BorderCollieLover Show full post »
BoxerMomForever
Yes Jim, I go to Shop Rite as well.  Paper products have been non existent here too.  My husband was at Walgreens and picked up some paper towels.  Not sure when is the [good day] to go, when they stock?? Shopping was enjoyable now not so much, I dread it.  I just want everything back to normal......
Linda *Mom to two boxer angels* Lily {White Girl} 6/22/09 - 10/14/19  ** Ginger {Flashy Fawn Girl} 6/4/97 - 5/28/09
Quote 0 0
BorderCollieLover
Hello all:
I know that everyone on this Forum could use some uplifting news. Something that will break the cycle of grieving, negative thoughts and the realization of the new normal. I have just the thing. Pictured below is Chocolate (Border Collie) of Chocolate & Oreo fame. I couldn't find a picture of Oreo but he's here in this post in spirit. C&O knew my Shelby. As a matter of fact there was some talk that, maybe, C&O could hang out with Shelby. Unfortunately, that never happened. Shelby was around (15) and C&O were (4) when they first met. Because of the vast age difference, I made the decision to keep Shelby home. C&O can get pretty wild and I didn't want them to hurt Shelby. In her prime, Shelby was even wilder than C&O (both males). Of the two, Chocolate is a little more affectionate. He won't stop licking your face. It's a non-stop window-washing session with his tongue. His comrade, Oreo, will lay on his back and want his belly rubbed. The big difference is that Oreo has a time limit with the affection. After a few minutes, he'll stop and wander off in pursuit of other adventures. Not Chocolate. He'll continue to lick your face until every bit of saliva has been used up or you decide you've had enough. Whichever comes 1st. Bottom line: both are wonderful Border Collies. I hope this post brightens someone's day. I know posting this brightened my day.

Fondly,
Jim

Silvana's Puppy.jpg 

Jim Miller
Quote 0 0
Michelemh
He is very cute. Love his blanket. I took some things to a friend today since she moved last month. I dropped off some plants for outside, toys for the cats and treats for the dogs. The cats loved their toy one and took it to his bed. She sent me a picture. Reminds me of this picture. We couldn't go inside with the quarantine.

Michele
Quote 0 0
BoxerMomForever
How cute is Chocolate!  He has very soulful eyes.  Tell me about border collies.... how are their personalities?  I have never been in the company of them? 
Linda *Mom to two boxer angels* Lily {White Girl} 6/22/09 - 10/14/19  ** Ginger {Flashy Fawn Girl} 6/4/97 - 5/28/09
Quote 0 0
Marlene8817
Oh he is SO CUTE!  He doesn't look like a BC to me? Yes, soulful eyes indeed 🙂.  I hope everyone is healthy, I feel good, thankfully..it's going to be a very long month ahead.  Walking Billy is stressful, we have to dodge people all the time, it's a strange out there..I take him out super early when no one is around, so it's quiet and peaceful..so many people out walking and running these days.  I'm happy he is here, especially living by myself, it's nice to have him to hang out with...sending love and hugs to everyone! Marie, I'm so sorry someone stole your phone, just terrible!  Were you able to replace it yet?  Sending you a big hug!

M.
Marlene Weber
Quote 0 0
BorderCollieLover
Hi Michele:

That's a noble gesture helping out a friend. This quarantine and limited social access is really putting a strain on everyone. Stay safe and healthy.

Hi Linda:

Border Collies generally make great family pets, however there a few caveats that need to be observed. They have extremely high energy levels and need lots and lots of interpersonal attention from their human companions. Playing frisbee, walking, running, swimming, etc. are good outlets for all that energy. If you don't do that, they may develop bad social skills (herding cars, nipping at young children, aggressiveness, etc.). Take care of them and they will be your best, most loyal friend that you'll ever have.

Hi Marlene: 

Glad that Billie is OK. I would bet that before you know it, he'll be your BFF. Yes, Chocolate is very good looking (so is Oreo, his pack mate). There are so many different looks to the breed. Chocolate is the short-haired, brown with a white blaze variety. Many people people don't realize that BC's can be all black, black with the white blaze (Shelby, Puma, Bradley and Oreo), all brown, brown with a white blaze (Chocolate), all red, red with some white mixed in, all white, white with a black ring around their eyes. There's even a blue (yes, blue) tint BC that are called Blue Merle BC's. I've never seen a Blue Merle in person. I think they are mostly in Scotland, New Zealand and Australia. They are a fascinating breed. 

