MissingMyDaisey

My Daisey girl was 4 months shy of turning 15. I got her when I was 17, I am now going to be 32. I've had her all of her 14 years. It's so hard for me adjusting to life without her. I break down crying everyday. It's hard for me to concentrate at work. I can't think about anything but her. There is no way for me to "get back to normal" cause Daisey in my life was my "normal." It hasn't even been a week since she passed and I still look to her spots in the house hoping to see her. I know they say it will get easier, I just can't believe I was capable of hurting this much. Daisey was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension and we all thought (we as in me, her regular vet, and her cardiologist) it was being controlled by meds. Unfortunately last Friday night Daisey suffered a seizure that her little heart just couldn't recover from. We had high hopes she would bounce back. But at around 11:15 pm while lying with me she looked back at me as if saying goodbye. I scooped her up knowing something was wrong but Daisey exhaled her last breath before I got into the car. She passed away in my arms on Saturday, February 4, 2012 - way too soon. She wasn't supposed to go yet... I still need her.

Maggie + Daisey
Quote 0 0
Gen
Dear Maggie...your post made me cry. I too lost my dog of 11yrs last week Saturday to Cancer. We have been missing our babies for the same amount of time & it doesn't feel like it is ever going to get any easier. I too look around thinking she is going to be there...and it's so hard to accept that she is not. The pain is raw & searing...worse than either of us could ever imagine. I have been told that one day I/we will get back to normal, that we will always miss them but that we will hurt less...I find that so hard to believe. They were our families...our loved ones and they will stay with us forever. The only thing I can say is this...BELIEVE that Daisy knew how much you loved her...know that she is waiting for you, and YOU WILL see her one day again! Talk to her, as much as you can...she is listening. Talk to the people on this site...they are wonderful! And while it may seem hard, be proud of yourself for giving her such a long & wonderful life with someone who loved her so much. If I could hug you I would...know you are not alone & that you are being thought of!
Missing Mackenzie
Quote 0 0
MissingMyDaisey
Gen,
Thank you so much for all of your kind words. We ARE missing our babies the same amount of time. I am also sorry to hear of your great loss and sorry I made you cry. I know this may sound selfish but when people around me would lose people or pets they love I would always be so sad for them and just think to myself how I couldn't imagine my life without Daisey. Now the time has come and I feel like it's killing me. It was so hard to go straight home after work yesterday. Since Saturday I couldn't pull myself out of bed longer than enough time to soak in the tub. Daisey was my world. Not because she demanded it, but because she was my soulmate, my baby. The other pea in my pod. All my friends would say we even acted alike. She was recently decribed as 60% sass just like her momma!
Maggie + Daisey
Quote 0 0
Cass
Hi,
I too lost my Phoebe on Saturday. She was 11, and became really poorly, very quickly. One minute she was ok, then she wasn't and she died. I'm devastated. I keep doing what you're doing...looking at places around the house and expecting to see her.
I developed a cold on Saturday, hours after Pheebs died and I started sneezing and coughing, so I collected my duvet and have been sleeping downstairs on the sofa since....the other truth is that Phoebe slept in a basket on my bedroom floor, under the radiator and I can't sleep in there and not see her. She was so loud....a real talker and I miss hearing her. I guess I just miss her...sigh.
The good thing is that our animals were loved and knew love from us and that gives me joy.
Take care
Cass
Quote 0 0
MissingMyDaisey
Hi Cass,
Saturday was awfully busy :( Daisey slept on a pillow bed at the end of my bed in plain view when i barely lift my head. I sleep in there, I still have her bed there, and I hope in some way she still lays there. My house seems so dark and empty without her. I miss hearing her little feet pitter on the hardwood, I miss how she would be SO excited to see me when I got home, I miss how no matter how crappy the day has been she would always seem to look the cutest she could ever look, I miss how when she was really happy her smiled shined through, I can go on and on about Daisey. Oddly, I can find some comfort in this darkness. I'm blessed that in the months before her passing I was able to bring her to work with me to make sure things were going as planned with medications and I liked having her near! Also, after spending most of Friday night at the vet ER then a good chunk of the day Sat at her doctors getting blood work we were laying together and she didn't seem to be feeling much better (even though all doctors expected her too)  I prayed. I prayed that if He can't make her feel better that He take her peacefully. Less than two hours later she was taking her last breath. The part that I find comfort in is that my prayer was answered and she died knowing how much I love her and that I was the last one she saw. I am glad she went right before we busted into the ER again even though I gave them permission to try CPR I'm glad it was my face she went on seeing instead of a bunch of strangers... Still, I can't help but cry EVERY single time I think of her which is almost ALL the time. Maybe once you start sleeping in your bed again Phoebe will watch over from hers...
Maggie + Daisey
Quote 0 0
MissingMyDaisey

I was called to pick up Daisey's cremains yesterday. It's so hard walking into my house, it's so hard knowing she's gone but still looking to see her, it's so hard NOT crying all day long. I miss my baby so much. My heart is broken and I really still cannot believe she is gone. She was my heart, my joy, and my soul and now it's all broken.

