Forum

Author   Comment  
Debi

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi, I'm still grieving over having to have my Poohbear put to sleep 3 weeks ago. I still sob everynight. I met my Pooh 15 years ago...and he came into my life when I was sad at sending my last child to college. So...he was my baby, friend, companion, gave me unconditional love. I still feel like I need to ask him if he's okay. Happy. And forgives me for not being there during his last few min.  My husband took him. I did hold and love him saying good bye and I'm so sorry...but he was concerned at my crying, and I'm not sure he understood.
  I did buy and read the book "Animals in the Afterlife" which was wonderful, and helped some...I'm still waiting for my "sign". I think I would feel so much better if I just knew he was alright and understood what was happening. I do know in my heart I made the right decision...his little body was just shutting down according to the vet. And he didn't deserve to suffer. Thanks for listening....you all understand what it is to lose your baby. My heart still hurts...and my tummy still protests when I eat...

Reply with quote  #2 
Dear Debi,

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.  Pooh knows how you love him, and he knows that being there was just more than you could handle.  He understands, and there is nothing to forgive as far as he is concerned.  He did understand.

You have probably already received signs that were so subtle you didn't catch them.  After we said goodbye to T.J. (my profile picture kitty), we got a sign within the first hour.  It was very subtle, and some people would argue that it wasn't a sign at all, but I believe that when we see it as a sign, it is.

Signs can be as subtle as: hearing a song with meaningful lyrics just when you need it most; seeing butterflies, birds, dragonflies, or other wildlife when you need them; aromas, sounds, or other sensory perceptions that suddenly come to you; and other things that just bring you comfort or a sense of peace, even if only for a split second.  Even the image of certain flowers can be signs.  if you have a wonderful dream of Pooh, and you awaken feeling as if you were just with him, you were.  I call those "dream visits."  I always say that you just know the difference between a regular dream and a dream visit.  You know it in your heart and no one can take it away from you.  Your signs will come, and sooner or later, you will know when they do.  Even finding this site when you needed it most can be a sign, or receiving a reply at just the right time.  Our Bridge Kids guide us to do things that we might not have done otherwise.  Angels use us to help each other at the right moment.  Signs are all around us.

I hope you will soon find the smiles of gratitude for your life with Pooh to be coming to you more often.  Yesterday was a really tough day for me.  It was the two week marker for T.J.  I know that he is fine, but I am the one who is hurting. 

I have faith that I will heal, and coming here to connect with others who understand is the best way I know to get my foothold on my own path to healing.  I hope you will come back and tell us all about life with Pooh and all the joy and love you shared while he was with you physically.

You and Angel Pooh are in my thoughts and prayers, and I'm sending virtual hugs to comfort you now.

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Debi

Reply with quote  #3 
Susie, thank you for the kind words. Yes, it as you say, we are the ones hurting, while our babies are doing fine. It is always that way isn't it?
 I will continue to look for signs...and just fleeting memories of him rolling over for his Pooh belly to be kissed makes me smile. He was such a warm loving little thing. Never a little yapper as little dogs are sometimes called, he loved everyone and showered them with kisses..and loved to snuggle...and when he was happy his whole little body wiggled along with his tail. And he, like his father, I'm told, smiled at people he loved. I've never seen a dog to that before Pooh. Yes, there are precious memories which I'll always cherish.
  I'm sorry for your loss of T.J.  and know how hard it is to stop hurting so much, and be happy for them. I'm sure you, like me miss the hugs and snuggles and kisses of their physcial bodies. 
  Hugs back to you, and hope time heals us both soon.

Reply with quote  #4 
Bellies!  I miss T.J.'s belly so much.  It always had the most glorious smell after he woke up from a nap.  He would roll over for a tummy tickle, and I would always bury my nose in his sleepy, warm tummy and draw in that magnificent smell.  Yesterday on his two week marker, I went to his bedding in my office closet where he always napped and tried so hard to catch even a faint whisp of his smell.  I miss rubbing his tummy, scratching his armpits (he LOVED that!), and holding hands with him. Whenever I massaged his front paws, he would grip my finger tightly and purr to his heart's content.  When I did it to his back feet, he made what I always called "Star footy," spreading his toes as far apart as he could.  Again, the purr would nearly rumble the roof right off our house. 

There are so many things we miss, and it's a big adjustment to get used to the new state of normal in our lives. But, oh ~ just imagine how empty our lives would be if we had never had those wonderful loves that we miss so now.

Wishing you continued healing, one step at a time.

xoxoxo

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
PoohtsMom

Reply with quote  #5 
Oh Debi, I feel for you so much. I'm also waiting for a sign from a "Pooh Bear". How ironic our Pooh's both left for the Bridge in March. My prayers are with you. I understand completely how you feel with the need to get the 'sign'.  Your Pooh was adorable. You were a great Mom, I just know it as does he.

Susie, you are so inspirational and I love reading your posts. Thank you for holding many hands through these difficult times.  
Debi

Reply with quote  #6 
Thank you PoohtsMom....I'm hoping you get a sign from Pooh soon...
Actually my Poohbear passed on Feb.27th...a day I'll never forget!
 Sending hugs and wishes for lots of warm loving signs soon!

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.