Fondly,
Jim
Jim Miller
Quote 0 0
BorderCollieLover
Here's a picture of Pandora (Border Collie - age 2) who is available for adoption at GHF via their courtesy listing link. Pandora is mostly white with spots of black mixed in. Her bio says that she's a lot of dog, which translated means that she's a BC with off the charts energy. I know that she'll make someone a wonderful companion dog. Unfortunately, that someone won't be me. I am not ready to let another dog into my heart and soul. Shelby left such an indelible impression on my whole psyche that I just can't do it.. I posted this picture to show that BC's come in a lot of different colors. I love them all. 
Pandora at GHF.jpg 
 Fondly,
Jim
Jim Miller
Quote 0 0
BoxerMomForever
Jim, the white one is a beauty, had no idea so many colors.  They sure sound like a real active breed.  Lol. Boxers are very active but sounds like border collies are way more. We got lucky, after Lily went through the puppy stages, she was fairly calm for a boxer.

Marlene, yes it is a strange time.  I walk alone now and I’ve never seen so many out walking and walking their dogs, who I’ve never seen before.  Lol. I’m glad you found a companion in Billy.    
Quote 0 0
BorderCollieLover
Linda:
Pandora (white with black mixed in Border Collie) sure is a looker. She's been on the GHF courtesy listing site for a few months now. I'm gonna' take a guess that knowledgeable BC people fully understand her off the charts energy level and may be taking a pass on her. Also, the current state of world affairs isn't helping either. I bet overall adoption rates are really down and may not rebound until things get better. I hope someone takes a chance on her soon. I know she'll make a great companion dog.
You mentioned that your Lily was fairly calm in her post puppy stages. You know Boxers a lot better than me.. Most that I've ever seen were very obedient and not crazy wild. Does that describe Lily? I know she was your baby. 

Fondly,
Jim
Jim Miller
Quote 0 0
Michelemh
She will be good for someone who participates in dog sports. She likely needs a home like that. If she gets along with dogs maybe another high energy dog to play with also.

Michele
Quote 1 0
BoxerMomForever
Linda:
Pandora (white with black mixed in Border Collie) sure is a looker. She's been on the GHF courtesy listing site for a few months now. I'm gonna' take a guess that knowledgeable BC people fully understand her off the charts energy level and may be taking a pass on her. Also, the current state of world affairs isn't helping either. I bet overall adoption rates are really down and may not rebound until things get better. I hope someone takes a chance on her soon. I know she'll make a great companion dog.
You mentioned that your Lily was fairly calm in her post puppy stages. You know Boxers a lot better than me.. Most that I've ever seen were very obedient and not crazy wild. Does that describe Lily? I know she was your baby. 

Fondly,
Jim

Yes Jim.  Lily was a very obedient dog, never had an accident in the house, very loving, needy girl.  Very in tune with your feelings too, boxer’s are that way.  I had a few little health issues (nothing major) from 2012-2014, she was with me through each one, my little nurse,  while my hubby was at work.  Always there by my side, she always wanted to please us.  She was REAL special to us.  I still get teary eyed thinking of her.

With all going on in the world now, I know people are fostering animals.  But I personally don’t think it is a good time to bring a dog into our lives now.  We have to worry about ourselves staying healthy.  But I sure miss having a walking buddy.

I am finally sleeping better, hopefully that continues.
Quote 0 0
BorderCollieLover
Michele:
Pandora will eventually be adopted by someone. It's just a matter of time. Current world events are probably factoring into that as well. Yes, having another high energy dog for her to play with would be ideal. Or, a person that is really physically fit and patient. 

Warmest regards,
Jim
Jim Miller
Quote 0 0
BoxerMomForever
7BD6ED40-7067-4412-8EBF-39D9D24A61C7.jpeg  Here is a photo of me and Lily. Last June, her 10th Birthday.  I had a feeling something was going on with her then and was afraid it was her last birthday celebration. 😢 This last photo of the two of us, will always be treasured. 
Quote 0 0
Michelemh
Very nice. I wish they were all still here.

Michele
Quote 1 0
BorderCollieLover
Linda:

That's a great picture of you and Lily. I like the bandanna she's wearing. What a sweetheart she was. Thanks for sharing.

Fondly,
Jim
Jim Miller
Quote 1 0