Forum

Author   Comment   Page 6 of 31     «   Prev   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   Next   »
MAlcindor

Reply with quote  #76 
Realizations like that feel like a kick in the gut. The last time they did this or that, it's just so heart breaking. Take your time putting his little things away, if they help you feel him closer to you there is no rush.
I remember once taking a picture of Max hiding in the white clothes I had separated for the laundry and he was so well camouflaged the only thing you could see was his little nose and eyes. I don't have that picture anymore since I lost the phone it was on. Makes me so sad, but I still have that memory.

https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/MAX42339/Resident.htm
https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BAILE490/Resident.htm

Rookiesmama

Reply with quote  #77 
I miss you my Lovebug.💔

Attached Images
jpeg Screenshot_20180812-193625_Pinterest.jpg (477.39 KB, 3 views)

Millie18

Reply with quote  #78 
What a true statement. The only negative aspect of a dog is that they don't live nearly long enough. These good-byes are so painful.

Sending you hugs today, Melissa. Hope your day is going better today. Have been including Rookie as well as some other animal friends from this site each night in my prayers alongside Millie's. 

Mom to Millie, Roman, Snoopy & step sister to O'Boy
JennyTeddy

Reply with quote  #79 
I saw this quote and t made me smile. I wanted to share with you. Thank you for posting non Teddys thread and leaving me thoughtful messages. Hugs 💕

Attached Images
jpeg 145ED314-289F-4B7F-9F2C-926305D87A1D.jpeg (93.54 KB, 2 views)

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Rookiesmama

Reply with quote  #80 
Thank you Jenny, I love that! It's so true. There are few people I like (can I say like or does it have to be liked? 💔) better than Rookie. I even have a gym shirt that says, ''I just want to stay home and hang out with my dog. " 😊 I'm sad I can't wear it anymore.
Rookiesmama

Reply with quote  #81 
Thank you so much Diana. Work makes the time go by quickly, and I'm thankful I have pictures of Rookie there. I know he's not home, but I'll be so happy to be heading home after a long day and while I understand he's not there, it STILL manages to take my breath away. I'm so grateful for everyone here and this forum; it's the only place I can truly express myself without judgement.
JennyTeddy

Reply with quote  #82 
Of course you can day like, I said “like” instead of “liked” 😉 I love that shirt! It’s so true too. I could spend everyday with Teddy and never get sick of him, I have a shirt that that says “I my dog can’t come I’m not going” lol story of my life.

Millie18

Reply with quote  #83 
Melissa, Just imagine Rookie waiting for you. I talk to Mill when I leave and when I come home. I throw her kisses at her memorial that I set up.
I've always liked dogs better than people. So many times that I cancelled engagements last minute because I preferred staying home with the dogs. Wear your shirt proudly : ) 

Rookiesmama

Reply with quote  #84 
Thank you both! The most recent one I have is, "I'd push you in front of Zombies to save my dog." I'm so glad you'd choose Millie and Teddy over humans too! (My kind of people!! 😊)
Millie18

Reply with quote  #85 
Ooooh, I want that zombie shirt!

I think I still have a shirt with my Shar-pei is smarter than your kid...they were all Shar-pei mixes, but the sentiment was the same : )
Nothing against kids at all, I just like dogs soooo much better

Rookiesmama

Reply with quote  #86 
Rookster,
Tonight I did the candle lighting ceremony for you. It was the first time in a few days that I've really cried- not because I haven't felt like it (you know I want to everyday!), but I finally gave myself permission today. I just miss you so much. I love having one of my favorite pictures by the bed, but it's hard too, because it's only from December. You were sick in December, totally unrelated to your stupid back injury, but you were getting better. You look so happy in your picture, and I remember finally feeling happy that December.... and now you're gone. It seems like such a cruel joke that you recovered and we were happy, only to be without each other 6 months later. Then I remember though that we had 6 AMAZING months. Lots of walks and playing with toys....and stuffies, something totally new for you. Rookie, this wasn't supposed to be a mopey/ whiney post, but happy memories often intertwine with sad and I start rambling! Just know how much I love you my pupaloo. Please visit me in my dreams soon. ❤
Valley_hughes

