Forum

Author   Comment   Page 4 of 32      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   Next   »
Rookiesmama

Reply with quote  #46 
MJ,
I'm trying not to let myself dwell on why he stopped eating and drinking (meds, anxiety from injury, anxiety from fireworks/ thunder) because what's done is done and I can't reverse my decision. I'm not second guessing myself as often (baby steps, right?!?) because I realized it eas just making me more sad. I am thankful his vet is amazing and I got to try and help him and basically just lay with him and love him his final two days. I'm not sure if I mentioned it in my original post, but the day I said goodbye, he was willing to eat two cups of vanilla ice cream. That's a memory I'll always be thankful to have.

Thank you Cody, MJ, and Sil. I appreciate your reassurances and kind words. ❀
It really was amazing; the butterfly seemed to come out of nowhere and to come to me while I was in one of Rookie's spots feeling sad.... it's just amazing. I felt so peaceful after seeing it. I miss my Rookie so much; I just want to feel that he's happy and at peace.
JennyTeddy

Reply with quote  #47 
Thinking of you and Rookie πŸ’™

Attached Images
jpeg A7D33CF1-788D-4271-96B1-BF77F1D45175.jpeg (212.96 KB, 4 views)

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.
β™‘

Rookiesmama

Reply with quote  #48 
Jenny,
I LOVE that saying! It's so true!! I am that person who would choose spending time with my dog over most people-I bet you are too! Lol. Dogs (animals!) are just so amazing.

Christmas in August?! This picture makes me happy... he insisted on helping and I couldn't resist! ❀

Attached Images
jpeg 1221131436a.jpg (346.25 KB, 2 views)

Bailey15

Reply with quote  #49 
Melissa,
I didn't read about the ice cream before but that is an amazing memory; knowing you were able to give Rookie such a wonderful treat and he enjoyed it! These are the memories that will make your heart smile.❀️
MJ
JennyTeddy

Reply with quote  #50 
Jenny,
I LOVE that saying! It's so true!! I am that person who would choose spending time with my dog over most people-I bet you are too! Lol. Dogs (animals!) are just so amazing.

Christmas in August?! This picture makes me happy... he insisted on helping and I couldn't resist! ❀

Rookies Mama,

You’re exactly right πŸ˜‰ I would rather spend my days with Teddy than with anyone else πŸ’• I chose Teddy over anyone, I was happiest with him ❀️ Photos of our babies warm my heart ❀️

Rookiesmama

Reply with quote  #51 
Tomorrow is my first day back at work where I actually have to see people, and I'm dreading it. I'm sure I'll hear so many empty "I'm sorry's," and people wanting to know how I am. I really rather hide in my room and finish preparing for the kids. On Friday someone gave me a sympathy card, and while I know she meant well, she wrote how I handle this shows what kind of person I am. So, being upset/sad makes me weak (or that's how I took it). Tomorrow is going to be be a long day πŸ˜•
MAlcindor

Reply with quote  #52 
Melissa, I really wish you lots of peace tomorrow. It is going to be rough seeing everyone for the first time. I know I dreaded going back to work each of the two times knowing there would be that one person who would say the wrong thing and just make me cry. Just know we are all thinking of you.

https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/MAX42339/Resident.htm
https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BAILE490/Resident.htm

Rookiesmama

Reply with quote  #53 
Thank you so much Malcindor ❀
Rookiesmama

Reply with quote  #54 
Rookie, today was such a long, tedious day and all I really wanted was to see you when I got home- or pick you up from Grandma and Grandpa's as they often watched you on long days! I just want to lay with you and pet you, but I will have to make due with watching some of your videos. I miss you always, but the mornings and evenings are the hardest.... you know I'd always get sidetracked by your cuteness, almost to the point of leaving late for work. It's so hard to sit in the morning and eat my cereal and not save you some....I love you my Handsome boy. Come visit me in my dreams tonight.
Rookiesmama

Reply with quote  #55 
The last two days have really been difficult. My students come tomorrow, so this week it's been back to a regular work schedule. It's so weird not having to rush home to Rookie... then I get so sad thinking how much I would like to hurry home to see him. πŸ’”πŸ’” I'd be stressed or angry or just tired and he'd always make it better. I miss how he'd be SO excited to see me, but wouldn't say hello until he picked the ball he wanted to play with. Then we'd go in the backyard and he'd be so excited to roll in the grass and go potty (this still makes me laugh as he had a doggie door and could go out whenever) . Now when I get home it's so quiet and I'm just by myself. When it's cooler I need to start walking, although it feels like it'll be so weird to walk alone.

Rookie, I really, really miss you and have felt on the verge of tears for the last two days. I can't believe you're not physically here, it just doesn't seem possible. I'm so angry our time was cut short. I hope you're happy and know how much I love you.
MAlcindor

Reply with quote  #56 
I hope your first days back haven't been too rough on you. The empty quiet house is one of the worse things to have to deal with. As my time to leave work approaches every day my heart sinks and I don't want to come home. When I get home I always sit in my car in the driveway and take deep breaths. Sometimes as I drive up I think I hear Max's barks, he used to get so happy when he would hear my car approach. I would tell you that I hope the weekday goes by quick, but I know the weekends don't spare us from the pain. I hope you're able to get some good rest tonight, and that your Rookie visits you.

Valley_hughes

Reply with quote  #57 
Hello. I’m so sorry for your loss. I had my baby Peanut put to sleep last night and I am also having a hard time with my decision, even though it was agreed that it was the right one. You are not alone in your pain and agony. It sucks so bad but I feel like our fur babies let us know in their own way when they are ready. Still so agonizing.
Valley_hughes

Reply with quote  #58 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAlcindor
I hope your first days back haven't been too rough on you. The empty quiet house is one of the worse things to have to deal with. As my time to leave work approaches every day my heart sinks and I don't want to come home. When I get home I always sit in my car in the driveway and take deep breaths. Sometimes as I drive up I think I hear Max's barks, he used to get so happy when he would hear my car approach. I would tell you that I hope the weekday goes by quick, but I know the weekends don't spare us from the pain. I hope you're able to get some good rest tonight, and that your Rookie visits you.

I was just telling my husband that when the kids go back to school it’s going to be so hard. My dog Peanut wasn’t very active but he was a comfort to have around.
Rookiesmama

Reply with quote  #59 
Malcindor,
I've been sitting for a few minutes when I get home too. I park in the garage and I'd always hear Rookie running in the backyard, then he'd come by the alley and I'd be able to see him by the dryer thing. Rookie and my neighbor's dog would always "talk, " back and forth and I wonder what that dog thinks now. Seeing that dog makes me so angry/sad though.... his people never bring him in the house or interact with him, and while I certainly don't want anything to happen to him, it just seems so unfair that they get to have him while my Rookie is gone. πŸ’”

I hope Rookie visits me tonight too. I've been asking him.
MAlcindor

Reply with quote  #60 
πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’” Nothing seems fair now that our babies are gone. I hope our babies visit us tonight.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.