RaenAngel Show full post »
RaenAngel
Today is a hard day. 3 weeks ago, around 6pm (5:48 to be exact) I got the call my Fuzz was dead. I left for work that morning unaware it would be my last time seeing her alive. She seemed off, but that is nothing out of the norm. Fuzz was a weird dog. I took time to come home and bury her, and right away noticed she had passed with a smile, her tongue flopping out like it usually did. It appeared she went quickly, without pain. I was relieved. She no longer was in pain, she no longer had to fight with her medical issues. No more shots, no more seizures. She was healthy, but she was developing arthritis and had had what was assumed a seizure around a year prior. She never really walked right after that, but fuzz never walked anyway. She bounced, hopped, scurried and hurried full speed ahead. She would lesiurely stroll. But never truly walk. I had always wondered if she hurt. She had no teeth in the end, but she didnt mind, that meant she got to sample tons of new wet food. She would growl if you called her cute. She was a tomboy. She followed me everywhere, never required a leash. She puttered in the yard with me. She loved early morning play time in the grass, and now she can finally enjoy it without having a reaction. No more itchy, dry skin that forced bathing too often for her liking, or that dreaded shaving. She was going deaf, though she could hear plastic anywhere in the house.

I am glad they are back together, even if it hurts me so much. I truly believe her death may have been part of Sheba's. How could it not? Being together, side by side, for 12 long, annoying (they were such siblings) years.
Quote 0 0
skmk
Hello, I've been reading all your posts and thought I would chime in.   First I would like to say I'm so sorry for all your losses.   I know how hard it is to deal with.  You're never too old to grieve the passing of a pet.  I lost my dog Dickens over a year ago and I'm still dealing with the pain and grief.  He was my constant companion and friend and made everything else better.  It was a shock when he died.  I didn't know he was so sick and he died at the vets.  I have a lot of guilt about that.  I have another dog but it's not the same I'm ashamed to say.  Nothing is the same.  I'm having trouble coping with this new normal.  I don't have any answers about how to cope.  I think you just have to go through it.  
Hugs to you all and peace,
skmk 
Quote 0 0
RaenAngel
skmk wrote:
Hello, I've been reading all your posts and thought I would chime in.   First I would like to say I'm so sorry for all your losses.   I know how hard it is to deal with.  You're never too old to grieve the passing of a pet.  I lost my dog Dickens over a year ago and I'm still dealing with the pain and grief.  He was my constant companion and friend and made everything else better.  It was a shock when he died.  I didn't know he was so sick and he died at the vets.  I have a lot of guilt about that.  I have another dog but it's not the same I'm ashamed to say.  Nothing is the same.  I'm having trouble coping with this new normal.  I don't have any answers about how to cope.  I think you just have to go through it.  
Hugs to you all and peace,
skmk 

I didnt know either of mine were sick, outside of Sheba's diabetes and Fuzz's "normal" medical mess. Both of mine passed while I wasnt with them. Sheba at the vet, Fuzz while I was at work. I hate that they died alone. It is very difficult to deal with this new routine, the fact they're gone.

I can understand having another dog and it not being the same. I feel awful that I am more upset about Sheba than Fuzz, but sheba and I went through alot more together and our bond much different.
Quote 0 0