RazzMom9
I lost my Yorkie, Razz, in July and am still grieving. Its been so hard to accept because he was only 9 and had just had a comprehensive checkup at the vet. I came home from work one evening and found him passed away. We don't know if he got into something he shouldn't have or if the vet simply missed something.

Nonetheless, my heart is still broken. As time has passed, I can talk about him a little more and look at his pictures. But I'm still having a hard time accepting this. 

Reading others' similar experiences helps some -- knowing I'm not alone. I don't want to forget him but I wish the pain would go away.
Sallie
Quote 0 0
Lenegal
I am so sorry for your loss. I lost Jake, my Italian Greyhound in July also. I am still grieving also. I am so sorry you found your baby the way you did. The shock must have been enormous. There is no time limit on grieving; no time limit for getting over the death and moving on. Grieving for our babies is so painful. Yesterday I cried over my guy, though most days I have my ups and downs. Take it one day at a time. Eventually the good days will outweigh the bad. Again, so sorry for the unexpected loss of your Razz.

Arlene
Quote 0 0
RazzMom9
Lenegal wrote:
I am so sorry for your loss. I lost Jake, my Italian Greyhound in July also. I am still grieving also. I am so sorry you found your baby the way you did. The shock must have been enormous. There is no time limit on grieving; no time limit for getting over the death and moving on. Grieving for our babies is so painful. Yesterday I cried over my guy, though most days I have my ups and downs. Take it one day at a time. Eventually the good days will outweigh the bad. Again, so sorry for the unexpected loss of your Razz.

Arlene

Thanks Arlene - your words mean a lot to me! I'm so sorry for your loss too but glad for this forum so we can share our grief and know that many understand what we're going through.
Sallie
Quote 0 0
Jody
I just read your thread and just pictured finding my baby golden Tony. I am so sorry. I know you are feeling exactly what I am. He died 7/25 he was 7 and I am also still grieving. He was fine just like your baby Razz. Then the awful Monday morning I woke up and he had died. It is so devastating to not to know what happened. Sometimes I think I might be better if I just did the necropsy but I needed to remember him in peace. The peaceful way I found him. I was too afraid of having him dissected and them not finding anything and being left with that. He died. Nothing was bringing him back to me. I know what you are going through. My heart breaks for you. You are not alone. We are all here together...
Quote 0 0
RazzMom9
Jody, I am crying for and with you. I found Razz on 7/27 - even worse it was my husband's birthday so you can imagine how the next birthday may be...a sad anniversary.

Thanks for sharing your story. We will never forget those sweeties who brought us such joy and love unconditionally!
Sallie
Quote 0 0