Courtney8982
It's been a few days now since pumpkin has been gone. I still miss him so much. I would give anything just to see him again. I am finding today to be easier than Friday was. Tonight I am going to a pet loss support group and hope that it helps. You all have been wonderful in here and I will continue to come here too. What hurts the most is knowing I'll never have another cat like pumpkin. He was one of a kind and I wonder if I'll ever get another. My son is 4 months old, maybe when he's a bit older. Anyway everyone I hope you're all feeling better every day, no matter where you're at in the process. This is my first time so I don't know what to expect.
Quote 0 0
Sasha
I hope your support group helps but it's early days yet so don't expect too much and allow yourself to grieve for as long as it takes . I lost my 3 yr old cat Ollie on Feb 2oth after a short illness and I still cry over him every day. He too was one of a kind and I'll never have another like him. I was offered a kitten today and shortly after I got a call to collect ollies ashes. I feel a bit guilty for taking in a new kitten today of all days and hope I did the right thing but I really wanted a cat and knowit will never replace Ollie but might help to have something to concentrate on.
Annette
Quote 0 0
Courtney8982
Orange cats are the best. If I do ever get another cat I will get another orange boy. I got pumpkins ashes back yesterday. So hard.
Quote 0 0
Wileykitten
Courtney I just wanted to check in and see how u are holding up.... I know getting the ashes back is so hard ther are no words to describe it.
Take all the time u need to grieve, no matter what anyone says. Only ur heart can decide when its ready.

Praying

Love, Stacie
Quote 0 0
Beaglemomma
Grief has NO time line.  There is no right or wrong.  For me-----it is taking WAY too long, but I knew it would.  When you have that "once in a lifetime" pet losing them is just beyond words to describe the hole left in our lives.

I do hope your support group helps you.  Everyone here is sending you good thoughts and wishes too.
janice
Quote 0 0
Ciscolala
Courtney8982 wrote:
It's been a few days now since pumpkin has been gone. I still miss him so much. I would give anything just to see him again. I am finding today to be easier than Friday was. Tonight I am going to a pet loss support group and hope that it helps. You all have been wonderful in here and I will continue to come here too. What hurts the most is knowing I'll never have another cat like pumpkin. He was one of a kind and I wonder if I'll ever get another. My son is 4 months old, maybe when he's a bit older. Anyway everyone I hope you're all feeling better every day, no matter where you're at in the process. This is my first time so I don't know what to expect.

Hi Courtney, how did the support group go? I wish in my home town they would have something like that so I could attend. Take care.
Sherry
Quote 0 0