Forum

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 3      Prev   1   2   3
Tig2019Michelle

Reply with quote  #31 
He's a gorgeous 🐈
BorderCollieLover

Reply with quote  #32 
Stealthcat:

Glad to hear that you went for a walk in the park today. The exercise can be helpful. The rock that read "Start each day with a Grateful Heart" is spot-on. I know it doesn't seem like it right now, but everyone in this Forum was so very fortunate to have had their beloved pets in their lives. We all had something truly special and now we have face the fact that it will never be the same. So, in the grand scheme of things, I am truly grateful for having had my little girl in my life. I wouldn't have traded it for anything. 

Jim

Reply with quote  #33 
I completely agree! We've all been so blessed to have those very special family members in our lives. I know the loss has been difficult, but it was worth it for all the years of loving companionship!
CatLover72

Reply with quote  #34 
Hi Guys! On Wednesday we go to the Animal Shelter here in Portugal with some money. The day after Frankie passed we had to do something and so I started the Frankie Foundation. We didn’t collect much, but the process of doing it has helped to give a purpose to his death. It’s a multiple winner because not only do we feel better but the donators have a reason and the animals have some funding. Do I wish it was different? Sure I do. What wouldn’t I give to have Frankie here instead of talking about him in a past tense...but I can’t change it. Now we will be able to fund some other guys who still have a chance...that makes me smile...but it’s been tough. We are doing it and it’s all for Frankie. If you are at a loss, it’s so easy to do more for others. I’m not trying to be clever or play it down, losing Frankie hurt and it still does but it’s essential to keep going as we did. We helped him and he us, but he’s gone. In his name we have something which helps others.

Hope you’re all starting to catch the curve. 👍🏻👍🏻

Attached Images
jpeg FBB4AD55-06BA-477E-BAF5-1DB3128CC6BD.jpeg (127.23 KB, 10 views)

Michelemh

Reply with quote  #35 
Jim - I am thankful I had my dog. She was a once in a life time dog. She was perfect. But like you said life will never be the same. That is still a heart ache.

Michele
Gingers_Mommy

Reply with quote  #36 
@ Catlover72,

Dealing with the loss my baby girl Ginger has been excruciating. Yesterday morning however I volunteered for about 4 hours with the cats up for adoption. I cared for 11 different fur babies. Helping them brought such relief to my heart. It doesn't replace Ginger. She's irreplaceable. But it did my soul so much good to offer my time , care and companionship to so many cats without a forever home.
CatLover72

Reply with quote  #37 
Gingers Mommy. Isn’t it just a weight off to try and turn it around and make something good happen in amongst all of the painful emotions we have had. That’s a great step and I’m glad that you see the way that it could help others. Really great news!!
Becky1990

Reply with quote  #38 
Catlover72 and Gingers_Mommy,
You two are such an inspiration and what a huge step forward!! It warms my heart and your furbabies are so proud of you's. It is easy to get caught up in our grief, but stepping out on a leap of faith is encouraging all of us here. Thank you so much for what you's did 💛💛
Gingers_Mommy

Reply with quote  #39 
@Catlover72 & Becky1990

it def does lighten my heart to help the others. And yes I hope this serves as an inspiration to others. It was a breath of fresh air for my heart.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.