Genuinity
My lovely cat, Midnight, who was only around 3 years old, died on March 11, 2018 due to a urinary obstruction. I can't stop reading about urinary obstructions and how preventable they are. I feel completely guilty. He had been peeing on clothing and in other random places in the living room and because I am expecting a child, I couldn't handle the smells. I was his favorite and he was always near me but during those final days, I was not near him. My boyfriend placed him in my boyfriend's game room so that I would not smell any of the pee. Well, I think that made things even worse. Just two days later, he collapsed from lethargy and then we noticed his bladder was incredibly large. We took him to the emergency vet and the vet extracted blood and said his potassium levels were very high and that chances were low but they would try to save him. An hour later, he asked me if they should continue CPR. My best friend was dead.

I just feel at fault because it is so preventable, over 90% of cats survive if their humans notice early. I know it is partially my fault. Every time I have to pee and cannot go right away, I think of how awful he must have felt of having to feel that sensation of being unable to pee for as long as a day or two. I just feel awful. I wish I would have researched his behavior. I wish I would have done things differently. I miss him so much. I love you, Midnight.
Quote 0 0
Darkdrium
I am really really sorry to hear about Midnight. I lost my beloved Chihuahua yesterday too. I wish I could say something to comfort you now but I am not in the position to do so. :( But I feel the need to give my heartfelt condolences for your loss. 
Please talk to someone you can. You're going through so much pain and you need a listening ear, unfortunately I am not the person to be able to do so and the least I could do is give you my support :(.
Darren
Quote 0 0
Genuinity
I'm so sorry for your loss as well. Thank you so much for your kind words and your support. Our fury friends mean so much to us. It's hard to get past the loss but I have been trying different things to relieve the pain like writing him letters and it has helped.
Quote 0 0
exburt
Friend, hindsight is always 20/20. Coping with a pregnancy, it's totally clear how what happened, happened.  Mourn your buddy, learn from it, and most of all, I pray that what happened won't keep you from bringing another kitty into your life. 

There are a lot of kitties out there that would be honored to have you for a cat mommy. 

All the best. 
B Weinstein
Quote 0 0
Genuinity
Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. I have another kitty, Ms. Kitty, who was Midnight's girlfriend actually. We've been watching her even more carefully now. I hope to get another Bombay cat at some point in the future, but for now, I'll keep Midnight in my memories.
Quote 0 0