1951shy
It was about 10 years when I first saw Stubby and her mate walking up my yard in Michigan. I thought to myself they must belong to some one. So I took food out so they could eat. At the time I was not sure if Stubby was the female. Time passed and they continued to stay around the yard. And one day only Stubby showed up to be fed. Time passed and she decided I belonged to her. She went with to the mailbox everyday and at night when I returned from work she was sitting on the porch waiting and would come to the car as if to say your home, I missed you. She began to come into the house with me when I entered. Almost as if she was thinking oh ok this is where you live now I will live here to.
Years passed my husband passed away and she along with her sisters (all rescues) gave comfort. When the furance didn't work right, she lay beside me sharing her warmth. When I moved 700 miles away she and her sisters came to. I lost her Oct 22, 2009. She had been cold so I turned on the heater she had taken to staying in the bathroom. Before I went to bed she went in the closet and when I layed down she came out. She couldn't bare for me to touch her. I talked to her in the dark. She fought so hard to stay with me. And I knew by her sounds it was unbearable. I prayed to God not to let her suffer. Seconds later she was gone. I'm heartbroken I could not keep my promise to her. That I would have her creamated and her ashes taken back to Michigan to be scattered by the house, where our story bagan.
Quote 0 0
Susie_Squillions
Dear Shy,

I am so very sorry to hear about your devastating loss.  This is a true love story, and I can tell you that the soft tears are gently falling after reading it.  What a beautiful tale of exceptional devotion!

You and Stubby were both so blessed to have found each other.  I have no doubt this was a meeting that was arranged on another plane, in another realm.  A bond like yours can never be broken, and Stubby will live in your heart forever, never more than a whisper away from you.  I know how empty your home feels without Stubby's physical presence, but whereever you are, there Stubby is too.

Please come back and tell us more about life with Stubby and all of your dogs.  I want to get to know them through your loving words.

You, your surviving dogs, and your beautiful Angel Stubby are in my thoughts and prayers.

My heart is battered and bruised, but I will not let it break. It holds such precious cargo, I must protect it now. (Susie Squillions)

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Quote 0 0
Tricia
Dear Shy,

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your beloved Stubby. You and Stubby shared many wonderful and loving years together. You have been so very blessed to have shared your lives.  My heart aches along with yours. I know that a big piece of your heart is gone and that can never be replaced, but please know that Stubby lives in your heart and soul his love all around you. My heartfelt thoughts and prayers are with you and we are here to help you and offer you comfort during the days ahead.

Hugs,

Tricia

Tricia, Burton&Ozzie's Mom

"Good night sweet prince:And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest!"
William Shakespere's Hamlet
Quote 0 0
jasminesmom
Dear Shy,
I am so sorry for your loss. The void in your heart will mend someday after losing Stubby. The memories will be there forever. The joy our furbabies bring to us...it is hard to describe. She is now running, playing pain free at the Rainbow Bridge with other furbabies.
My heart is broken for you.
You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs,

Cheryl and Angel Jasmine

Cheryl and Angel Jasmine
Jasmine was loved
Jasmine was given ProIn
Jasmine is now gone
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/JAMIN001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0