ksfrick
I feel like I am sinking.  Going through some hard times and don't have my one constant to help me through.  

I took our regular walk today.  Going by the creek I remember I used to tell Bubba to go get a drink on hot days at a certain spot.  This morning he was so on my mind as I walked alone with my sad thoughts, missing him so much.  When I reached the spot where Bubba would drink there were sunbeams shining through the trees onto the water.  I knew he was comforting me.  I miss him so much.  

Yesterday I was looking for an old email.  I accidentally came across an email to one of my daughters (from 2008) telling her we weren't going to get Max, a dog at the pound (the folks at the shelter felt Max would be better somewhere without small children and we have several grandchildren) but that one of my other daughters had found a boxer on Pet Finders named Bubba.  We were considering putting in an application....  and that's where our story began.  I was reminded how close I came to never having him in our life.  Plus, he was in a high kill shelter.  I shudder to think what might have happened.

Here is the picture that was posted on Pet Finders

Bubba's Mom

Bubba's Mom
Quote 0 0
KathyT
What a handsome boy Bubba was. Like you today I am having a hard day. My last week of summer before school starts( teacher) I wish my little girl was here to say good morning, I didn’t even wanted to get up. My sons 18 and 12 are here I have to go on. The house is quiet our bird won’t sing our guinea pigs who are usually loud are so quiet. I feel like going crazy. I am sorry you are feeling like this. All I can tell you is there are people here that know your pain very well. I send hugs that’s all I can do, I cannot tell you it will be ok. Because my hear just like yours is full of pain.
Quote 0 0
laurasgrafix
I just had to put my beloved Hazel to sleep. I know it was the right thing to do but I am just devastated and can not stop crying... Bubba was a beautiful dog. Hugs to you
Laura Dixon
Quote 0 0
ksfrick
Kathy - it's actually a comfort to hear you have no advice.  If you did, that would indicate there's a way to quickly get past the pain of losing such a significant part of my life and of course, there isn't.  I almost welcome the grief.  I don't want to put Bubba's memory aside like he didn't mean anything to me.  I want to remember and be grateful for the part he played in my life.

Laura - we had to put Bubba to sleep also.  Like you, I know it was the right thing to do.  He was ready to go - he knew we were in the best place to be without him we possibly could be.  He stayed longer than he wanted I think for our sakes.

Thank you both for your words.  Yes, my Bubba was a handsome boy but the most beautiful part of him was his heart.  He was as loving and loyal as they come.

Hugs to both of you in your healing.  It's so hard.
Bubba's Mom
Quote 0 0
Rookiesmama
Kate,
Isn't it amazing how they choose us?! Bubba was meant to be yours❤❤ When I went to adopt my Rookie, he wasn't even on my radar-i had viewed several videos of other dogs and I spent time with those in the play yard. They were all wonderful of course, but I just didn't know. My friend who was working there at the time wanted to show me one more- my Rookie! From the moment she brought him out, he only wanted to sit by me, he had no interest in playing. I knew he was mine! I'll keep you and your sweet Bubba in my thoughts.
Quote 0 0