Maggie + Daisey
Quote 0 0
donnajean
I just had to make the hardest deciision of my life Wedmesday and have my best friend Duchess put to sleep. She was 17 years 4 months old. She had.not been able to keep anything down for quite awhile, was blind, could not hear very well and was always confused. I can't quit crying and wondering if I did the right thing by her. She was loosing weight. I didn't want to see her starve to death. I hurt so bad.

P
Duchess's Mommy and Best Friend
Quote 0 0
MissingMyDaisey

It sounds to me that you did the right thing. Duchess probably stuck it out for so long for you more than herself. I believe my baby did the same thing. I am in so much pain as well, you are definitely not alone. I can't seem to get it through my head that my Daisey is gone. I to am going through the hardest times I've ever had in my life. The pain is so much I physically ache for her. I hope that we both find some comfort soon.

Maggie + Daisey
Quote 0 0
Helen

Dear Maggie, I lost my little baby, Tinkle, eight months ago so I understand your grief. My baby hid her illness from me for as long as she could but eventually she had to be put to sleep as she could not keep anything down, was rapidly losing condition and was almost blind. For 13 years she had been my constant companion and the love of my life. I miss her terribly and I always will. There is no easy road through the grieving process and you will have to deal with every stage of grief until you are able to find peace. It does take quite a while to accept your loss and to try to go on in life without your baby. After eight months of gut wrenching grief I am only now starting to learn to live again. You will too but in your own time. They say, the more you love the harder the grief. I firmly believe this to be true. God bless.

Tinkle's Mummy

Tinkle's photo is in the avatar

Please visit Tinkle at:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TINKL001/resident.htm

For all the joy you've given me,
For the glory days gone by,
My best and final gift, my baby,
I give you wings to fly.
Quote 0 0
JulieD
Maggie,  I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your dear Daisey.  I know what you are feeling and am here for you.  On Dec 12th I made the decision to have my girl Sadey put to sleep.  She was my baby girl.  I got her as a puppy when I was 20 and she was with me for nearly 15 years....she would have turned 15 this March 16th.
I am still having a very hard time.  In fact I cried most of my drive home from work (I drive 30 miles) and when I walked into my house tonight I just started sobbing.  I still have Sadey's bed, blankets, and toys in the same spot in the living room....I just cannot bring myself to move them yet.  I sleep with one of her blankets every night.  
One thing a friend told me to do was to light a candle for both Sadey and my Bailey (who I had to put to sleep in June 2010)....I bought two candle holders that I put votives in every night I am home and I placed them in my kitchen by pictures of Sadey and Bailey and I light them and let them burn until they burn out.  I also have two pillar candles by their ashes with a poem and a picture of the two of them together.  I have found that it does calm me down when I light the candles.
Please always know that Daisey knows how much you love her and she thanks you for the wonderful life you shared together....she will always be watching over you and she has never left your heart.
Please private message me whenever you need to.  It will be two months this Sunday since I said goodbye to my little girl and this website has truly been a lifesaver to me!  Everyone on here is so caring and supportive and they understand are feelings and loss because we have all shared this.
Sending you a big hug!
~Julie
Quote 0 0
heartsick
Dear Maggie - I am so sorry for the loss of your precious Daisey.
We ALL understand here.
I lost my Bear after fourteen years - we curled up for a nap
together and only I woke up. When he died I literally walked around
in circles wringing my hands as I had no idea how to live without him.
I didn't know how to breathe without him.
Grief makes you feel like your whole life blew up and all of the pieces landed
in unknown places and we need to learn to navigate a whole new life - like a Picasso painting.
We are ALL here for you and we ALL understand.
You Are in My Thoughts.
Susan(heartsick)

Quote 0 0
MissingMyDaisey
I can't stop looking at the clock. This time last week my Daisey was approaching her last hour and I didn't know until it came. Yet, I still can't believe she's gone
Maggie + Daisey
Quote 0 0
MissingMyDaisey
Thank you all for your thoughts and kind words. I'm having a pretty rough day today but can't tell you ALL how much logging into this site makes me feel a tiny bit better which is a lot considering how low I am.
Maggie + Daisey
Quote 0 0
MissingMyDaisey

You are absolutely NOT crazy! I still think about Daisey all day every day. There are times I smile and times I cry. I'm so sorry to hear the way your baby passed. I can't imagine the shock that must have over come you. My Daisey had heart problems. Her initial diagnosis came from me taking her in for a cough too. I have finally accepted the fact that Daisey went before her heart caused any more problems that would have been more painful for her little body to have to bare. I feel so bad for how bad she must've felt but never made it known to me. I know all she wanted was to please me. Lord knows I would've done anything to make her feel better had I known sooner. I'm so glad we can be here for eachother. Big Hugs to you

Maggie + Daisey
Quote 0 0