leel
Our 6 month old yellow lab puppy Wyatt died suddenly during the night last night, we believe he was poisoned by something he found. I am so worried about my husband, he has PTSD after serving in Iraq and Wyatt saved his life, my husband was a new man after we brought Wyatt into our home. He laughed and was joyful every day, Wyatt was the best therapy for my husband.

We both fell in love with Wyatt after seeing him online and my husband flew from Washington State to Iowa to pick him up in February of this year. He took Wyatt everywhere with him even to work every day and in a flash hes been taken from us. I am so worried about my husband, I need to know how to support him, Im so worried his PTSD will come back with a vengence.

Prayers please? Thank you
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
Wow! I’m not sure what to say, what a horrible loss for you both but especially him. I don’t think he’ll be open to another puppy for himself. I’d go to a shelter and get one under the pretense that it’s for you. Maybe an adult that needs someone as much as he does he shouldn’t be alone, this is just devastating to even read, my heart is breaking. Does he have a PTSD councilor? If so let him know and get his thoughts. I’ve seen a few men post on here expressing the same grief and pain. Prayers for sure, I’m soo sorry this just shouldn’t have happened
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0
msweet13
I agree with Lynn. What a tragedy!! I know that some shelters get adult dogs that have been surrendered if their previous owners have passed, or downsized, or have moved into assisted living. These dogs have been loved and at some point may have served as therapy dogs for their aged owners. Again, please accept my deep sympathies for the loss of your beloved puppy Wyatt and I wish you peace of spirit and comfort of heart.
Denise (Brutus' Mom)
Brutus von Dolce
06/19/2006 - 03/16/2018
RIP my sweet beautiful boy
Quote 0 0
zakatak
I’m very sorry for your tragic loss. I understand your pain all too much as I lost my 8 month Great Dane puppy to a sudden heart attack. He died in my arms on the couch.

I understand the devastation. You’re not only grieving the loss of your puppy, your also grieving the loss of your future together.

Love and prayers, Karen
Karen

*  Duncan the Dane - taken WAY too soon (7/27/17 - 3/28/18)
*  Missing Dudley the Newf (3/13/08 - 6/12/17)
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
leel, wondering how you and your husband are doing? Hoping or the best, take care of you,
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0
LynnCDM
I am so sorry for both you and your husband and can’t imagine how worried you are. Is he open to therapy ? Have you ever heard of EMDR ? It is a technique done by a licensed therapist and is a treatment for grief and PTSD. I am doing it right now to try to deal with my grief and blame over the loss of my dog. Again... I am so sorry .
Quote 0 0
leel
Tankie12 wrote:
leel, wondering how you and your husband are doing? Hoping or the best, take care of you,
Quote 0 0
leel
LynnCDM wrote:
I am so sorry for both you and your husband and can’t imagine how worried you are. Is he open to therapy ? Have you ever heard of EMDR ? It is a technique done by a licensed therapist and is a treatment for grief and PTSD. I am doing it right now to try to deal with my grief and blame over the loss of my dog. Again... I am so sorry .
Quote 0 0
leel
Thank you so much for asking, we are getting along, each day is a little better I think. I want to get another puppy but my husband isn't ready yet. In time hopefully:) have a wonderful day!
Quote 0 0