Forum

Author   Comment   Page 21 of 21     «   Prev   18   19   20   21
BoxerMomForever

Reply with quote  #301 
Thanks Jim. I like to check that too.

Reply with quote  #302 
Jim, I feel for you about the loss of Wrigley and Tazor too.
Apart from them being a connection with Shelby, they were also your friends.
I felt a similar loss when Jet passed, and though it was a different circumstance, when the woman came back for the little cat I looked after for so long. I missed her daily company very much. The only consolation with the cat, is that I know she is happy now in her new home, and it is a good place to spend her old-age years.

But we do still very much miss our friends when they have to move on.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
BorderCollieLover

Reply with quote  #303 
Linda:

Should be an interesting docu-series. Starts Feb. 3rd and runs for about (10) days. Make sure that you sign up early. 

Mistysmama:

Thanks for your kind words about Wrigley & Tazor. I bet that you were sad when Jet passed. Based on what I saw of Jet and Misty in those pictures that you posted, they were good buddies. Shelby knew Wrigley and Tazor well. She used to go over to our fence and growl at them (and show her teeth). Shelby was still a warrior and fighter as an older dog. 
I wanted to mention that I was watching A Movie Trailer on You Tube recently. The movie was called Babe. 
You know the one about the talking pig who befriended a bunch of Border Collies. The reason that I'm mentioning this is that the one Border Collie (Nell, I think) reminds me so much of Shelby. Tears were rolling down my face while watching that. Yeah, I know Babe is a kid's movie and pure fantasy but I wanted to watch it just to see the Border Collies. I got hooked on BC's at an early age and just love the breed to pieces.

Sending warmest regards and positive thoughts your way,

Jim

Reply with quote  #304 
Jim - Yes, Temple Grandin is a remarkable person. I read her autobiography ages ago as well, and besides the great fortune of having a mother who made sure her daughter learned the necessary social skills to survive and thrive, animals were a constant presence in TG's life as well.

I've no doubt you were greatly moved by the Babe movie. It's astonishing how many movies, cultural references, and ads have animals front and centre. At the same time, the concept of deeply grieving the loss of an animal companion is marginalised within the mainstream. For me, the litmus test of anyone's character was the way they treated animals - lacking a fundamental respect for animals of all species was a glaring red flag.

True companionship is grossly overlooked as a critical aspect of existence. It's so easy to chase all the superficially glittering ambitions in life - scintillating careers/wealth, social stimulation/status, exciting yet ephemeral relationships. Simple, authentic companionship (be that with animals or humans) is a priceless gift; when it's gone you realise how impoverished most other material benefits are.

Looking forward to the documentary in Feb. Thanks again for the info.

Warmest regards for everyone at the start of a fresh week.

Marlene8817

Reply with quote  #305 
Hi Everyone, thank you for all your kind words, I really feel you all really understand what I'm feeling each and every day.  I had a horrible dream about Molly the other night and I woke up feeling terrible.  Thanks Jim for the docu-series info I will definitely check it out.  I'm really trying with my self care, but anything else that can possibly help is most welcome!  Babe was such a great movie, I wanted a pet pig forever! I'm sure it really moved you seeing all the Border Collies running around, the emotional triggers are never ending.  

Hugs to everyone, I hope you have a good week ahead...

Marlene

Reply with quote  #306 
Marlene:

Glad that you're okay. Yes, that movie Babe is a fantasy but I just love the Border Collies. I hope that you will be checking in on that docu-series starting Feb. 3rd. Let me know if you need any additional info to sign up. I'm going back up to visit Shelby on the 25th of January. I wanted to go up this weekend (the 18th) but have too much going on and can't sneak away. I really miss her so much. Such a big part of my life. She's in my thoughts and prayers each day. People are still asking me if I'm ready for another dog. No, I'm not ready. Shelby was a once-in-a-lifetime dog and I still need to embrace that - however long that takes.

Fondly,

Jim

Reply with quote  #307 
Hi Jim, I feel the same way, I'm just not ready for a new dog..I held her collar today and just broke down, it felt like a stab in the heart..I miss her so much, it still really hurts each and every day.  She was also a once-in-a-lifetime dog.  Yes, however long it takes, maybe I'll never be ready.  I've really gotten into exercising lately to fill my time, which has been really helpful for me.  Oh after watching Babe, I didn't eat any pork for 2 years!  "That'l do pig, that'l do..."

Reply with quote  #308 
Marlene - I sometimes pick up and hold Onyx's collar. It has no smell of her for some reason. She never smelled at all but there is nothing. Sometimes I shake it around so the tag makes a noise. It sounds like her when she would get up and shake her body.

Jim - I emailed about the series and did not hear back. I don't see anything about it on their web site.

Michele
BorderCollieLover

Reply with quote  #309 
Michele:

Try this link from Johnathan Otto's Facebook page:  depressionanxietyseries.com 
I tried it and it worked for me. Scroll to the bottom of the page and they will ask for your: 1st name and a valid e-mail address. Just enter those and it should register you for the series. I didn't realize it at the time but this series actually debuted back in 2019. This is a 2nd showing beginning Feb. 3rd. I missed it last year, so I want to check it out now. 

Let me know if this works for you. Not sure why they didn't respond to you. 

Fondly,

Jim

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.