Luvroxy
Roxy had always been my husband and my favorite cat ever since we adopted her 4 years ago. We always talked how cute she was, how goofy she was, how lucky ww were to have such a wonderful cat and how huch we loved her and wouldn't know what to do without her.

We came home yesterday and Roxy was greeting us at the door as usual, so we kissed her and told her we loved her and she followed us upstairs. She started walking toward me while I was petting another kitty and all of a sudden Roxy just fell on her left side and started to have a seizure. And she was able to get up after that. My husband immediately called the vet while I massaged her left legs and she started purring.

So we went to the vet, and they were not sure exactly what happened to her but they were very concerned because she was walking in circles non-stop and her left legs were limping. She then had another seizure and the vet advised us to go to the emergency hospital.

We got Roxy there at around 8 last night and she was admitted into the ICU and the vet said shes dehydrated and non-responsive. After about 20 mins, we were told that she started to be more responsive and tried to get up several times and they would schedule her for a MRI this morning and they will be monitoring her throughout the night. At around 2:30am, we got a call from the vet and said Roxy's heart has stopped and she's not breathing and asked for our permission to resuscitate her. The vet called again 10mins later and told us Roxy had suffered from brain dead and she was gone.

We got Roxy when she was one and she was severely neglected by her previous owner. She was skinny and dirty with ear infections that took a year to get rid of. Then we found out she was in pain for a long time because of her teeth and she got more than six teeth removed. But she had always been a happy and sweet cat. Everyone that had met her fell in love with her. She loved people and she sat on my laps every night for hours.

This has been very tough for me because everything reminds me of her, she was only 5 and she was still so young and happy. I still feel like she will be waiting at the door when we come home or making those weird noises that she always made or just come out from no where and sit on my laps for hours. I don't think I will ever be able to cope with this pain.
Quote 0 0
Beesmom123
I am so sorry for your pain and the loss of your beloved Roxy
It sounds like you and your husband were wonderful parents to her and did all you could
It's not fair that she was so young and your time with her so short
But you made her time her time on earth joyful and loving and she surely knew how much she was loved

Again I am so sorry for what you are going through

Hugs to you
Diana
Bee- "Good night sweet prince & flights of angels see thee to thy rest"
Quote 0 0
shantismom
I am so sorry to hear about your sweet Roxie.  She was young and that just makes it harder to accept.  We all know the pain you are feeling and the heartache you feel.  At least you can know that your babies is not having any pain now, no stress, no problems at all.  
We often say here that the pain we feel is the result of the love we had and that our babies are worth that pain for the privilege of having had them in our lives.
I will keep you in prayer.  The journey through grief is sometimes a long one but you can come here at any time and find people who know your pain and will listen to you with the utmost sympathy.

Marlene
Marlene Wagner
Quote 0 0
ScoutsDad
Roxy had a wonderful home with you, and a much better life than she had with the previous owner.  Please don't think of her as only having five years -- think of her as living four times as long as she would have with that person. 
Quote 0 0
Luvroxy
Thank you for your support! I know it might sound strange but my husband and I believe Roxy hang on until we got home so she could say goodbye before the whole thing happened. I know we shouldn't blame ourselves but I keep thinking she must have given us some signs to let us know she didn't feel well and I was just too dumb to see them. It's been tough, I started getting the air as if I was petting her.
Quote 0 0