Reply with quote  #87 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookiesmama
Rookster,
Tonight I did the candle lighting ceremony for you. It was the first time in a few days that I've really cried- not because I haven't felt like it (you know I want to everyday!), but I finally gave myself permission today. I just miss you so much. I love having one of my favorite pictures by the bed, but it's hard too, because it's only from December. You were sick in December, totally unrelated to your stupid back injury, but you were getting better. You look so happy in your picture, and I remember finally feeling happy that December.... and now you're gone. It seems like such a cruel joke that you recovered and we were happy, only to be without each other 6 months later. Then I remember though that we had 6 AMAZING months. Lots of walks and playing with toys....and stuffies, something totally new for you. Rookie, this wasn't supposed to be a mopey/ whiney post, but happy memories often intertwine with sad and I start rambling! Just know how much I love you my pupaloo. Please visit me in my dreams soon. ❤

Beautiful post! Rookie knows how loved he is. I still ask Peanut to come visit in my dreams but haven’t seen him yet. I think our fur babies might be too busy still enjoying being pain free and illness free. I hope you are feeling some peace tonight.
Rookiesmama

Reply with quote  #88 
Thank you Valerie! That's what I want to envision- Rookie and Peanut having too much fun to visit us just yet. I've seen some signs from Rookie, but I really want to see him in my dreams.

I hope you're getting some decent sleep. Every night still are variations of bad for me, hopefully it'll change soon.
Millie18

Reply with quote  #89 
Melissa,

I hope you were able to have a peaceful night.

I'm so glad your last 6 months with Rookie were well spent and cherished, even though there were some health issues. I look at Millie's pics from the last 2 weeks and I know she was sick then as well, but we had good times too. We both have been fortunate to have had that time together.

I'm sorry that you had to see Rookie recuperate, just to be taken away from you. It's so cruel having to go through that. I wondered too, what was the point of Millie choosing me, going through all of the challenges in her life, then having her taken her away just after her 8th birthday just when we had a great thing going. I have my days when I'm just plain angry about it all. Deep down I know there's a reason, but my heart is very angry about it and just wants what it wants.

I hope you have a good day with Rookie with you at your work.

Rookiesmama

Reply with quote  #90 
Friday will be 4 weeks for Rookie, and I just find it so hard to wrap my head around that. I don't understand how time keeps just moving forward. It feels like 4 weeks is forever, and cements his passing as real. I hate that more and more time is passing from the last time he was in his house.

My Dad was at my house the other day to let a worker in, and I asked if he went into my room. He answered yes, he needed to say hello to Rookie. I was so caught off guard, and thought, he said hi to Rookie? It took my mind a second to process he meant Rookie's box. Isn't that crazy? I felt so stupid. Obviously I know his physical body is gone, but for just a moment....

4 is almost here and I'm dreading it. I really, really miss him. 💔 I miss coming home from work and waiting for him to grab a toy before he could REALLY say hello... then running into the yard and rolling around like crazy. I miss him stealing my side of the bed and taking long walks. I miss how cute and cuddly he looked while asleep. I miss too much to list.

On Friday after work I plan to go to the shelter where I got him (7 years and 1 month ago) and walk one or two dogs. I have really dreaded Fridays since he passed, and I'm not looking forward to going to the shelter, but I figure walking some homeless dogs is a good way to honor him.

Rookie,
Mama loves you and misses you so much. 💔 You're such a good boy.

Attached Images
jpeg 0607141826b.jpg (605.19 KB, 1 views)
jpeg 0525140921-1.jpg (225.90 KB, 1 views)
jpeg 0727131844.jpg (1.38 MB, 1 views)
jpeg 0706130032a-1.jpg (474.04 KB, 1 views)
jpeg 0517142112.jpg (329.63 KB, 1 views)
jpeg 0607141826d.jpg (591.22 KB, 1 views)

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.