo into a frame and keep it in a special place so that the family can see it, and walk by and give it a kiss or a hug.  It's best to let them grieve and answer their questions, and keep it as simple as possible, if you know what I mean.  

Your sadness is a testament to how much Moo meant to you and your family, and I wish you peace in your time of sadness and remembrance.   Moo was a sweetheart for sure. 
In friendship,
Grace xox

"Now that the time has come
 Soon gone is the day,
 There upon some distant shore
 You will hear me say,
 Long as the day in the summer time
 Deep as the wine-dark sea,
 I'll keep your heart with mine
 Till you come to me"  (LM)

Quote 0 0
Dalidog
Soxpats...  your Moo sounds like a beautiful loving cat.  Don't blame yourself, guilt is such a natural part of grief.  I understand how you feel completely.  My beautiful Lhasa Apso Dali was fine one day and died suddenly the next.  I could tell she wasn't feeling well and took her to the vet on a Friday morning.  He said she had a respiratory infection, gave shots and meds and said she'd be fine.  The next morning I wasn't worried and then she just died suddenly, very suddenly.  An hour before that I was trying to feed her, telling her when she felt better she could eat.  That was 7 months ago and I haven't moved anything of hers.  too hard...   We do our best and I beat myself up that I should have known, too, that she was sick and needed to go to the vet earlier..  The vet apparently didn't know either the day before just how sick she was.  They hide it from us and want things to be normal.  Your Moo loved you and there are no words to make things easier.  Our "new normal" will never be the same.  Just take care of yourself and know that your Moo would want that.  Hugs to you and Moo, my heart is breaking for you and I know the days will be hard.  Just take care of yourself.  Hugs to you and Moo from me and Dali

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0