KurumiChan101
Hello all,

I feel as though I can be more honest over a screen rather than in person, so I would like to share a bit of the story of my wonderful cat Louie in hopes that this will ease the suffering and sadness that I have been feeling.

I'm having a lot of trouble coping with the loss of my best friend. We unfortunately had to make the decision to put him to sleep yesterday due to his severe dehydration as a result of his liver failure. I wanted to believe that the vet was joking when she first mentioned all of this to us. But when she stated that we would have to consider putting him to sleep, I felt as thought my heart stopped. This moment, in addition to the last few moments I spent with Louie continuously play over and over in my head. I recall his face as they took him out of my arms and into the back room, and i just end up crying every time.

I don't know how to deal with not being able to see him everyday when I get home, or holding him close to me as I fall asleep. Our home just feels empty and strange without Louie around. I miss him so much and I sometimes walk around the house in hopes that I'll find him there, despite knowing that I won't see him again. Can anyone offer me advice as to how they dealt with this pain?
Quote 0 0
NormaT
I'm sorry for your loss.
The replay in your head is awful. Try to distract yourself and replace it with good memories.
When our dog Spike was put to sleep 3 months ago I really thought I was loosing my mind as the pain was unbearable. It does get better but it is very slow and there are lots of hurdles to overcome along the way.
The best advice I can give is to come here often. I can't describe how much it has helped me and ,in turn, being able to help others has been the most therapeutic part of it.

Norma
Norma 
Quote 0 0
Ell99
hi- i am so sorry of the loss of your louie. what we are going thru is the most horrible feeling. you are not alone. ive been reading posts about people not wanting to live anymore. i can understand that but everyone has also said it does get better slowly. please just take one day at a time. expect to feel sad and slowly ive been assured it gets better. better i mean that we are able to cope. please come to the forum when you need to talk. i havent told anyone that ive joined here cause they probably wouldnt understand. you are not alone. thinking of you.x
Quote 0 0
Ell99
norma - sorry for the loss of your beautiful spike. im glad i read that you were feeling like going out of your mind. ive had those thoughts also.- also the cant sleep, stomach constantly churning-not to mention missing my little loved one so much. ive had 3 miserable weeks - i cannot change it. im just hoping as everyone says it does slowly get better. thinking of you also.
Quote 0 0
johill2011
I would just like to say how sorry I am for your loss and know and understand the pain and sorrow you are experiencing right now.

I lost my handsome boy Mr Mizzy Dec 4th 2015 also from severe dehydration due to kidney disease.  It's been nearly 6 months now and I am still feeling the loss of my boy and miss him so much.  The day I had to say goodbye to him felt like I was trapped in some sort of nightmare, it all happened so quickly.  One minute we were in the consulting room, and amist a sea of tears and confusion I was saying goodbye and holding him in my arms one last time.  I still find this really hard to talk about...it's all still so raw even after 6 months.  Mr Mizzy was my best friend and soulmate, I look for him every day in his usual spots and talk to him all the time.  I have his ashes on the bed with me where he used to sleep.

I have been in the place that you are in now, it is hard at first I know.  The pain is so unbearable but you have to try and think of all the good times you and Louie shared.  This might not happen for a few weeks as you have to go through the grieving in your own time and cry as much as you need to.  It will get easier, from my experience I can honestly say that and eventually you will have days where you don't cry and you will start to get on with your life again.  Of course you will never forget about Louie, he will always be with you.  Just take it one day at a time, and keep talking on this forum and everyone on here is and has been through the pain of losing a fur baby.  Perhaps, when you are feeling a little bit stronger you could post a picture of Louie.

Sending you a big hug.

Mr Mizzy's mum
Quote 0 0
elliemeewiz
Hi Kurimichan,  I'm so sorry for your loss of Louie. It's the most painful thing to go through.. it's very, very hard to adjust to such a loss. It may not help much but try to remember that he loved you more than anything just like you loved him and keep that feeling of love with you. It sounds like your loss of him was sudden which can make it even more of a shock. Talk with your family and friends and everyone here, hopefully it will help you get through this. I'm going through this for the 6th time and it doesn't get easier. I think it is much worse this time in many ways because I feel totally alone now without my Wizberry... we still have Syb but I'm not as bonded with her but still I'm thankful to have her and I know I have to help her because she is grieving too and she needs me. hugs to you <3
My beloved sweet Tess August 1999 - February 21 2001
My beloved loyal Byron March 1998 - April 28 2008
My sweet beloved girlie Angelina April 2001- September 2012
Me & my sweet beloved Wizberry forever 1998- April 21, 2016
My sweet beloved Snow Goddess Sybil girlie April 2001- May 11,2018
Quote 0 0