Jasper7
I lost my jasper Aug 7 ,and it feels like yesterday, he was my BFF , made me laugh , smile and comforted me now that's gone and a piece of me is missing, my family doesn't understand cause I'm the only one that cries for him daily , I wish the pain will go away but I know it won't cause I loved and still love my Jasper forever I know how you all feel and I'm sorry for your loss ;(
Quote 0 0
anang
Jasper was a was a handsome, sweet soul, I can tell from your pictures. 
I am so sorry for your grief.
Grief sucks! It comes and goes in waves and catapults you through a myriad of emotions that leave you exhausted, frustrated, sad and confused. Although it is difficult, please know that you are surrounded by the support of others who have experienced the death of a beloved furry baby. 
The pain will subside, I know it seems endless. Please be kind to yourself. Surround yourself with positive people, delve into activities that interest you, keep Jasper's memory alive in positive ways. 
You will find lots of positive support on this site.
Warm regards,
Katie
K. Unger
Quote 0 0
Jfromny
I lost my dear Yorkie Colby on Friday, he was my buddy through good and bad for 13 years. My husband doesn’t understand how sad I am, reminders of him are everywhere.
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Dear Deanna,

I am very sorry and saddened to learn of your recent loss. Your Jasper was obviously your "Spirit Animal." That is why you are grieving so deeply. You had a special, very deep bond that many people will never experience during their lifetime, because they never truly surrendered their heart to a "Spirit Animal."

What many of us have learned in our personal lives is to only discuss our grief, sorrow, guilt and regret here on the Rainbow Bridge Grief Forum, or with a professional therapist of some kind. As people (including relatives) often just don't get it. Again, it is because they have never truly bonded with a pet. 

They say the level of our grief is set by the level of our love for those that we have lost.

As Katie wrote, you are not alone. Your lost beloved is with you in spirit, and we here on the forum are with you in comradeship.

Kind regards & my sincerest condolences,
James
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Dear Jfromny,

I am also saddened to read of your loss. We are all here for you too and your lost loved one is still with you in spirit. They are still present all around you.

In my own extensive research of the paranormal and spiritual experiences, and my personal / firsthand experiences, I have found that severe grief can scare away our lost loved ones from visiting us, as they can misinterpret what we are feeling. They can mistakenly believe that they are causing our grief, sadness, sorrow, guilt and regret and they don't want to hurt us. So their spirit can depart or stay away.

Think about it, our pets never, ever wanted us to be sad, depressed, angry or frustrated. They wanted us to be happy, joyous and content. They saw that as their job. Their responsibility. To cheer us up each time we saw them. To entertain us even. To make us laugh.

When I remain calm, grateful, humbled and am at peace, I can feel my cat Marmalade's special spirit much better and clearer. He is present. I can feel him all around me. I felt him leave me once when I was in great pain and sadness and weeping. I could feel his energy dissipate. 

So I believe we should all be mindful of this possibility.

All my best regards and sincerest condolences,
James
Quote 0 0
Jasmines_Mom
I'm so sorry for the loss of your Jasper.  There is nothing any of us can say to take the pain away but just know you are not alone.  We are all here missing someone we loved with all our hearts.  It is hard when your family doesn't understand.  My family doesn't either and I feel like it has compounded the pain.   

I've been doing a lot of reading and listening to podcasts and the big thing I keep hearing is that you need to feel all of the feelings.  As hard as it is we need to let ourselves feel the pain and the grief and not try to bury or avoid the feelings.  If you need to cry then cry.  If you need to scream then scream.  We all grieve in our own way and there is no right or wrong way to do it and there is no time frame.  I'm told that one day we will get to the point of being able to think of the memories and smile rather than cry.  It's hard to imagine right now but one day that day will come.  

Just take care of yourself the best you can.
I miss you every minute of every day, my sweet baby Jasmine.
Quote 0 0
Jasper7
Thank you for your kind words, I'm sorry for your loss as well
Quote 0 0
Jasper7
Thank you James , you are so right in your kind words he was my spiritual animal , I'm glad I have a group who understands the pain I feel daily ,
Quote 0 0
Jasper7
You are so right cause I hide my tears frm my family cause they don't understand why I cry daily but the way you describe are grieving process is so true and I will follow your advice , thank you again
Quote 0 0