Jules_Anne
Our mixed Shapei/boxer Tess passed away in a tragic accident in March. I still miss her so much. I try give so much love and attention to our other three dogs and I worry about them all the time. I get so anxious whenever I have to leave them. I am thinking of going for counselling as I still have so much pain and anger.
People just seem to think I should be over it by now but it still hurts so much.
Quote 0 0
MAlcindor
Jules it is unfortunate that those around you don't understand the pain you are enduring. I'm sorry about your loss and about the pain you are going through. I lost my Bailey to a dog attack almost a month ago and my Max to an illness a month before him and I still cry every single day. There is no set time when you get over the grief. The pain doesn't go away, you just adjust your life and learn to live with it. I believe there is a different aspect to the pain when we lose them to an accident because there is also so much anger. I think if you can, you should seek counseling as it may help you with coping skills. I am looking to go for myself to help me deal with my losses. The worry for your other three dogs is understandable, you have been traumatized by the accident that took your Tess. Keep posting here, everyone is very understanding as we are all going through the same pain.
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
Julie she’s beautiful I just saw her picture laying in bed. I know you love her and miss her with all your heart, I’m so sorry.
Please don’t let people make you feel you should be over this. This doesn’t just go away they mean so much to us and it hurts for a long time really bad.
The circumstances really raise the anger level. Because of how it happened talking to someone may help you sort out the anger. How is your relationship with him right now? It’s really tragic and my heart goes out to you. Please be kind to You and love on those other babies, I care,,,,,
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0
Jules_Anne
Thank you so much for your kind and comforting words. Some days are easier than others but the pain is always there.
I do think I need to go for counselling as I still have so much anger. I just keep thinking it wasn't her time and she should still be with us.
Quote 0 0
ksfrick
Jules Anne I am so sorry.  I lost 3 dogs in a tragic accident 15 year ago.  I can say it doesn't haunt me anymore but it did for a long time.  

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since I lost my boxer Bubba.  He was old an lived out his life in a quality way.  I am more attached to him than any dog I have ever had but there is peace around knowing he lived a full and happy life, loved as fully as possible.  

Losing them too early does add a whole new level to the pain.  

No one has the right to judge how long or how deeply you grieve.  I hope you have people in your life who give you all the space and support you need.  Losing our fur babies is heart wrenching.

Hugs to you and I will keep you and Tess in my thoughts and prayers.

Bubba's Mom
Bubba's Mom
Quote 0 0
Millie18
Jules Anne

I'm sorry to hear of your tragic loss. It takes as long as it takes. Everyone grieves differently. Counselling helps purge the feelings, especially when the loss happened so quickly and without warning.

I too lost a Shar-pei mix - it will be 3 weeks this Friday. 3 of my 4 pups have been Shar-pei mixes. You and your sweet Tess will be in my good night prayers. I hope you are able to find some peace soon
Diana

Mom to Millie, Roman, Snoopy & step sister to O'Boy
Quote 0 0