Forum

Author   Comment  
Josh_misses_max

Reply with quote  #1 
Tuesday will be 2 weeks since I lost my baby boy.
He was a 12 year old bichon.
He was throwing up that day and we took him to the vet immediately. He was diagnosed having pancreatitis by our vet, so we took him to the care center.
As he was admitted and we waited in the waiting room, he started having seizures. When pulled back for consolation is when were told. Was told 3-5 days he’d be better.
At 3 am, on the 5th his lil heart gave out on him. CPR failed and he went to the rainbow bridge
We had him cremated and is home.

The issue is, I’m depressed worse than ever. I can’t sleep. Trazadone was prescribed but doesn’t help.
I feel like I’m drowning in an ocean, trying to keep afloat, yet my legs and arms are starting to give.

I can’t do this. It’s painful. It hurts to the core of my bones.

Attached Images
jpeg FE69C03D-4EB5-42F0-A683-9776FA2F9098.jpeg (273.34 KB, 2 views)

Andee

Reply with quote  #2 
What a sweetheart (in the photo)!! I am so sorry for your loss. It is so difficult to lose our babies. The first two weeks are the hardest, but certainly not the end of our grief and sorrow. Honestly, if you are still having trouble sleeping and the Traz isn't helping, you should tell your doctor. Perhaps you need a dosage increase or a different medication. Not getting enough sleep can really make your suffering worse.

There are books written about pet loss that may help. I haven't read any or know enough to recommend a certain one. I think there are a few resources listed on this website, however, that may help. Also, simply feel free to continue to post here, we understand your loss, grief, and sorrow. Hugs 🤗!

Reply with quote  #3 
I feel your pain, every inch of my body hurts and emotionally I am drained. I have no children, only my fur-baby who was just suddenly taken from me. Life feels unfair and cruel, and we did not deserve this.
Memories_of_Marmalade

Reply with quote  #4 
Dear Josh,

Your boy looks like such a character. What a great photo of him. It looks as if he is posing for a school photo or something.

"As he was admitted and we waited in the waiting room, he started having seizures. When pulled back for consolation is when were told. Was told 3-5 days he’d be better. At 3 am, on the 5th his lil heart gave out on him."

I read this again and again, Vet's saying everything is going to be okay and then it isn't okay. The truth is they wing it. I keep reading conflicting information, misdiagnoses, contradictory statements, completely opposite opinions. I took my Marmalade to 5 different Vets and all misdiagnosed him. It is maddening. But you got your beloved treatment. You did the best you could with what you were able to provide and obtain. And God bless you for that.

I hope you are able to get some rest and soon. I have to be careful not to have caffeine after say 11:00 am each day. It takes time to wear off before taking a sleeping pill at night. Made a major difference.

Nacoka

Reply with quote  #5 
Dear Josh

I know so well your pain. I lost my beautiful boy Jack on September 28 2018. He was fine one day, deathly ill the next. He was diagnosed with an aggressive form of blood cancer. He was only 9 years old. The days and weeks after, I could actually feel my heart breaking. I was so grief stricken. I cried all the time. My brain was fuzzy and I was sluggish. But I had to go through it. Actually, I’m still going through it. Every time I see a dog that looks like him, I tear up. I’m tearing up now writing about him.

You have to grieve. It may take a long, long time, but you’ll get through it. One day, you’ll be able to get through it with just a little tear. You’ll be able to talk about him and smile.
But you will NEVER forget him and you’ll ALWAYS love him.

To my dearest Jack, if my love could of saved you, you would have lived forever.

Nancy, Jack’s mom

Attached Images
jpeg 2D0C42D8-AEAA-4978-A89A-8E7DC222FFF4.jpeg (363.42 KB, 1 views)

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.