Josephine
Today’s is my birthday, but I got very emotional when I open my cards from family not to see my girl Sandy on it. People probably think get over it but I was crying and couldn’t control it. Family under stood. She would bring my cards to me And always a gift. That’s what I missed her running up the stairs with card in her mouth and wagging her tail 😢.
Quote 0 0
huckleberry1918
My wife always gets me birthday, anniversary and Christmas cards from the cats. When Nomar died, it was tough. For a year after, she would just give me one from all of them and sign them the kitties.
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Dear Josephine,

I am very sorry for your loss of your beloved Sandy. She certainly was adorable! Thank you for sharing the stories you have about her and the delightful photo images in your other posts.

Our family and my ex and I would on occasion sign Holiday and Birthday cards for each other, with our pet's names (often as if they had misspelled their own name. Lol) and we would draw paws or place an actual paw print on them, but I have never, not ever, heard of a pet actually DELIVERING a greeting card to anyone!! That is MAGNIFICENT!! Well done SANDY! What an incredible memory and memorable experience to have. : )

I wish you the Happiest of Birthday wishes on this very special day.

Cheers!

Kind regards,
James
Quote 0 0
Josephine
Thanks for your kindness.
Just lost without her.
Quote 0 0
Sampson
My deepest condolences on the loss of your sweet little girl. I read your other posts and looked at Sandy’s pictures. What a sweetie! I can imagine her running up the stairs with your card in her mouth. Seven years is still so young! Terribly unfair my dear! Wishing you peaceful memories of your precious Sandy to comfort you at this sad time.
Sam
Quote 0 0
redgirlraven
My Birthday was July 25th and I had a similar experience. I cried a lot that day and my family feels I should be over it too. It’s hard to explain how painful it is. It’s not a choice. It is just awful. I’m really sorry
AR
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

I can not even talk with anyone I know in my personal life about my grief anymore, they aren't interested, don't care, or think it is not normal for me to still be grieving. I gave up. I just have to act "Fake Happy." I'm sure it is why I hang out on this forum so much. Because it makes me fell less alone. At least people here understand what I am experiencing. 

Quote 0 0
Josephine
Aw that’s a pity bout family . This forum is great I found it when I couldn’t talk about her and write down here has help. So may people loved their pets unconditionally whist great to read about the joy they Bring sad that they have crossed over the bridge.
I can talk to mine some say time to move on or get another puppy but I can’t z. Some days are good. Its just yesterday trigger off again cause of birthday.🙈.
I am lucky with family cause they loved her so much.
Take care
Josephine
Quote 0 0
Josephine
Redgirlraven
Thanks for reply. I understand your pain. But we have to think of all happy times they gave us. Occasion s going to be hard the first year for us all. I’m dreading Xmas. As she used the baubles as balls around the place. She brought us great joy and I’m sure yours did too.
It’s not easy but we have to try.
Take care
Josephine
Quote 0 0
Jan_H
I am sorry you felt sad on your birthday. Sandy was clearly a special dog. I can envision her running up the stairs, tail wagging, delivering a birthday card to you. That is so sweet. Thank you for sharing that story.

Jan
Quote 0 0
Adriane_d
Thank you for sharing your story, I relate to it. I miss my Isabella so much. It does help to share.💔
Take care
Quote 0 0