Goodboyjayden
He was a boxer mix and a little over 10 yrs, but man I always called him my old man because it always felt like there was someone in there , not just a dog. He was so much more we had the best bond when I was pregnant he would lay beside my belly instead of on me he thought he was a lap dog, he loved every one and everything, even cats he never growled or tried to bite anything ever and when you gave him a treat he took it so gently it was the night right before forth of July ,we started out like any other day I woke up with him next to me took him for a walk, and played inside later we took the best nap together , then went back out to do some fireworks. And they started doing loud ones and those frighten him so we went back in sat down him right next to me of course , and I hear this awful gag/ moan I look over in panic and he had pooped/peed on his self and he never ever would potty in side yet on himself,so I get down there to help , and I thought he just got scared form the noise , and got a fan on him water and cleaned him up I got up to potty and he tried following me collapsed right infront of my bathroom and started seizing , so I called my husband who had gone quickly to the store to turn AROUND and fast we have to get him to the hospital, so within 10/15 we were there and doing his exam and he started sezing again and they rushed him back ,my heart sank so I called my mom she was very very close also told her about what's happening and to come. It was about another 20/30 minutes and right as she walked in they asked if we were still going to resuscitate , so we asked to go back and he was on the floor still sezing and I got up to him held his head that's literally the only time they said his heart started beating harder , he knew I was there , I gently scooped up his head and held him letting him know he was the best dog. AND I love you so much I pet his favorite spots as his heart quickly faded away and watched and felt his last breaths go from his beautiful body, I saw his eyes loose their gleam . He was gone I lost my fur baby and best companion. He was such a great dog never wanted anything but to love you . I will greatly miss you .. jayden mommy loves . I'll have you leash ready
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
I am so sorry you lost Jayden! That must have been such a shock for it to happen so quickly. He sounds like such a wonderful dog! When we said good bye to Bailey I was there holding his head in my hand and it was so surreal realizing he was actually gone but now I am glad that I could be there for him. In time I think you will feel the same because you were able to hold his head and tell him you loved him but the loss and the grief are so very difficult. My heart goes out to you, MJ
Quote 0 0
GunnersMama
I'm so sorry for your physical loss of Jayden. Our Squiggy was an 11 year old Boston Terrier and he started having seizures. My husband rushed him to the vet and he had another one on the way. He lost control of his bowels too. They gave him valium to try to stop them but he continued to have them even while he was heavily sedated. They told us since he was an older dog and had never had a seizure before that he probably had a brain tumor. We had no other choice but to have him put to sleep. He was the sweetest and most kind dog. Be kind to yourself. Grief is a roller coaster of emotions. Ask him for signs. Sending hugs and prayers.
Quote 0 0
Goodboyjayden
Thank you that's exactly how it happened
Quote 0 0
Goodboyjayden
Hey jayden. I slept with your collar last night. I think it turns out I needed you more I'm sorry out side and I just keep thinking if call your name out you will run up to me like you were out of site. But every day that passes is just a day closer , we had planned on getting a kitty before you passed today we pick her up I'm going to call her jaelyn . I know you would have loved her you loved everything . OK buddy your a good boy jayden.
Quote 0 0
GunnersMama
I always thought my babies needed me so much but I know now that it was me that need them more. I'm glad to hear that you are getting a kitty. I love the name. I'm sure Jayden is very happy for you.
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
So sorry for the loss of your beautiful Jayden.  When they leave, we learn quickly that they took care of us, we only thought we took care of them.  There are no words.  They are with us always and we WILL see them again.  What would heaven be without them?  They are our heaven.  Hugs to you and Jayden from me and Dali

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
GeeAnn
We lost our sweet Riley boy (Lab mix, 13 1/2 years old) on May 5th also to a suspected brain tumor.  He had had a few seizures in the previous 6 months but our vet at that time thought it was low blood sugar.  On May 5th Riley began making all kinds of noise in the middle of the night (his bed right next to ours). He was trying to get up and couldn't.  He had no balance ability.  He did not want us to touch the right side of his face and his right eye was not normal.  When we took him to the vet he highly suspected a brain tumor because of the previous seizures and also his loss of balance.  We had to make the decision right there to tell him goodbye.  It was not what we were expecting.  He had been just fine hours before and even at his age, he was very spry and didn't really have any signs of arthritis except when it would get very cold outside.  

He sounds a lot like your dog in that he was very human like.  He was like having an old man around as he did things a certain way every time and he didn't want you changing the routine up at all.  It is just so hard.  I have been doing well the last few weeks but since the 4th of July I have been really having a hard time again.  I think because Riley hated the 4th and I always had to put his thunder jacket on and usually we stayed home so that he would feel more secure.  He was always sad when we left the house without him.  

They just become such a part of our lives/family and burrow their way into our hearts and it hurts so much to lose them.  I'm so sorry for your loss.  I hope it comforts you to come to this forum and know that so many understand and care.   
Quote 0 0
Goodboyjayden
I'm so glad I found this forum it helps allot ,

Jayden every time I get on here to write to you I my heart beats faster, to think about you makes me happy and so sad all at once, it's been a little over a month since god needed you as his loyal dog , and it has not been easy I have days where I look at you in your beautiful box , with your handsome face on the side an smile so big ,because you were mine I was so lucky. YOU were everything a dog should be plus more , I should have made you a therapy dog you would of passed for sure , so as you know have been trying to have another kiddo. Well I was thinking about using your name for the middle name. When the time comes that is, it's been really hard to make it , lol I would have never thought. Oh remember when ND jr was born and you say buy his bassinet the whole time you were his Lil nanny. And on his first bath you insisted that you were to be in the bathroom with us and not waiting outside of it , and when he whimpered you nudged me ha ha funny these memories make me feel better, I have seen you in my dreams a few times mostly short like you just sitting in front of me waiting for me to put on your leash , I know you are around , have fun playing you literally have endless amounts of squirrels to chase . So watch me , your a good boy jayden I love you
Quote 0 0
frostymommy
DEAR Jayden,

My 2 yr old Frosty joined you in Heaven on 7/7, just 16 days ago. I miss him so much too and I know that you two are kissing all the people and pets in heaven. May the Lord comfort your family and help them heal, just as our family needs God's help to recover and keep loving. Your family is in my prayers.

Hugs,
Frosty's mommy
Soph
Frosty Joy 5/14 - 7/16
Quote 0 0