Kholl0525
My 10 year old boxer named lola, passed 4 days ago. We have been dealing with this illness for a month. 4 weeks ago she all of a sudden lost her vision and was blind, unsteady gait, balance issues, couldn't bark and couldn't really chew, we had to do soft foods. I had to feed her give her water and take her outside to use bathroom. My lola was dx with a brain tumor. I was devastated, she was such a great dog and followed me everywhere. They put her on high doses of prednisone which might have caused an ulcer. Lola was never spayed, so on Wednesday, I took her to the vet and was breathing really hard. The vet said she was in septic shock from pyometra, an infection in her uterus. They needed to do surgery, but was only given 2 months to live. So after deciding and speaking with our vet we decided euthanasia was best. This brain tumor was pretty aggressive, she went downhill quick. I know she isnt suffering anymore, we didnt wont her too, she was in pain.
I'm so lonely and lost without her. I cry everyday all day. My heart literally hurts.
Quote 1 0
Zaneta
I am very sorry for your loss of Lola. And I share the grief with you. I lost my Bella 12 days ago tragically. The first week of grief is the worst. The pain is unbearable. My heart is ripped forever and I’m sure yours is too. Your Lola will always be with you. Hugs
Quote 0 0
Mybeautifulboy
I am so very sorry for the loss of Lola and my heart hurts for you knowing that you are starting on this journey of grief. My dog Bosco died suddenly 8 months ago and I think about him everyday. I remember that first night without him and my heart hurt so bad that I thought that I was having a heart attack. I will tell that it does get better, it just takes time. This forum has been extremely helpful for me and I hope that it helps you as well.

My condolences, RIP Lola.
Quote 0 0
Jan_H
I am very sorry for your loss of sweet Lola. It is very difficult and painful to make that final decision for our pets. But we do it out of love, to end their suffering. It is clear that Lola was very special and very much loved, and you did what was best for her.

My condolences,
Jan
Quote 0 0
Kholl0525
Thank you all for the sweet comments. I'm hoping this forum helps me. I'm so devastated, my heart hurts but talking about it helps me. I'm so sorry for the loss of all ur fur babies, they will be waiting for us at the rainbow bridge ❤❤❤❤
Quote 0 0
Hutchysmom
I am so sorry to read this, we put our sweet boy Hutchy down on Wednesday. This is such a loss for me, and I find myself so incredibly sad. I’m sorry you are going through this, it’s so very hard.
Quote 0 0
Kholl0525
I'm so sorry for hutchy! I understand your hurt, its horrible 💔
Quote 0 0
HamLuv16
I'm so sorry for your loss. We lost our sweet bully a week ago and our hearts are so hurt. Know that you are not alone.
Quote 0 0
katiescarlett
we just lost our katie scarlett tonight to pyometra...she also had a heart murmur which couldn't stay strong during the septic shock of the pyometra on her uterus...I am crushed..you are not alone when dealing with grieving...my grieving has just begun...my katie was a maltese and a facebook group im in suggested this rainbow bridge to help me through and im so grateful for them...I am sorry about your lola but had to respond with the pyometra commonality...we can get through this together
Quote 0 0
Momtozeus
I am so sorry for your loss of Lola. I too lost my boy Zeus 3 weeks ago on Tuesday , he was 10 1/2 just missing his birthday by 2 weeks. He had a massive brain tumor and i had to help him cross the bridge as well. It is a very heart wrenching decision to make but we do it for them, Out of our love for them, and please know that you did the compassionate and unselfish thing for Lola. This forum is so helpful for everyone that finds it. So many people are going through the same thing as we are and it helps to talk about how you feel and about our fur babies. Try the Monday night candle vigil tonight.. it is beautiful.
Michelle {momtozeus}
Quote 0 0