Ferguson2
2 days ago I had to put my 8yr old Boxer, Bambi to sleep. She had an undiagnosed tumor that ruptured. I have a chronic illness & she was with me everyday. I feel unbelievably broken. She was my heart.2E5C8C43-3221-4708-A1EF-A48925604575.jpeg 
Quote 1 0
Ophelia__May
I'm so sorry you have to go through this. She was a beautiful girl! I can definitely relate to your feelings of grief and disbelief, having put my own dog to sleep a month ago. 
You can find some comfort in knowing that you were with her everyday, and that's probably everything she could have ever wanted in life. You will always remember her as a furry angel who gave you her unconditional love and comfort in your struggle with your chronic illness. 
You did the right thing by avoiding any unecessary pain for her. Don't worry, she knows how much you loved her, and she'll always be part of your life. 
Wish you the best
Quote 1 0
Pecan_mom

I’m so sorry for your loss.  My dog Pecan passed away unexpectedly 8 weeks ago.  She was 9 years old. I will never Know the exact cause. I feel guilty for not being able to save her and I can’t believe I will never see her beautiful face again.  I miss her so much!  I would do anything to have her back. She was my true soulmate.  Please be kind to yourself and know that you did everything you could and to the best of your knowledge for your dog.  Our pets are so good a hiding their illnesses until it’s too late.  Pleas remember we are all here for you.  

take care, 

Sp
Quote 1 0
Ferguson2
I have gone over & over & over again in my mind trying to figure out what I missed. I should have known something was wrong, I was with her every day. Rationally I know that’s false but my head says something different. I’ve always connected with all my pets but she was different. She loved everyone in the family but she was my dog, my partner in crime, my world. She was just a beautiful loving soul. I miss my cuddle buddy.  
Quote 0 0
MaxsMom2
Ive done the same thing. Night and day I try to figure out what I missed. How could I have better protected him. As his parent it is my job. I do feel I failed at my job to protect him. Maxs intestines were riddled with scar tissue. When he started vomiting weeks ago, I assumed it was his IBS acting up that he had for years. So I gave him his antacid, eventually that dose didn’t work, so I had to increase it. We used to walk a mile each day, Once the quarantine started our walks at the park stopped. His walking time decreased, the frequency decreased, no park. Part of me feels that I made him depressed. I suddenly altered his life style. He was 13 + 1/2. He was older but was so full of energy. My fear of the virus stopped what he loved most. I feel like his decrease in exercise was so devastating to his immune system and body, that I accelerated all of his hidden medical problems. 
Laraine Esposito 
Quote 1 0
badgerblythe
I just want you to know, that I can tell you loved your baby Max more than anything. I do not believe, nor should you, that you caused any of his problems or made him depressed. I'm sure he was so happy to be quarantined with you. It is so hard to lose your best friend -- please, please, don't beat yourself up about it being your fault. It is not your fault. You loved him and did everything you could for him. He would not want you to be sad and blaming yourself. Find your happiest photos and videos of him and remember all the good times he had before he got sick. And know that he is pain free and happy now, I'm sure very close to you. 
BB
Quote 1 0
BoxerMomForever
Hello Ferguson2, I’m sorry for your loss. Bambi was a beautiful girl.   I’m a boxer mom well I was until last October.  Please don’t blame yourself, they say dogs hide their pain.   I went through something similar with my first boxer gal, she was fine, almost 12, she wasn’t well and we rushed her to vet hospital and she had a ruptured tumor as well.  I too wondered what we missed leading up to it.  Please don’t second guess yourself.  This breed are Velcro dogs as I call them, always by your side, especially when you really need them.  They have a special spot in my heart.  Hugs to you, remember you were a great pet parent.
Linda *Mom to two boxer angels* Lily {White Girl} 6/22/09 - 10/14/19  ** Ginger {Flashy Fawn Girl} 6/4/97 - 5/28/09
Quote 1 0
Ferguson2
She was a beautiful girl inside & out. She was a Velcro dog. She loved everyone & was my constant companion. She knew when I didn’t feel well & would just lay with me all day. She was so loved & it was way too soon. It was just so sudden. I’m absolutely heartbroken & very angry right now.
Quote 1 0
Monroegirl
So sorry for your loss of Bambi. The others have said it so well: don't blame yourself. She knew that she was loved and that you did all you knew to do for her at the time. Take care.
Quote 1 0
Ferguson2
I’m so glad I found this support system. It’s hard to talk about her with my daughters & husband because we’re all grieving in our own ways & in different stages. I appreciate everyone who’s sent words of encouragement & understanding. Thank you all!🙏🏻❤️
Quote 1 0