asaeampan

It's been 5 days since my poor cat PIkachu had to be put to sleep due to cancer. I am still seeing her in the corner of my eyes. Every time I see something white I think it's her paw sticking out as she's laying down. Every time I go down stairs I can't help but look for her. Every night I hope she'll visit me again despite knowing better.

It hurts, Every time that my mind plays these tricks on me. I miss her loud meows, her quiet attention and affection. It really hurts.

I Miss you Pikachu.
Quote 1 0
Memories_of_Marmalade
Those are "signs". Usually unique only to pets that we have lost and not to humans.

Think about it, when we lose a human, we don't see them out of the corner of our eye, imagine them being present, or hear them speaking to us.
Many of us have experienced similar events, sightings and signs from our lost beloved's.  And still do some time later. I finally just gave in and speak to my boy out loud. It comforts me. I sense his presense at times. It is usually very subtle. As are the signs.

I am sorry for your loss.

Kind regards,
James
Quote 1 0
Jan_H
I am very sorry for your loss of your sweet Pikachu. It's been a little more than a year since cancer forced me to say goodbye to my boy Jag. Like Pickachu he could be a loud talker and was very affectionate. Losing him was very painful but I can tell you that it does get easier over time.We'll never forget them. They've left permanent paw prints on our hearts. I hope in time that memories of Pikachu can bring you a little smile instead of pain.

My condolences,
Jan
Quote 0 0