Cwh29

We lost our beloved golden, Blue, on 12/14.... he had liver failure and only lived a week past his diagnosis as he had probably already lived with it for awhile before we knew.  My husband and I held him while he passed... we are so thankful for that.  We knew he was living out his last hours and he couldn't stand or swallow any longer... he had been at the vet's office on IV fluids at the time so we both agreed that euthanizing him while we were both there with him, holding him, brushing him, would be the best thing for him.  He died in peace... no pain, it was just so excruciatingly hard for both of us.  We sat holding him and petting him and bawling our eyes out, for another hour right there on the vet's floor.  The next few days were a blur and the sadness is still so sharp.  I cry every day.  I just miss him so much.  We have three kids at home (ages 5, 3 and 7 months), yet this house is so lonely without Blue.  He was our first born and he was treated like royalty.  I don't think anyone had ever met a man who loved his dog as much as my husband loved Blue.  We both are struggling every day with him gone.  He was the best dog... so gentle and loving to everyone, and he loved spending time with the kids.  I know he is happy again and his health restored.  I can envision him bounding around in heaven and having the time of his life.  I just wish I could be WITH him.... I long to see him again and touch him, lay by him and let him know how much we love and miss him.  I know the pain will fade with time but gosh, it's been so hard.  Blue, I love you and miss you with all my heart.  Thanks for reading... hoping that if I get some words down it will help with my healing... for anyone else here, my heart goes out to you as you grieve your beloved pet. 

Quote 0 0
Cwh29
a picture- forgot to add to my first post!

Quote 0 0
chipperboy
Thank you so much for posting about Blue. I lost my baby two days ago due to my Golden attacking him. I love my Golden, but my Shih Tzu was my baby. I had him 15+ years and the pain is so very, very deep. I miss him so very, very much....and as you said....I want to be WITH him...to hold him, pet him, scratch him, feed him his favorite treats and just love him.

Again, thanks for posting. It is comforting in a way to know there are others grieving as badly as I am right now.

Blue was a beautiful boy!
Chipper's Mom

Momma's Chipper Boy (9/19/95 - 1/30/11) My heart, my love, my buddy! I miss you and love you so, so much! I can't wait to see you at the bridge! Love, Mommy

Lady "Ladybugs" (8/2/03 - 6/5/17) My sweet girl. Thanks for the walks, playtime, sock collection, boo boo kisses and love you gave all of us. We will miss you dearly! Until we meet again...we love you!
Quote 0 0
sydney1201
I am so sorry sweetie....I do feel the pain that you are in. It has been a couple of months for us, and everyday I shed tears. I feel as if life will never get back to normal. You did the best you could and Blue is relieved of his suffering. Grieve as much as you want, do not hold back. You and your family are in my prayers. take care.
I love you Sydney
6.4.01~12.1.10
Quote 0 0