Forum

Author   Comment   Page 5 of 32     «   Prev   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   Next   »
JennyTeddy

Reply with quote  #61 
Rookiesmama 💕

I’m sorry you the last few days have been tough 💔 I know you’re missing Rookie a lot and your heart aches not having him. It does feel weird to walk alone, I tried it and I just couldn’t. Way too painful, just amplifies more than I’m alone and he’s not here physically. I hope you’re able to get some sleep tonight hope and feel Rookie with you. 💛 our babies are always with us. Send you big hugs 💛

Attached Images
jpeg 284FEB64-D132-412E-BE3A-49D4A7D2D59B.jpeg (124.23 KB, 1 views)

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Rookiesmama

Reply with quote  #62 
I can't really believe this happened; I think it has to be my Rookie. ❤ About a week ago I was scrolling through FB (something I haven't done much since he passed) and came across a rescue in need of donations. I made a donation in my Rookie's name and didn't really give it a second thought. Today I saw my parents and we were talking about Rookie and I mentioned the rescue. My mom got all excited and said she had their card. I thought no way- the rescue is based in San Diego, and we're about 1.5 hours north. Turns out one of the rescuers was at her nail salon and she heard her talking about dogs. Being a dog person, she started talking too, mentioned Rookie....long story short, I now have their card with a contact's #. That's SO crazy and random since they're not close by. I think my pupaloo Rookie is communicating with me and my heart (however temporarily it may be) feels a little peaceful tonight.
CK1991

Reply with quote  #63 
My sympathy to everyone who has lost a pet.

Valley____hughs, I was reading through this thread and saw your unanswered posts. I just wanted to let you know that I feel so badly for your loss and am thinking of you. I'm sure your dog Peanut was a wonderful friend and great company. You must miss him so much. Hugs to you!
CK
Valley_hughes

Reply with quote  #64 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK1991
My sympathy to everyone who has lost a pet.

Valley____hughs, I was reading through this thread and saw your unanswered posts. I just wanted to let you know that I feel so badly for your loss and am thinking of you. I'm sure your dog Peanut was a wonderful friend and great company. You must miss him so much. Hugs to you!
CK

Thank you so much. Your words give me great comfort. He was such a joy in my life and will be sorely missed.
Ginger4256

Reply with quote  #65 
Rookiesmama
They let us know they are angels in the most mysterious ways.  I'm smiling knowing that your Rook let you know.  

Reply with quote  #66 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookiesmama
I can't really believe this happened; I think it has to be my Rookie. ❤ About a week ago I was scrolling through FB (something I haven't done much since he passed) and came across a rescue in need of donations. I made a donation in my Rookie's name and didn't really give it a second thought. Today I saw my parents and we were talking about Rookie and I mentioned the rescue. My mom got all excited and said she had their card. I thought no way- the rescue is based in San Diego, and we're about 1.5 hours north. Turns out one of the rescuers was at her nail salon and she heard her talking about dogs. Being a dog person, she started talking too, mentioned Rookie....long story short, I now have their card with a contact's #. That's SO crazy and random since they're not close by. I think my pupaloo Rookie is communicating with me and my heart (however temporarily it may be) feels a little peaceful tonight.

I’m happy your boy Rookie is giving you signs 💕 they are always with us. 🐾

Rookiesmama

Reply with quote  #67 
Ginger and Jenny,
It's still hard for me to believe the odds of that happening. I have definitely felt more peaceful since my Mom mentioned it. Still missing him like crazy, but I'll take any amount of peace. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks so I know it will be rough. I hope my students get me distracted and i'm not watching the clock like on past Fridays.
JennyTeddy

Reply with quote  #68 
Rookiesmama,

I believe it happened and it’s Rookie. I’m happy you feel more peace since 💛 I hope tonight you’re able to sleep well and tomorrow I know will be hard for you, 3 weeks... another week passing. I remember dreading each new day, each new week and knowing the 1 month mark coming up, I just wanted to slam on the breaks of time, I wasn’t ready for 1 month, let alone now 3 months 😓 my heart, comfort thoughts and prayers go out to you. I hope your student bring some light and positive distractions into your painful Friday. I’ll be thinking of you. Sending you big hugs. I bet now Rookie comes along with you when you’re teaching since he in his spirit form no one can see him ☺️😘

