KarenWi
I lost my best friend last Tuesday. 😭 Even though she was with me 15 years I was not prepared. Of course I knew the day would come some time, it still hurts. My cairn terrier, Jasmine, was diagnosed w bone cancer exactly a year ago. The vet amputated her front right leg. Even though it was difficult, she adjusted and learned to hop. We had to carry her a lot until she healed but I didn’t mind.
During the last few weeks, I noticed she was hopping progressively slower. There were times I found her trembling. I took her to the vet last Tuesday and we discovered she had a huge mass in the abdomen. We decided to put her to sleep. She had been such a trooper, I couldn’t stand to see her suffer anymore. 😢
I have been so depressed. I’m ok at work, because I can get my mind off it. When I’m home, there is no Jasmine hopping up to me with her tail wagging....I keep thinking about her. When will this go away?? 😭
Quote 0 0
reneem
I am so sorry for your traumatic loss!  My heart goes out to you
reneefrisko
Quote 0 0
KarenWi
Thank you!
Quote 0 0
Kayleigh1986
I lost my baby boy a week today, I found talking about him and allowing myself to feel and this forum have helped massively, sending lots of love and hugs xx
Quote 0 0
KarenWi
Thank you Kayleigh! It does help to talk to others!
Quote 0 0
Kayleigh1986
It really does, i"ve found this forum really helpful xxx
Quote 0 0
kikis_mom_1118
I went through the same. Kiki had some type of cancer removed in September 2019. The doctor told me he has seen cases where the dog doesn't make it after 2 months...true enough I had to let her go in November. I had her 14 years...she would shake to and I would give her CBD oil and carprofen for pain. She did well with it but her little body just gave out. I also do fine at work and at home sometimes. I think about her every single day. While working I would call home and ask, " How is Kiki"?...when I got home we both would be so happy to see each other. Sometimes we would just sit and look at each other. My family would shake their heads and say "what are you doing" ? My reply, " I'm looking at Kiki's face, " then we would all laugh. I miss looking at that sweet face but what do you do.
Quote 0 0
KarenWi
I know it’s hard. On my way home from work, I almost dread to get to the house. It’s so quiet now that Jasmine is gone. 😢
Quote 0 0