nina555 Show full post »
Chinadoll
Mistymama, thank you for posting about the 'feelings' that come and go, especially the detachment at times. It was so helpful to read what you said. Some days I have a numb cold feeling, I look at her little box of ashes and no tears, no anxiety, just a numbness. I would wonder why? It scared me a little. But then a few days later the tears, emotions, pain all would return. I guess this is normal sometimes.
Charlie
Quote 0 0
Sunshineambi
It's been really helpful reading your experiences of grief. It's two weeks yesterday since I lost my four year old cat Amber to FIP. The last few days I felt a lot better and became distracted by other things. In fact the past 3 days I hadn't cried at all. But today it hit me again. My partner is away and I'm in the house alone tonight. I think it's hit me because normally I'm never alone in the house over night even if my partner goes away, which he doesn't do often, because Amber is always here. Getting distracted for a few days makes it all the harder, because when you have time to think about it again it suddenly hits you. I keep thinking it's not real and she's still here and then I remember it is real and she really is gone. It's so hard. I know I'm progressing through different stages of grief but I think this one of getting distracted and then having times of thinking about it and feeling really sad - will probably last a lot longer than the earlier stages of grief that I went through in the first 10 days or so. This foreum
Is so helpful though. Xx
Quote 0 0
Marie123
Yup even as we speak I've had to rewind American Pickers 3 or 4 times cuz I couldn't remember who bought what lol! I tell Raven good morning and good night every day and talk to her just like she's still here with all the other pets. I stare at her urn like it's gonna meow. Just stare. It's weird. I think I freak my friends out. I have recently had a lampwork glass pendant made by a lady who's got a store on Etsy.com called reflectioninglass that's got some of Raven's cremains worked into it. It's absolutely beautiful and not a bad price. The owner is a great person to work with. I'm hoping that wearing it will help me feel as if I'm taking my dear girl along with me everywhere.
Blessings to you all. 🌈💕
Quote 0 0
Kimb23
Hi Nina,

I an so very sorry for your loss. Everything you are describing is normal. Everyone grieves differently and there is no right or wrong way to grieve.

I tragically lost my 9 year old yorkie 4 months ago. She was mauled to death by another dog. What I experienced was traumatic and I had a tough time coping at first. I found a great grief therapist who specializes in trauma and she has been very helpful. I also joined a local pet loss support group that I attend once a month. I have been able to create a memorial for my dog Brooklyn and it has helped, but there are days when I just have to cry and I don't feel like doing anything. The pain is still there but there are days that are better.

Quote 0 0
Marie123
Amen. I have my good days and bad days. It's nothing to be ashamed and we shouldn't lock our pain inside. We were blessed with these animals for a reason!
Quote 1 0