Rookiesmama

Reply with quote  #69 
My Rookie dog,
How is it almost 3 weeks since I pet you, or told you face to face how much I love you?? Tomorrow at around 2p you had to leave. I look at your collar, hanging on one of my favorite pictures and remember taking it off of you before your doggie doctor came in. I just can't believe it's not on you now. Without thinking I got on FB and the very first thing was this memory. I can't decide if FB is being mean, or if i'm supposed to be happy seeing this. It did make me laugh, but then I looked at that same section of the couch and felt sad, so I'm undecided. I love you my handsome. Mama misses you.

Attached Images
jpeg Screenshot_20180809-213351_Facebook.jpg (500.05 KB, 9 views)

Rookiesmama

Reply with quote  #70 
Thank you Jenny. The sleep thing is super frustrating. Some days are awful and some a get a few hours at a time. Ine had one REALLY good night, but my gosh, what a process!

Yes, I DEFINITELY want to slam on the brakes. It doesn't seem possible that the world moves on and I'm supposed to function normally without my boy. My class has been pretty good so far (honeymoon phase, lol) and I have two pictures of Rookie I brought to work, so i get to see him all day. ❤ I ordered a personalized collage frame on shutterfly and that'll be coming next week and I can bring that to work as well. It's painful to see the pictures alf now he won't be at home, but I think making it through the long day without seeing any pictures of him would be worse.

I hope you have a good weekend. Tomorrow is busy for me, which is sometimes good because otherwise I keep myself home and really lack motivation-- and I've never been the type!!
JennyTeddy

Reply with quote  #71 
Rookies Mama,

Oh I understand the lack of motivation and not being that type. That’s how I feel. Oh yeah the sleep thing is so hard with grief, you’ll go a week or so without getting barley any sleep or if you do it’s not a good deep sleep, then after a week or so goes by of 💩 sleep then finally you get one night of good sleep and you feel like “yay” I’m hopes that you’re back to getting sleep, but nope! Just kidding hello another week or so of bad sleep. It’s so hard. I was thankful to have slept 3 days for 7 hours but lately the been 6 hours or 6 hours 30 minutes and personally for me I feel sick if I get less than 7 hours. I do hope you get more nights of good sleep.

It does help to have pictures of our babies to see, especially when you’re at work and the picture collage frame will be wonderful! I have a big picture wall collage in my bedroom across from my bed so every morning I can look at Teddy of all different pictures, I have him a the photo wallpaper on my phone, anywhere I could have a photo I have, so I see him all the time. Because like you said, it would be hard not seeing any pictures of them.

I hope you have a good weekend too. You’ll be in my thoughts 💛

Rookiesmama

Reply with quote  #72 
Jenny,
I seriously had to force myself to do the dishes and wash. 😟 Good thing I have a lot of clothes! Still though, it makes me feel pathetic, which doesn't help my mood. It's such a vicious cycle, isn't it?!
MAlcindor

Reply with quote  #73 
Doing laundry is so sad for me. Max and Bailey used to roll around and hide in the dirty laundry as I separated the different loads. Then they'd steal the occasional sock. ❤️

https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/MAX42339/Resident.htm
https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BAILE490/Resident.htm

Rookiesmama

Reply with quote  #74 
Malcindor,
Rookie would lay on the bed and supervise😊❤

Rookiesmama

Reply with quote  #75 
I realized the other day that although Rookie has been gone just over three weeks, he hasn't been in our house for five weeks since he was at my parents while I was out of town. That really took my breath away and made me sad. It's not like the two weeks is much more, but it seems like it... does that make any sense?!? I just can't believe he hasn't laid on his rugs, used his doggie door or gone in his backyard to lay in the sun for five weeks. I can still see him in these places, and it's just hard to understand he'll never be using these things again. His beds and toy basket are still out, and I know at some point I need to put them away, but I don't think I'm ready yet. 💔
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.