Jerseycheerxox
This is gonna be all over the place as I still can't put into words how I'm feeling;
April 2015 my beloved cocker spaniel passed away. I had him since I was 5 years old & he lived a long 15 years! I still am in shock and can't comprehend he is gone and feel very guilty.
As you may know cocker spaniels have loads of ear problems and need special medication, well my parents were going on vacation and put my dog in the vet that we used for all his life because I couldn't give him his medicne. When he was in there he had a heart attack , which was shocking because we never knew of health problems so since I was in town I went and saw him the next night and the vet let me take him out of the cage and play with him , I give him a kiss on the head and a big hug and said I'll see him tomorrow and left . The next morning my mom and dad called me crying how my dog passed away in his sleep that night .

I still feel horrible and feel like he thinks I abandoned him and he had no one else so he just let go . I wish I could hug him one last time , it's so hard .
Quote 0 0
shantismom
We all feel guilty for one reason or another.  You loved your baby for over ten years and gave him a loving home.  Now he is without pain or problems of any kind.
We all know the pain you are feeling and invite you to come here whenever you need to share your heartache.  You will find people who know what you are going through.
I will keep you in my prayers.
Marlene Wagner
Quote 0 0
camunki
I think everyone of us feels "guilt" to some point, that there was somehting that i *should have done, could have done* etc....guilt, is a huge part of the process of grieving. Remember YOU did all that you could for your baby. You took put him at the vets for help with his ear medication, cuz you love your baby.....You did get to give him a kiss on the head b4 you left.....you did all the right things, just sometimes in life things do no work out the way we want them to. Please keep posting & know you are not alone.....

Cam

Quote 0 0
bartlett
How sad to lose the pet you've had for practically all your life. We're never ready to let go of our beloved doggies but I'm sure he had a good life with you and don't beat yourself up for something that you had no control over. It's good at his advanced age that he wasn't sick for a long time and you didn't have to see him suffer. In time you'll be able to look back at all the good times you had together, but for right now it's going to be hard. Just talk it out here when you feel like it and know that we all understand.
joan bartlett
Quote 0 0